vick1211

Aug 12, 2012
So my device says "Bootloader unlock allowed: No" under the "Rooting Status"
Am I just out of luck?

Last edited by a moderator:

crixley

May 25, 2012
Yep, you and me both :(

People will try and say it is cause of the carriers, yet HTC, LG and Samsung phones on the same carriers are not all locked up. It is the one thing I don't like about this phone, well, that and the viewing angles (coming from a HTC one which had incredible speakers and screen)

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Yep, you and me both :(

People will try and say it is cause of the carriers, yet HTC, LG and Samsung phones on the same carriers are not all locked up. It is the one thing I don't like about this phone, well, that and the viewing angles (coming from a HTC one which had incredible speakers and screen)

Don't know about LG or Samsung but I know some HTC devices have their phones locked also when bought from a carrier. But we manage to workaround that issue by achieving S-Off so I guess yeah you're partially right.

SaeedFazlollahzadeh

May 2, 2014
Sari
So my device says "Bootloader unlock allowed: No" under the "Rooting Status"
Am I just **** out of luck?

So, it seems your phone should be Z1S, that's why all Z1S owners are not allowed to unlock their BL
So, here's the link to install CWM, and also it roots your phone with locked BL
http://techglen.com/2014/07/03/how-...xperia-z1-z1c-108-firmware-locked-bootloader/
It helped me a lot, although mine is Z1 C6903, but I locked BL and done step by step as it says
Wish you success

vick1211

Aug 12, 2012
So, it seems your phone should be Z1S, that's why all Z1S owners are not allowed to unlock their BL
So, here's the link to install CWM, and also it roots your phone with locked BL
It helped me a lot, although mine is Z1 C6903, but I locked BL and done step by step as it says
Wish you success

So that worked, but without an unlocked bootloader what kind of roms can I install?