Cases that are compatible with the wireless charging back

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sweet! Would there only be one model/color options though? I looked at your cases on Amazon and I really dig the ultra tpu.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'd love to do the Ultra but the sales for that style just aren't there yet. It's our first time making that style of case, and while I do believe it will be one of our top sellers eventually, it's not quite there yet. I think realistically we'll start with our traditional matte black style (possibly even a full matte style case as some of you have requested (no glossy lip)). If that goes well we can try other colors/styles.

So to confirm, we are going to make a case compatible with the wireless charging door. I'll try my best to expedite the process, but it's going to take a little longer than it usually would to make a case. Reason being is usually we use existing CAD data of the phone shape to make our case from. There is no existing CAD data out there for the GS5 with the wireless charging door installed. I'm going to actually have to buy a GS5 and wireless charging door and have the factory take an impression of it. We've done it before for our Galaxy S III and Droid Bionic Extended Battery Cases so I know we can do it. I'm going to shoot for 1 month from today, and I'm not going to take pre-orders for it. We'll make enough inventory that pre-ordering won't be needed anyways.
    Hello everyone,

Clay here from Diztronic. Due to the number of requests we've been getting I think there is a good chance we will make a case to fit the wireless charging door. Assuming we decide to do it, it would take roughly 3 to 4 weeks until we'd have them ready to ship to customers. We'll make a decision today if we are going forward with it or not and I'll post an update on the news section on our website either way.
    Just got my ship notification as well.
    For some reason it shows August 5th-7th as a delivery date.
    2 weeks seems like a really long time to ship unless its coming from another country, then maybe. Im in Pennsylvania

It shows that as your estimated date because Amazon wasn't expecting us to ship them until the 31st. Amazon then allows 5 business days for delivery (if you selected standard shipping). It won't take that long, 97% of our orders are delivered within 3 business days according to our shipping metrics. I'd expect almost all of you to have them by Monday, some people will get theirs Saturday depending how close you are to Wisconsin (or tomorrow if you are in Wisconsin).

---

Another update: All pre-orders and orders placed before 3:00PM Central today were shipped. People that ordered via the website won't get shipping confirmation emails until around midnight I believe, but don't worry -- yours shipped too. About 300 of you pre-ordered, making this the most pre-ordered case we've ever had! Thank you everyone, I hope the case is to your satisfaction.
    Good news, our Full Matte TPU Cases compatible with the Wireless Charging Cover for Samsung Galaxy S5 are ready to go. We are starting to ship today! All pre-orders will be shipped no later than tomorrow, and more than likely we will ship all of them today :good:
    It's definitely going to be able to charge through the case. In my experience I've been able to charge through cases as thick as 1.8mm with my Tylt Vu and Nokia DT-900 Qi chargers. I charge through our Matte Back Galaxy Note III Case daily and that case is 1.5mm. Customers also use our S4 case with wireless charging without issue. Our S5 Qi case is going to be 1.2mm on the back, 1.45mm on the sides. Our regular S5 case is 1.45mm on the sides AND back. So we thinned out the back just a bit to ensure compatibility with more Qi chargers. It's entirely possible there may be some Qi chargers that have trouble charging through a case. I only personally have the Tylt Vu and Nokia DT-900 to test with. I really love the Tylt Vu charger by the way, too bad it's so expensive!

A quick update: While we are continuing to officially advertise the release date as July 31st, unofficially we expect to have all pre-orders shipped by the end of this week. It's not a guarantee, but all signs are pointing to that at this point.