move apps to external sd card

Search This thread

supermaxkato

Feb 21, 2010
Android 4.2.2 jellybean stock unrooted:
My son loves the gameloft iron man game. With this phone I can move the app (45mb) to external SD card. But the data for the game (1GB+) stays on the phones sd card (STORAGE/SDCARD0/ANDROID/OBB). And if I try to manually move the game data to (STORAGE/EXTSDCARD/ANDROID/OBB) it does not recognize it. Why would it give us the option to move the app to external sd card, but not also move it's data (often being the largest part of the app). Doesn't that defeat the purpose of this feature?
Same issue with co-pilot gps app; I can move the app but not the 1GB of map data.
Do I need to change a file somehow to make the system look at the external sd card instead of the phone sd card for its data?

BACKGROUND:
I love Android 4.2.2 jellybean on this phone (I'm stock; unrooted).
And I loved when I saw that you could once again move apps to the external SD card. (It took me back to the days on Android gingerbread 2.3.4 when I could save all my phone memory and put almost all my apps on my SD card.)
But I found out that although you can move the app, any data for those apps remains on the phone sd card.
See 2 examples above.

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
Use folder mount its easy setup. It "redirect" any sdcard/folder to the extsdcard/foder

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

supermaxkato

Feb 21, 2010
Android 4.2.2 jellybean stock unrooted:
My son loves the gameloft iron man game. With this phone I can move the app (45mb) to external SD card. But the data for the game (1GB+) stays on the phones sd card (STORAGE/SDCARD0/ANDROID/OBB). And if I try to manually move the game data to (STORAGE/EXTSDCARD/ANDROID/OBB) it does not recognize it. Why would it give us the option to move the app to external sd card, but not also move it's data (often being the largest part of the app). Doesn't that defeat the purpose of this feature?
Same issue with co-pilot gps app; I can move the app but not the 1GB of map data.
Do I need to change a file somehow to make the system look at the external sd card instead of the phone sd card for its data?

BACKGROUND:
I love Android 4.2.2 jellybean on this phone (I'm stock; unrooted).
And I loved when I saw that you could once again move apps to the external SD card. (It took me back to the days on Android gingerbread 2.3.4 when I could save all my phone memory and put almost all my apps on my SD card.)
But I found out that although you can move the app, any data for those apps remains on the phone sd card.
See 2 examples above.

I need a means that does not require root.
Why would it allow me to move the app without root; but require root to move the data.
This seems like a Samsung flaw, or an Android 4.2.2. flaw.
Does kitkat move apps and their data to external sd card?

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
I need a means that does not require root.
Why would it allow me to move the app without root; but require root to move the data.
This seems like a Samsung flaw, or an Android 4.2.2. flaw.
Does kitkat move apps and their data to external sd card?

This is an Android thing bro. KitKat would be the same. There's few app that can do the job, but most (if not all) requires root.

supermaxkato

Feb 21, 2010
I could agree that it was just an android thing if it didn't let you move apps at all (like ICS wouldn't). But it does let you move apps now without root, just not the data. Anyone else?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using XDA Free mobile app