T310 charging problem

Search This thread

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
Bought my tab t310 last july. A few months ago plugged in the original cable/wall charger to charge but nothing happened. Restarting allows normal charging. It happens intermittently. Tab is rooted, stock rom. Any ideas what can be wrong with it? Time to RMA and look for something different?

treetop777

Jan 25, 2009
United States
Bought my tab t310 last july. A few months ago plugged in the original cable/wall charger to charge but nothing happened. Restarting allows normal charging. It happens intermittently. Tab is rooted, stock rom. Any ideas what can be wrong with it? Time to RMA and look for something different?

Maybe a physical problem with the plug on the tablet. I have caught myself trying to force the charger cable up-side-down into the tab. maybe you did that unknowingly. If you think it's software, i recommend trying the Galatab3 Kernel, it allows the tab to charge from the wall and USB.

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
Maybe a physical problem with the plug on the tablet. I have caught myself trying to force the charger cable up-side-down into the tab. maybe you did that unknowingly. If you think it's software, i recommend trying the Galatab3 Kernel, it allows the tab to charge from the wall and USB.

I never forced the plug the wrong way, charge only from the wall using the original cable/adapter because pc usb 2.0 doesn't charge it and my other chargers have lower amps. No physical damage. Maybe it has something to do with root? I'll look into that kernel but don't want to make things worse in case i have to RMA. Happens intermittently, restarting makes charging work.

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ

no, this is a known problem with the t310. It happens to me as well. I think it happens if the % drops below 10%. Its like the USB port goes on deep sleep. I think there's a thread somewhere were somebody RMA and it still did it after it came back.

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
no, this is a known problem with the t310. It happens to me as well. I think it happens if the % drops below 10%. Its like the USB port goes on deep sleep. I think there's a thread somewhere were somebody RMA and it still did it after it came back.

Today happened at ~40%. Have you tried factory reset?