[Q] Replacement power button circuit/cap? Help please.

Search This thread

sensei_777

Dec 19, 2010
Hi I bought a used AT&T HTC One X off craigslist and repaired the screen. During the installation somehow knocked off the connector that pushes down on the power button area, and the only way to turn it on is by touching something metal to it.. Is there anywhere u can get these tiny caps/circuits? (the small button that makes contact with the metal power button area) not the case button* I don't really want to have to replace the whole flex ribbon cable if not a must.. thanks so much in advanced!:fingers-crossed: (I think from searching around the web these are called *Dome Switches*

Last edited:

sensei_777

Dec 19, 2010
I'm guessing you couldn't find any to purchase? This sucks lol..have to take it apart to turn off or on..

Sent from my One X

18th.abn

Oct 27, 2011
South Carolina
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I've also fond a few scouring the work area, the small bit of orange adhesive is what is most noticeable......hands n knees man

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Worst case I'll mail you one, just pm me your mail address

Reactions: sensei_777

18th.abn

Oct 27, 2011
South Carolina
Google Pixel 8 Pro
They won't sell just the button cap but that's all he lost. They're used for volume rocker and power button.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361747999486.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361747999486.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 132

jabo7

Feb 9, 2010
Laredo Tx
Hi I bought a used AT&T HTC One X off craigslist and repaired the screen. During the installation somehow knocked off the connector that pushes down on the power button area, and the only way to turn it on is by touching something metal to it.. Is there anywhere u can get these tiny caps/circuits? (the small button that makes contact with the metal power button area) not the case button* I don't really want to have to replace the whole flex ribbon cable if not a must.. thanks so much in advanced!:fingers-crossed: (I think from searching around the web these are called *Dome Switches*

hi you can find it in a old damaged htc..in the hd2 you can find it ,i guess is the same..

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
They are all over ebay. Mine just popped off last night :( Seems like defect! I was able to use an exacto and a tiny piece of tape to place it and reinstall the unit in to the back and its working but I am afraid it will slip out one day and no good :(

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal

Did you also loose it? because if you just knocked it off, why not just put it back on? :p

sensei_777

Dec 19, 2010
RE: button caps

I've also fond a few scouring the work area, the small bit of orange adhesive is what is most noticeable......hands n knees man

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Hello, sorry I'm late getting back, I was on a trip to the philippines. Would you happen to have 3 of those caps?? I would gladly pay u for those and shipping if you have them.. I ordered a set of the flex cables...and of course they ended up being for the tegra 3 version and do not fit ($50) down the drain :/ Thanks for the reply.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your best bet is to buy a really messed up HOX for cheap and take the whatever you need from it.