[APP][Market link] TouchScreenTune (Solving touchscreen sensitivity issue)-UPDATED_2!

Search This thread

tzyn

Dec 19, 2010
Berlin
Hm ok, tried it out. I thought that i tested it already and couldnt see any difference between 40 and 90. That's why i ask, because i saw that value in the thread here. But if i set it to 20, its obvious.

But that didnt describe, what it do exactly (to know what value is good or how the value will effect the responsiveness, min/max etc). Because i can set 40, 90, 120 or 1200 and the effect is not that big, also between 40 and 90.

arizal

Jun 3, 2007
Not on mine. At least not with the settings I use. Tested it last night with my finger, and with a stylus (using Sketchbook Mobile, Pen memo, Zen Brush, and Supernote) and I get a pretty straight line - variation due to age and infirmity.

With a ruler - straight as can be.

Have you tried drawing realy slooowwwww?

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Hm ok, tried it out. I thought that i tested it already and couldnt see any difference between 40 and 90. That's why i ask, because i saw that value in the thread here. But if i set it to 20, its obvious.

But that didnt describe, what it do exactly (to know what value is good or how the value will effect the responsiveness, min/max etc). Because i can set 40, 90, 120 or 1200 and the effect is not that big, also between 40 and 90.

are you sure that you are pressing save after every change you make or it wont apply the new values...

tzyn

Dec 19, 2010
Berlin
Sure, I press "apply" (not save) after every change. ;)

I'm not new at this business. And otherwise i would not see a difference between 20 and 40. With 20 the circle follows very slowly. But between 40 and 90 I cannot see any big difference (and also with 120 or 1200). Maybe the circle follow a little bit faster, but thats not a big deal (and i move my finger really fast in the test).

abel_1one

Feb 17, 2008
I also get wavy lines when I write with stylus, could it be the stylus that might cause these lines? What is the best stylus for sgt10.1?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

danielsf

Oct 29, 2010
Hull
Hi, I have just donated the money, as I like the app, but it has been more than half an hour and I still haven't received the registration code, how long is it supposed to take please?

nightmarebadger

Jan 31, 2010
Ljubljana
www.natan.termitnjak.net
Hi, I have just donated the money, as I like the app, but it has been more than half an hour and I still haven't received the registration code, how long is it supposed to take please?

He has to send the registration email/code by hand, so you'll have to wait till he gets to his computer. Since it was over midnight at his place when you posted this, it's possible he already went to bed - in which case you'll have to wait at least a few hours.

Reactions: danielsf

missxtee

Oct 1, 2011
does anyone know if this app works with Galaxy Note? I know there's a version for Note users but can you really see a significant difference??

Sent From Galaxy Note Baby!

nightmarebadger

Jan 31, 2010
Ljubljana
www.natan.termitnjak.net
does anyone know if this app works with Galaxy Note? I know there's a version for Note users but can you really see a significant difference??

Sent From Galaxy Note Baby!

Why don't you just install the free version and see if it does you any good? That's the purpose of trial/testing/demo applications, to see if it works well before you purchase ...

You can find the Note one on the market: https://market.android.com/details?...1bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwiY29tLnZpdGFsLnRzdC5uNzAwMCJd

Reactions: akenathon

Roman-Kumori

Dec 7, 2010
Moscow
Has somebody solved this strange issue of lines being wavy? They are extremely wavy for me in Quill app, sort of wavy in Antipaper notes. And also wavy in supernote. The only way to draw a straight line is to draw it really fast in supernote. But if I need a short straight line?

So, gyus. Any solution/solve?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Has somebody solved this strange issue of lines being wavy? They are extremely wavy for me in Quill app, sort of wavy in Antipaper notes. And also wavy in supernote. The only way to draw a straight line is to draw it really fast in supernote. But if I need a short straight line?

So, gyus. Any solution/solve?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately nothing has been found...

Roman-Kumori

Dec 7, 2010
Moscow
Unfortunately nothing has been found...

What a terrifying avatar...:eek: Sorry.:)

Maybe somebody without this "wavy lines" problem will post their settings?

My current settings are:

Code:
Minimum movement amount: 0
Disable movement filtering: ticked
Touch sensitivity: 48 (default)
Palm detection: 50 (default)
Filter off value: 90

And also I have this setting in build.prop:

Code:
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=300

And I have wavy line problem.

nightmarebadger

Jan 31, 2010
Ljubljana
www.natan.termitnjak.net
What a terrifying avatar...:eek: Sorry.:)

Maybe somebody without this "wavy lines" problem will post their settings?

My current settings are:

And also I have this setting in build.prop:

And I have wavy line problem.

I have basically the same settings (only difference is I have Touch Sensitivity at 38) and while I do see wavy lines, I have to move quite slow to get them. When using the tab normally, I don't have any problems with wavy lines (even when taking notes with Supernote).

PS: Also changed my settings to be exactly like yours, same thing as before - might be a hardware limitation and depends on how good the screen on you tab is?

arizal

Jun 3, 2007
I'm afraid this 'wavy lines' problem is due to the crappy digitizers used or something in the OS.

If you put 2 fingers on the test area of TouchScreenTune about 3-4 cm apart and start to move them one toward the other, eventually at about 1cm both circles snap in 1. This shows that the actual resolution of the digitizer is about 1cm and the rest is done with interpolation and this interpolation does the waves.

At least this is my theory ;)

Also, the original samsung stylus is much thicker then the one I have - obv for a reason, the problem is much more pronounced with small contact areas.

The other interesting thing is that, judging by youtube videos, there is no such problem on the iPad. People with iPads draw happily oblivious of the way their digitizers work...

regards

decatf

Dec 27, 2011
Yes, it is likely the resolution of digitizer. The touch screen has a movement filtering setting for a reason. When you reduce the movement filtering (by checking disable in this app) then you will get wavy lines.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now on Market!

direct link

Or search for "TouchScreenTune"

*Requires Root*
    *Currently supports Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Asus Transformer Prime*. (Galaxy Note version also available on the Market)

TouchScreenTune application allows you to fine-tune settings of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touchscreen.

It allows to dramatically improve responsiveness and sensitivity of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touchscreen.

Without this application, it is almost impossible to use Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for handwriting or drawing. Application completely fixes this issue.

If you are using screen protector on your Tab, the application will allow to raise screen sensitivity, so there will be no responsiveness impact from using screen protector.

If you are using stylus, it is almost useless without tuning touchscreen with this application on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Using this application you can even turn on palm rejection future! That means that your hand can rest on screen while writing/drawing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored.
    Just see youtube video, it shows how Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 works without this application, and with this application!

If you wish to use different settings in different situations - just create shortcuts with different settings from within the app, and launch them when needed!

Some common problems:
    When first starting there should be popup from SuperUser application with request to get Root access. Some people say that sometimes it doesn't appear. In that case try starting the SU program first, and then this application.

Also when first granting SU rights, there may be some messages regarding inability to read settings. It's normal, after you grant SU rights application should work.

--------------------------------------------------
    What's new
    Version 1.17:
    Compatibility with latest CyanogenMod for Tab 10.1

Fixed bug when parameters were not applied after invoking settings via shortcut on the home screen

Version 1.11:
    Added ability to create shortcuts on the home screen. Shortcut is associated with currently applied settings. When clicked, shortcut will immediately apply them, without starting TouchScreenTune application. It is possible to have multiple shortcuts with different settings.

Version 1.8:
    Annoying notifications from SU removed

Version 1.3:
    PALM REJECTION:
    added slider allowing to turn on palm rejection. That means that you hand can rest on screen while writing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored. Set palm detection slider value to 0 or maybe a bit more like 1-10 to enable this functionality.

added advanced parameter: changing movement filter OFF value. This value is sent to touchscreen controller when checkbox is set to CHECKED. After changing it, press Apply button to set new configuration.

Version 1.1:
    Added compatibility with latest custom roms/kernels
    Solves screen freezing issue after turning screen on when using latest custom kernels/ROMs

Version 1.0:
    Added ability to change sensitivity, move filtering ant initial movement at the same time
    Completely new Honeycomb interface
    Reworked service part - should work without FCs
    Way easier to use
    New icon !!111 :)

Application is free but it will not restore settings on screen lock/unlock. To make it fully functional you need registration key, which I can provide for a small donation, details in the app itself.
    (If you already donated for previous version, send me an email, I'll send registration key for free)
    Good idea. I'm thinking on adding possibility to create a shortcuts on home screen with currently selected settings, so next time it would be enough to just click it to apply those settings.

Version 1.11:
    Added ability to create shortcuts on the home screen. Shortcut is associated with currently applied settings. When clicked, shortcut will immediately apply them, without starting TouchScreenTune application. It is possible to have multiple shortcuts with different settings.
    Test version:
    PALM REJECTION:
    added slider allowing to turn on palm rejection. That means that you hand can rest on screen while writing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored. Set palm detection slider value to 0 or maybe a bit more like 1-10 to enable this functionality.
    Argh, damnit! We have the kernel sources, is there any way to raise those touch events reported?

BTW, I have the same stylus, can't wait to put it to good use.

Hi,

i saw people mentioning a build.prop setting named windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec, which is set to 150 by default on the 7500. I've changed that to 300, and it appears to make things snappier, especially scrolling operations. I finally got close to iPad2's responsiveness with this. But there might also be other factors involved...
    When I tried to edit /system/build.prop I get the error that the file system is read only. Please help!

Assuming you have EF File Explorer:

Under settings, select both the "Root Explorer" AND the "Mount File System" right underneath it. That should do it!