[protest] where are gone developers for gt-i9505? [protest]

Search This thread

nplnpl

Jan 7, 2013
I open this thread because I think there is something wrong.
Why the note3, note2 etc. already 'there are rom final of galaxy s5, ma s4 we are still to zero? I can not understand why!
I hope that the moderators can understand the outburst of a user who has a passion for android.
I hope I have given a shock to everyone in the friendly way.
thanks for your attention.

oracle01642

Nov 10, 2012
XDA
I know what you are saying. There doesn't seem to be many devs and themers etc in the international S4 forums, and the few there is dont seem to be very helpful or active, especially in the themes and apps thread.

In all the time I have been coming here, I don't think I have seen a single 'recognised developer' or 'recognised themer' in any of the many threads, especially the S5 threads.

It's pretty shocking really, especially with the S4 being so popular. You would think it would have far more support than it does.

Reactions: wallah

nplnpl

Jan 7, 2013
I know what you are saying. There doesn't seem to be many devs and themers etc in the international S4 forums, and the few there is dont seem to be very helpful or active, especially in the themes and apps thread.

In all the time I have been coming here, I don't think I have seen a single 'recognised developer' or 'recognised themer' in any of the many threads, especially the S5 threads.

It's pretty shocking really, especially with the S4 being so popular. You would think it would have far more support than it does.
in fact! The galaxy s4 is one of the phones most 'popular, and you do not understand where are all the developers, maybe they are secretly at work but at least they could warn us so we are more' quiet ....
outputs are a few applications, and most also have bugs .... it's something a bit 'sad what's going on

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
It is sad but i have to agree the S4 is not getting attention of much developers, dont know why it is the most sold Android phone and still the Note 2 and 3 beat us for number of developers, they have ported all s5 apps and we are just struggling trying to do it by us with copying things here and there.

Dont know why so :(

m_beek

Dec 25, 2013
For Note 2, Sammy released a fully Libs/Framwork Base, so porting was verry easy,
For Note 3, Devs Mad great works, but still in progress
For us, We need to wait :)

tonni007

May 1, 2014
Yeah I agree with you guys note 3 got all s5 features even ultra power saving mode. All least they can port the rom ( ditto note 3 ) for us.

Reactions: nafis_t

Lympe

Sep 21, 2011
Something that Samsung should have provided to all flagshi pphones from day1...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

leeomendes

Jun 6, 2012
London
It would be nice if you all stop asking for this and that... No dev signed a contract saying he would provide all latest features to S4. Its not their job. So just wait until someone capable does that, if you can't wait sell your phone and buy the latest one as you want :) Thread reported.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

nplnpl

Jan 7, 2013
it's just a friendly protest!
it is useless to say you wait and sell the phone etc ... we all know how it works do not need him to tell you ... it was just kind of a question to understand why the developers for s4 (popular phone) are so 'absent ;)
It would be nice if you all stop asking for this and that... No dev signed a contract saying he would provide all latest features to S4. Its not their job. So just wait until someone capable does that, if you can't wait sell your phone and buy the latest one as you want :) Thread reported.

oracle01642

Nov 10, 2012
XDA

Yeah yeah yeah. The international S4 forums hardly gets any support from 'recognised' devs and themers etc, thats just the truth of the matter. You virtually never see recognised devs helping out in the apps and themes forum. With their knowledge and skills, they could get all or most of the latest and greatest apps from the S5 working on our phones, because everything that is needed to get them working, is right there in the ROM. It just needs someone knowledgable and with experience with android and TW ROM's to figure it out. I just wish the guys with the knowledge would help people out more!

mshazrul82

Oct 28, 2012
Why the note3, note2 etc. already 'there are rom final of galaxy s5, ma s4 we are still to zero? I can not understand why!
I hope that the moderators can understand the outburst of a user who has a passion for android.

Hahahhaha.

Bro let me tell u something

A lot of developer more likely to ported or focus on note due to certain reason

1st larger community starting from note 1.

2nd all dev are helping each other on rom

3rd note are more user friendly framework based on certain dev.

Just pray. So far follow more than one thread. S4, note 2 and note 3 development. And downloading 1xxx gb of rom files and apk of s5 to mod it with my s4.

So far i do excited. Even sometimes i have to flash and wipe my phone more than 5 times. Soft brick blalallalala

And do understand s9me of dev are studyin

Just relax and wait with patience hehhe

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1399341865131.jpg
    1399341865131.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 147

livystewy

May 24, 2012
@nplnpl isn't this a great opportunity you to step up to plate and become a recognized dev or themer

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Kdio

Nov 12, 2009
Campos dos Goytacazes
Hi Dudes.

From a theme perspective, there is not too much to do nowadays for the S4. Stable ROMs with few unnoticeable firmware update changes led to this. Since KK release, Sammy added only 1 lonely PNG !!!

While porting a theme to the Note3 community, S5 apps flooded the ROMs with doubtful results. Lots of FC's ... Music hardly opens.

So, may be we can just enjoy the stability and try to calm down our ORD.

Nice regards.

Reactions: bungadudu

killyouridols

Sep 15, 2009
Essex
To be honest the is probably a few reasons we are seeing less and less on these forums.

1. Many ROMs are ported to dozens of devices, meaning maintainers are needed to work across all phones. Likelihood is some models are more time consuming then others.

2. The s4 was a flagship device, devs don't earn a huge amount for what they do so for a lot the top end devices are out of the question until the price drops

3. In line with above, as the price comes down, the price of newer models released do too. For example, my wife's note 3 was released at the same price my s4 was worth 6 months after release.

4. In general, a fair amount of Developers come from the US, this device is null and void to them.

5. We seem to of hit a plateau regarding features and performance for the s4 where as newer devices have newer features to build on.

6. Its summer (nearly) and a lot will be studying for exams

Make of my views what you will...

bungadudu

Feb 8, 2012
While I do agree with the obvious.. all great devs have jumped ship, a thing I am truly sorry for, we have no right to protest. They don't owe us anything.

All they did, they did from passion and on this base they've created this wonderful community - xda which indeed grew along with Samsung and HTC a few years ago, period in which Samsung was the no 1 choice for any big dev.

They weren't payed for this, some didn't even got the respect they would've deserved and nowadays they have other priorities, other passions or other preferred device on which to try their magic. It's their decision, they probably have good reasons for this and we can just accept and respect their decision in respect for their great work.

Beside, the context has changed, now there are many potent OEMs, each really trying to do their best when it comes to fast updates, functionality of the sw and top notch hw.

_______ _______ _______ _______

Anyway, just wanted to get you guys a glimpse of hope.
Apparently @sac23 is ready to start working on a direct port of the s5 to the s4 (just after he irons out the last few things the on the s5 port to n3).
This beside all the great work @Albe95 , @Arsaw , @Tamerlan2009 , @m_beek , @Carotix , all roms maintainers etc. are doing!

Fun isn't over yet boys!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While I do agree with the obvious.. all great devs have jumped ship, a thing I am truly sorry for, we have no right to protest. They don't owe us anything.

All they did, they did from passion and on this base they've created this wonderful community - xda which indeed grew along with Samsung and HTC a few years ago, period in which Samsung was the no 1 choice for any big dev.

They weren't payed for this, some didn't even got the respect they would've deserved and nowadays they have other priorities, other passions or other preferred device on which to try their magic. It's their decision, they probably have good reasons for this and we can just accept and respect their decision in respect for their great work.

Beside, the context has changed, now there are many potent OEMs, each really trying to do their best when it comes to fast updates, functionality of the sw and top notch hw.

_______ _______ _______ _______

Anyway, just wanted to get you guys a glimpse of hope.
    Apparently @sac23 is ready to start working on a direct port of the s5 to the s4 (just after he irons out the last few things the on the s5 port to n3).
    This beside all the great work @Albe95 , @Arsaw , @Tamerlan2009 , @m_beek , @Carotix , all roms maintainers etc. are doing!

Fun isn't over yet boys!!!
    It is sad but i have to agree the S4 is not getting attention of much developers, dont know why it is the most sold Android phone and still the Note 2 and 3 beat us for number of developers, they have ported all s5 apps and we are just struggling trying to do it by us with copying things here and there.

Dont know why so :(

Yeah I agree with you guys note 3 got all s5 features even ultra power saving mode. All least they can port the rom ( ditto note 3 ) for us.