[Q] Anyone still on Gingerbread? Which ROM is your daily

Search This thread

lasuazo

Aug 10, 2013
Hi everyone, I just created this thread as I would like to know who is still on GB 2.3.x. Which ROM (GB) are you using, what are the current bugs or issues? I am asking since I got my Glide with ICS 4.0.4. After some research I came here looking for some answers and procedures on rooting & flashing. Found exactly what I was looking for, thanks to you all btw. Got bored of ICS as it used too much RAM & battery, tried LiteRom, had some issues, then came back to sock rooted, was not convinced. Started using some JB ROMS, issues. KitKat... issues. I want to start using a GB ROM, but I would really like some feedback form experienced users in what are the pro's & con's for GB, as I am aware that there's a lot of apps not compatible with this O.S. I would appreciate some advice from you guys! Thanks in advance :D

lasuazo

Aug 10, 2013
Wow... No one is using GB anymore? LOL... Just wanted to try it out, but I have only received some feedback from Androide3 using Osimod. Well... I guess I'll give it a shot sometime :D

neerajprabhu

Sep 15, 2013
GB Rogers Stock :(

I am still using GB Rogers stock ROM on my captivate glide.
Havent been able to root it yet.
plas help:cyclops::cyclops:

Hi everyone, I just created this thread as I would like to know who is still on GB 2.3.x. Which ROM (GB) are you using, what are the current bugs or issues? I am asking since I got my Glide with ICS 4.0.4. After some research I came here looking for some answers and procedures on rooting & flashing. Found exactly what I was looking for, thanks to you all btw. Got bored of ICS as it used too much RAM & battery, tried LiteRom, had some issues, then came back to sock rooted, was not convinced. Started using some JB ROMS, issues. KitKat... issues. I want to start using a GB ROM, but I would really like some feedback form experienced users in what are the pro's & con's for GB, as I am aware that there's a lot of apps not compatible with this O.S. I would appreciate some advice from you guys! Thanks in advance :D

lasuazo

Aug 10, 2013
I am still using GB Rogers stock ROM on my captivate glide.
Havent been able to root it yet.
plas help:cyclops::cyclops:

Oh cool. Still in stock, how's everything going with your Glide? For rooting GB follow this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1378082 Make sure you read it at least 3 times, to make sure you got it. There's also this updated guide on installing ROMs & ICS http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2623635 :good:

Last edited:

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
... Got bored of ICS as it used too much RAM & battery, tried LiteRom, had some issues, then came back to sock rooted, was not convinced. Started using some JB ROMS, issues. KitKat... issues. I want to start using a GB ROM, but I would really like some feedback form experienced users in what are the pro's & con's for GB, as I am aware that there's a lot of apps not compatible with this O.S. I would appreciate some advice from you guys!

Hi

even if I cannot help you regarding a pro/contra list for GB I'm interested in what your issues were in LiteROM? I'm currently developing a fork based on it because I also had issues - maybe I had the same and therefore solved already ;)
And if so you may not need a pro/contra list anymore ;)

Regards
xdajog

Reactions: Androide3

lasuazo

Aug 10, 2013
Hi

even if I cannot help you regarding a pro/contra list for GB I'm interested in what your issues were in LiteROM? I'm currently developing a fork based on it because I also had issues - maybe I had the same and therefore solved already ;)

Regards
xdajog

Thanks for your reply :)... I used it for a long time, I actually had some issues with the toggles turning on automatically, like gps, wifi and data... Camera will shut down the phone if less than 25% charge, if im not mistaken... Weird FC´s. Other issues I honestly do not remember. I was using ROMs based on KK4.4 like cr droid pac and CM11. But I went back to stock as I wanted a fully functional phone. Rooted, deleted all AT&T bloat. Did some tweaks, and so far so good. I never got used to the idea of GB as for now is way too old...:(

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Thanks for your reply :)... I used it for a long time, I actually had some issues with the toggles turning on automatically, like gps, wifi and data... Camera will shut down the phone if less than 25% charge, if im not mistaken... Weird FC´s. Other issues I honestly do not remember. I was using ROMs based on KK4.4 like cr droid pac and CM11.

Hm never had a camera crash but in LiteROM you have the choice of 3 different camera apps maybe I use another one than you had. The toggle thing sounds more interesting because I can't remember that I saw that before! So you want to say that e.g. GPS is turning on automatically?

But I went back to stock as I wanted a fully functional phone. Rooted, deleted all AT&T bloat. Did some tweaks, and so far so good. I never got used to the idea of GB as for now is way too old...:(

Well so you are satisfied now ? :cool:

lasuazo

Aug 10, 2013
Hm never had a camera crash but in LiteROM you have the choice of 3 different camera apps maybe I use another one than you had. The toggle thing sounds more interesting because I can't remember that I saw that before! So you want to say that e.g. GPS is turning on automatically?

Well so you are satisfied now ? :cool:

Oh hell no! Just saw your ROM post in General! Go read it LOL

terryowen

Apr 8, 2009
My Glide has been in a drawer for over a year and I recently decided to try using it again. It's still on GB, rooted and unlocked. I ended up putting it back in the drawer, mainly because quite a few of my apps complained about not having ICS or above.

I would like to update it to a newer, stable, close-as-possible-to-stock ROM when I have time.

Reactions: lasuazo

lasuazo

Aug 10, 2013
I have been using stock ICS 4.0.4 the last 3 weeks, I really have nothing to complain as I did some mods over the stock rom, mostly uninstalling all the att crap, and some unnecesary apps like gmail & google + running in the background consuming lots of resources. So far it has been great, plus I havent had battery issues. It will last the entire day, without a heavy usage of course. Currently waiting for the release of sedirom to try it out as Im getting used to the ol ICS as it is really stable, as if not 100% stable. Has anyone used Xposed with stock ICS? If you have, please let me know which mods have you done with it. ;)

shawn_ky

Jul 9, 2014
I have been using stock ICS 4.0.4 the last 3 weeks, I really have nothing to complain as I did some mods over the stock rom, mostly uninstalling all the att crap, and some unnecesary apps like gmail & google + running in the background consuming lots of resources. So far it has been great, plus I havent had battery issues. It will last the entire day, without a heavy usage of course. Currently waiting for the release of sedirom to try it out as Im getting used to the ol ICS as it is really stable, as if not 100% stable. Has anyone used Xposed with stock ICS? If you have, please let me know which mods have you done with it. ;)

Had my wife on Stock until upgrading to ICS 4.04. Was a bit flaky and upgraded to KitKat. I can definitely say the looks of KK is much better but it sure was more stable on stock. Biggest issues tended to be BlueTooth as we continued upgrading..

lasuazo

Aug 10, 2013
Had my wife on Stock until upgrading to ICS 4.04. Was a bit flaky and upgraded to KitKat. I can definitely say the looks of KK is much better but it sure was more stable on stock. Biggest issues tended to be BlueTooth as we continued upgrading..

I actually used Bubor´s CM11 with KitKat 4.4.2 & 4.4.3. It really is smooth and I really liked it, but I just like my phone with no issues at all, so I went back to stock ICS. Which Rom are you using for kitkat?:confused:

shawn_ky

Jul 9, 2014
I actually used Bubor´s CM11 with KitKat 4.4.2 & 4.4.3. It really is smooth and I really liked it, but I just like my phone with no issues at all, so I went back to stock ICS. Which Rom are you using for kitkat?:confused:

Using Bubor's OmniRom 4.4.4.... When we connect it to the car via Bluetooth (after deleting pairing, etc.) it still isn't working... On ICS 4.04 Bluetooth worked fine most of the time, but kept dropping ever so often. My wife's Fitbit Flex wouldn't connect either. Ironically, it does on 4.4.4....

willriddle1

Jul 12, 2014
Love my glide

from a hardware perspective I love my glide. I don't really want to upgrade to a new phone, but I have had several annoyances on it. One of them is the Google maps not working with Ice Cream Sandwich. Other annoyances too. I tired the KitKat rom here, and it's very good, but I was trying to get all of the google apps on and I hit a wall with the partition size. Seemed fixable but was driving me nuts. Not sure which direction I should go now.

krome_3k

Oct 3, 2011
My Glide has been in a drawer for over a year and I recently decided to try using it again. It's still on GB, rooted and unlocked. I ended up putting it back in the drawer, mainly because quite a few of my apps complained about not having ICS or above.

I would like to update it to a newer, stable, close-as-possible-to-stock ROM when I have time.

can u make a CWM backup and send the files(zipped) please? :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ... Got bored of ICS as it used too much RAM & battery, tried LiteRom, had some issues, then came back to sock rooted, was not convinced. Started using some JB ROMS, issues. KitKat... issues. I want to start using a GB ROM, but I would really like some feedback form experienced users in what are the pro's & con's for GB, as I am aware that there's a lot of apps not compatible with this O.S. I would appreciate some advice from you guys!

Hi

Regards
    xdajog