ps. I tested running out as PL80IMG.zip while on moonshine hboot

Success!

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

M

Modding.MyMind

ps. I tested running out as PL80IMG.zip while on moonshine hboot

Success!

That is very useful knowledge to have. I'm curious though.... How long did that take to complete haha?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

@russellvone

Also, did you try it with a stock HBoot?

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
That is very useful knowledge to have. I'm curious though.... How long did that take to complete haha?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

@russellvone

Also, did you try it with a stock HBoot?

yup, just finished....works!

took about 10 minutes.......

both times....I knew you were gonna ask lol

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
Hey your links all give me the 509 error. Can you upload them to mega or something?

https://mega.co.nz/#!EQM3mb4T!4RAum6J89fLIwqdQNiT9brrmwGHXN09MHJ2-IjnxmPQ

Here's a mega link.

It's the rom.zip decrypted from the official RUU for 4.1.2

Download

Rename to simply rom.zip

Place in your directory with working fastboot and adb

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot erase cache

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip rom.zip

this will take about 14 minutes. If you get any errors, do not fret. Simply re run the last command

Allow it to finish without errors then.......

fastboot reboot

Then just simply download the OTA and apply!

Victory

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

cabrera_drt

Jun 19, 2009

Here's a mega link.

Download

Rename to simply rom.zip

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot erase cache

fastboot oem rebootRUU

this will take about 14 minutes. If you get any errors, do not fret. Simply re run the last command

fastboot reboot

Victory

Hello great post, I just get one htc one sv from boost and I deleted accidentaly the system partition my question is if with this instructions I can restore the system partition? and other question is: the bootloader needs to be locked to flash the RUU file in to the phone ? thank you for the post is great.:good:

M

Modding.MyMind

Hello great post, I just get one htc one sv from boost and I deleted accidentaly the system partition my question is if with this instructions I can restore the system partition? and other question is: the bootloader needs to be locked to flash the RUU file in to the phone ? thank you for the post is great.:good:

You don't need to follow the above in regards to your system. When you flashed your custom recovery did you make a backup of your device? If yes, then you need to restore your system given the backup you made from within the custom recovery.

cabrera_drt

Jun 19, 2009
You don't need to follow the above in regards to your system. When you flashed your custom recovery did you make a backup of your device? If yes, then you need to restore your system given the backup you made from within the custom recovery.

this is the problem, I didn't do a backup of my phone and now the phone don't works properly, I still looking for a rom that works for me. thank you for the support.:(

walgrenz

Jul 12, 2014
Bootloader will not unlock

When the phone boots up it says decrypt storage and when I unlock the bootloader it stays locked

HowardJones

Aug 22, 2012
Hey,

i would try your Solution but if i try to download your Stuff from the Dropbox i always get:

Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Can you may fix that??

Thank you so much!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: ONLY YOU YOU YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES TO YOUR YOUR YOUR DEVICE.

FOLLOW THESE STEPS EXACTLY.
    DO NOT CONTINUE TO THE ACTUAL PROCEDURE UNTIL YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS TUTORIAL.

This post will be used to give you a dry run on how to achieve updating your OS (Operating System) using the OFFICIAL OTA (Over The Air) released by HTC for K2_CL Boost Mobile devices that have been S-off(ed) using Moonshine.io.

Downloads will be in post #3.
    Credits will be in post #4.

Okay, let's get this dry run started so everyone will have an understanding of how this is going to work.

STEP 1: Connect your phone to your computer with a known working USB cable. Remove the back (battery cover). For convenience, just leave your phone plugged into your computer and the battery cover off during this procedure. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ADB (AndroidDebuggingBridge) ENABLED.

STEP 2: Download TWRP (TeamWinRecoveryProject) .img and place it in your /fastboot directory(folder) on your computer.

STEP 3: Find and place your unlocktoken that you received from HTC into your /fastboot directory.

STEP 4: Download my personal,super clean, nandroid backup and unzip it. Then place the '4.0.4_PURE_STOCK' or 4.1.2_jb.pure.stock folder in the same directory that your personal TWRP nandroid backups are.

If you have never used TWRP and this is your first time, do this, simply boot into fastboot and open a cmd(command) prompt while in your fastboot directory and type
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp2.img
    this will boot the twrp.img on your phone, then click backup and swipe to confirm. When done making a backup, reboot.
    Now you will have a directory(folder) on your sdcard named TWRP and inside that directory you will have a folder named BACKUPS. Place the '4.0.4_PURE_STOCK' or '4.1.2_jb.pure.stock' folder, with all of its contents, here.

STEP 5: Download PL80IMG.zip NOTE: You may not be able to extract this zip. It is encrypted by HTC. So don't freak out and assume that you got a bad download or a corrupt zip. Place PL80IMG.zip on the root of your sdcard. MAKE SURE IT'S PLACED ON THE ROOT OF YOUR 'ext_sd'. Turn your phone off by pulling the battery out.(to my knowledge, it is perfectly safe to leave your phone plugged into your computer even while pulling the battery out. I left my phone plugged in the whole time I did this and I'm using my phone to post this tutorial. No damage at all :D ) Then boot into bootloader by holding the -vol (volume down) button and then the pwr (power) button. After it's in bootloader it will run a self check looking for different files on the root of your sdcard. And then it will find PL80IMG.zip. After it finds the zip it will load it. You will see a blue bar in the upper right of your screen. When it's done loading it will say 'parsing' and then do a whole lot of 'checks' and after its finished verifying the package it will ask you if you want to apply it. CHOOSE YES. after it applies the package it will tell you 'done' 'press pwr(power) to reboot'
    Press the pwr button. NOTE: YOUR PHONE MAY NOT BOOT. This is because the PL80IMG.zip flashed a stock sense JB kernel. DON'T WORRY I did this while on ICS OS and my phone did not boot. Just pull the battery to power off your phone. NOTE: TAKE OUT YOUR SDCARD WHILE YOUR PHONE IS OFF. DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR SDCARD UNTIL INSTRUCTED. Now install your battery and boot into bootloader and choose fastboot from the menu. Verify that you have a good connection to your computer by sending cmd
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    from the cmd prompt you opened in your fastboot directory. If it returns your serial number continue. If it returns a blank or 'no devices found' make sure your screen says 'fastboot usb' in red text.

STEP 6: Unlock your new JB (still S-off) bootloader. Send cmd
    Code:
    fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
    It will ask you if your sure you want to unlock it, use the volume rocker to select yes press the pwr button to confirm. It will then try to boot again. Just pull the battery to power off and then boot into bootloader again and you'll notice its says *tampered* unlocked. Select fastboot from the menu and send cmd
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    Now select bootloader from the menu, AFTER THE BOOTLOADER IS FINISHED LOOKING FOR THE PL80IMG.zip, THEN YOU MAY INSERT YOUR SDCARD BACK INTO ITS SLOT IN THE PHONE. DO THIS NOW. Now select recovery from the menu and it will boot you into your TWRP recovery.
    Select restore from the menu, and find the folder name '4.0.4_PURE_STOCK' or '4.1.2_jb.pure.stock' and swipe to confirm. (No need to wipe before,even if coming from a custom Rom) once the restore process is finished it will ask you reboot. DON'T REBOOT YET. Click on the 'home' button, then click the reboot button, then click the bootloader button. It will boot you strait into fastboot so DO NOT PRESS THE POWER BUTTON because it will check your sdcard for the PL80IMG.zip if you accidentally choose bootloader from the fastboot menu. SO AGAIN, DO NOT PRESS THE POWER BUTTON. In your cmd prompt send cmd
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock
    Now your phone should boot into a nice fresh ICS Rom. Go into settings, scroll down to the bottom and click updates, then software updates and download and install all OTA update(s).

:thumbup:

STEP 7: Profit.

and if you'd like to go further down the rabbit hole,

by removing

*TAMPERED*

from your bootloader

making your bootloader say

LOCKED (instead of 'RELOCKED')

and even going as far as to changing S-OFF to S-ON

a very special thanks to
    @Modding.MyMind

follow instructions in thread you can find here

TUTORIAL: Remove *TAMPERED* & *RELOCKED* flag / HBoot w/o unlock_code.bin

swing by and click thanks to him!

( ¿who knows? Maybe you need to send your phone in for repair, wouldn't you want your phone to NOT have any traces of S-OFF?)
    All ready guys

:thumbup: :D
    added rom.zip to download post. it will speed the process up.
    Hey your links all give me the 509 error. Can you upload them to mega or something?

Here's a mega link.

Download

Rename to simply rom.zip

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot erase cache

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot reboot

Victory

What you will need to succeed:

COMPUTER

USB CABLE

K2_CL (that is able to boot into fastboot)

MICRO SD CARD (2 Gb minimum)

YOUR Unlock_code.bin YOU RECEIVED FROM HTC TO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER

WORKING FASTBOOT ENVIRONMENT

AT LEAST ONE OR TWO HOURS TIME

ABILITY TO READ AND FOLLOW THE STEPS IN THIS TUTORIAL (no skipping steps)