HTC DNA vs HTC J BUTTERFLY (PICS INSIDE)

Search This thread

jerrickdamon

Apr 11, 2012
Newport
Where did you get the red backed DNA? Just curious, completely happy with mine being black. Also, I think the Verizon logo is fine. It would look too bland without it.

latebeat

May 10, 2012
Apart from you almost all other reviews mention that there's no wireless charging on the butterfly, did you get around checking that?

So.... now that you own both phones and you have extensively reviewed and used both, if you had to pick one, which one would you pick personally?

Last edited:

latebeat

May 10, 2012
Big flaw of the DNA: The ugly Verizon logo.

I agree and I hate how verizon had to ruin that when you see how good looking the back is and how great it feels you'll understand. So I'd still go fo the DNA rather the plasticy looking butterfly. If the butterfly had the mate back then yeah for sure it would be amazing

Djmk4

Dec 7, 2011
Thessaloniki
Could you confirm the screens are interchangeable between each other? I mean like, parts wise

They are not. Interchangeable but if you have a broken digitizer(as me) if you purchase the oem official replacement part...will have the HTC logo on it and not VeriZon...it's the only thing that happen after my digitizer cracked :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Reactions: kaliblazin707

Kenchinito

Jul 5, 2011
Sorry, i think i didnt understand. So, are you able to use a butterfly digitizer on a DNA? I Could care less about the Verizon Logo. Did you replace your digitizer? Or you bought the whole assembly of the digitizer and the LCD?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Djmk4

Dec 7, 2011
Thessaloniki
Sorry, i think i didnt understand. So, are you able to use a butterfly digitizer on a DNA? I Could care less about the Verizon Logo. Did you replace your digitizer? Or you bought the whole assembly of the digitizer and the LCD?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
I replace my digitizer but not with a verizon logo repair universe sell the oem replacement from htc but without verizon logo....it's for dna and not butterfly and its variants

Kenchinito

Jul 5, 2011
Did you replace your digitizer yourself? Could you give some insight on any precaution I should take?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

Djmk4

Dec 7, 2011
Thessaloniki
Did you replace your digitizer yourself? Could you give some insight on any precaution I should take?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

I had it replaced for me on a local reoair shop...i had change the digitizer of my sensation xe as i have some knowledge over that stuff..but didn't try anything on my precious dna because i live in Greece,Europe and if something bad happen don't know what i will do....

XSWG

Jul 21, 2011
I like the DNA better, just wish it had an SD card slot then I would never have to upgrade my phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, ok so now i have both phones, and i have provided some pictures bellow. I will soon take the butterfly apart and reveal the inside and answer some long awaited questions, but based off initial views i can almost promise none of us would be able to add SD card support from the j butterfly to the DNA. The reason i say this is because the J butterfly is about a mm or so longer in length than the DNA is, (i guess to support the infrared and sd card reader) but ya installing the sd card reader from the butterfly to dna would prove undoable since the back cover from J butterfly would not fit on the DNA.

Note: Verizon did a much better job detail wise on the DNA than the HTC J Butterfly is done but AU. The grill where ear speaker is, is not red like the DNA its just black and plain, the back HTC logo is not embossed and is only just printed small, gloss feel on the J butterfly is not bad, but i prefer the DNA's soft touch feel, and although the DNA looks thinner, it sits a little more raised on its back than the butterfly is. Ok here are some pics. I will do a video on it later.

DSC07420.jpg

DSC07421.jpg

DSC07422.jpg

DSC07423.jpg

DSC07424.jpg
    cant wait for your video comparison....

sorry i had linked it in another thread. here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPM98DPKY0U
    The differences look to be pretty slender.

This is what caught my eye...

Are there any online stores selling the Butterfly J (HTL21) unlocked that ship internationally and if so please post the link.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
    whats the actual thickness of the two phones.

It's actually interesting. The DNA's the "thickest" of the three. All the stats are from HTC websites.

DNA: 141 x 70.5 x 9.73 mm, 140g
    J-Butterfly: 143 x 71 x 9.2 mm, 140g
    Butterfly: 143 x 70.5 x 9.08 mm, 140g