[NIGHTLY][ROM][GWK74] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Bravo (HTC Desire GSM)

Search This thread

AlxMAX

Sep 30, 2007
Bucharest
Yesterday, I have tried to install CyanogenMod 7 built by me from the latest sources (CyanogenMod r2 HBoot, no other customization except for the kernel recompiled by me to use ondemand governor by default). I could not get past the first screen (the one saying touch the android to continue!) of the setup wizard which is run the first time in order to create the profile. In logcat I get something like this:
Code:
W/SetupWizard(  926): Not continuing because we're waiting for GLS to finish clearing the old accounts
I've noticed another user, britoso, who had the same problem almost a year ago but for Nexus One and he hasn't got any solution.

broczkymary

May 3, 2007
I love this ROM, but unfortunately the gps does not work. I installed the latest version of the ROM with the patch agps.patch.google.build.v3.1.zip. Do you have any solution? Help me please!

addemod

Jul 10, 2012
Found a some bugs..

Here are some bugs I discovered on my phone, HBOOT 0.83.0001, S-ON, CyanogenMod 7, latest stable for bravo, htc desire.

• Wifi bug, I can't find the WiFi network. It works on other phones, without this flash. (Solving for me, below)
  • Can't create/login on my 'account', at 'accounts & sync', and I want Google Play, I tried to download a from the web, but no success. It needs a google account but it doesn't work when I click 'Sign in'.

NEW BUG:
  • When go into 'Dev Tools' and clicking 'Google Login Service' it crashes, The 'Dev Tools' app crashes.

[EDIT]
I found out what was the wifi problem for me, I had channel 13 on my phone, switched to channel 12, then it worked. Try that if you have the same bug. Thank me if I helped you.

[Edit2]
There is a solution if you want market and all those apps. If you have cm7.2.0.1 go here:
http://goo.im/gapps
Look for the one that says
gapps-gb-20110828-signed
Go in your recovery and install it as you do with a rom, if you have clockworkmod recovery, go in there and click install zip from SD and find that one, wait then reboot. Done.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is reserve for nightly build of CyanogenMod Rom for HTC Desire

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    ** These CyanogenMod builds are highly experimental and unsupported.
    ** Please refrain from submitting bug reports for any issues
    ** you may encounter while running one of these builds.
    ** Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
    ** cause of male impotence.

What are Nightly build? Auto compiled build of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported.
    If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Warning : Not for new user, flash this build only if you know what you are doing !!!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Desire (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery.
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

There are no Google Apps bundled with CM ROMs, because Google asked Cyanogen to remove copyrighted apps, after flashing rom don't forget to flash Google Addon package if you want it.

Latest version: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=bravo
    before flash is recommended to check the md5sum

CyanogenMod Enhancement:
    ChangeLog / Twitter
    Device specific ChangeLog by igor.tonky

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    cm7 is in a development stage and for the first installation i recommend to:

1) install rom
    2) reboot, skip setup wizard and setup your access point
    3) reboot recovery and install gapps
    4) start and follow setup wizard, when requested select desired gapps to be downloaded from market

Battery drain issue:
    Set wifi sleep policy to never
    settings -> wireless & networks -> wifi settings
    press menu -> advanced and set wifi sleep policy to Never
    press menu -> save

RIL issue:
    Switching RIL is cause of know network problem:
    * Unable to make a network scan
    * Data connection die on asleep (only for some carrier)

CM7 HBOOT by Alpharev | xda thread
    Change partition table size 130/5/302 (system/cache/size)
    Require nightly #18 or newer
    Upgrade instruction:
    1) Nandroid backup in recovery.
    2) Verify the MD5SUM of the file you downloaded against the one in the table.
    3) Flash HBOOT with your phone in fastboot mode (Back+POWER) -> 'fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-cm7.img'
    4) 'fastboot reboot-bootloader'
    5) 'fastboot erase cache'
    6) Boot recovery, wipe everything, advanced restore system & data, install CM7 again (same version or a newer one).

Legacy App2SD Addon:
    CyanogenMod do not officially support a2sd, i'm working on it because desire (not only) desperatly need it (cutted down Firerat script)
    Bootloop free: bind mount do not cause bootloop
    Zero Maintenance: no maintenance required after ROM update
    Other a2sd can be used, this is just the easiest way: use recovery to partition your SD then install cm7_legacy_a2sd_rX-signed.zip
    By default only App will be moved on SD
    Optionally Cache and Data can be moved to SD, but is not recommended (guide)
    Require GB Nightly #7 or newer
    It's recommended to set the install location to "Internal" under Settings -> CyanogenMod -> Application Settings -> Install location
    Before install check if /sd-ext is mounted, "quick system info" under A2SD Storage should report Total and Free space, if it report "information not available" format sd-ext from recovery.

r3: improved installation process (i hope)
    r2: added data2sd and cache2sd as options
    r1: first release

General App2SD Q&A:
    Q: A2SD is recommended?
    A: Internal storage perform better than SD, install A2SD only when low disk space warning happen

Q: How to check if is working?
    A: run:
    adb shell
    df -h | grep /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

output should be
    Code:
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p2    751.9M    146.9M    566.8M  21% /sd-ext
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p2    751.9M    146.9M    566.8M  21% /data/app
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p2    751.9M    146.9M    566.8M  21% /data/app-private
    Q: I have installed a2sd addon but now i get low space warning again, why?
    A: by default a2sd addon move only app, this is fine for most user but some user with more application have to move also cache and/or data.
    Cache2SD can be enabled with
    adb shell
    /sd-ext/userinit.d/10cache2sdext-binds enable

Data2SD
    adb shell
    /sd-ext/userinit.d/11data2sdext-binds enable

reboot when prompted

HBOOT
    All alpharev's hboot are compatible except the oxygen version
    CM7 version is recommended ~270MB for app (stock 110MB, N1 195MB)

HowTo
    Perform automatic backups of files in /system/ while (re-)flashing CyanogenMod

useful link
    http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

md5:
    18ef81c567398a93183aff65a41a1565 cm7_legacy_a2sd_r3-signed.zip
    130/5/302 hboot is available on alpharev site
    this hboot require nightly #18 or newer

this is the alpharev instruction, extended for user who already have cm7 and want to change partition layout without wipe (just slight changes on point 6):

1) Nandroid backup in recovery.
    2) Verify the MD5SUM of the file you downloaded against the one in the table.
    3) Flash HBOOT with your phone in fastboot mode (Back+POWER) -> 'fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl.img' (change into the correct filename for the HBOOT you downloaded)
    4) 'fastboot reboot-bootloader'
    5) 'fastboot erase cache'
    6) Boot recovery, wipe everything, advanced restore system & data, install CM7 again (same version or a newer).

Big thank's to ieftm & kmdm
    new semi-official nightly build
    (to replace the buildbot auto builds)

mirror1: cm_bravo_full_teamdesire-20110601-1925.zip size: 84M (88037737 bytes)
    mirror2: cm_bravo_full_teamdesire-20110601-1925.zip md5sum: 38591bab5df5d8f57e714f7888567bdb

have fun with this - lets hope official nightlies are soon back. after 2nd hdd crash in about 2 month, chris is doing durability tests with the new harddisks first - to make sure, they dont crash again in near future.

btw: if you refer to this later on, remember, those links are on first page, third post - much more easy to find than "search a few pages back" :)

btw2: you bravo guys do a LOT more downloads than i get on my ace and vega builds - thats why i included bravo in todays build cycle - even though i gotta hit a civ5 lan at friends :) time to go now...
    my dear old bravo friends, i miss you! unfortunately time doesn't allow to read this thread too often. so much happening here. see my current primary project in signature to get a clue what keeps me busy most :)

but since no nightlies for 3 days, i remembered you and myself some months back. and i remembered how this would have driven me insane.

get my nightly build here:
    cm_bravo_full_teamdesire-20110326-1142.zip md5sum: c38983df1fe50c1c511b18fd03b31d55

even though i got no bravo to test, i am pretty confident it should work as intended! just handle it like any other nightly you usually flash.

for the people that dont know me: i started my android career with a bravo device which i later sold and used the money to buy a (very cheap) ace/desire hd.
    i am a cm dev for a while and a member of teamdouche. so i usually know what i am doing. i only do those builds for ace and bravo in case there was no nightly and i got the time to build/upload one.
    the reasoning is simple: i was nightly addicted, too. and it sucks to have no build in the morning. especially for multiple days.