[hltespr][hlte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
@Phil3759, we have some early results. Our n-size is low, so I would recommend using this only on a directional basis.

At the moment, it looks like your recovery tool is 10x f'n greater than just f'n great. Again, these are preliminary, but they look quite good.

Others using this tool, please take the survey, as I wish to provide this awesome dev that for which he impatiently awaits, so we need a higher sample size.

Remember, we wish to magnitude of f'ng in relation to awesomeness.

[As previously noted, please refrain from negative comments about tools that others have worked hard to provide this community.]

I appreciate your words
However, I think starting comparison between recoveries in a dev thread is not a good idea and not allowed. It should go in General section.
Each recovery has its up and downs. Some are better for specific devices, others for specific roms/needs, some are faster for specific hardware, others slower... A comparison should include those elements not some subjective statements that depend on user tastes.

Also, I prefer that people report bugs, provide logs on issues, missing features...
You can also report about a working feature you tested if you think it is important and interesting (nandroid under specific roms...)

Take a look at this example:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49102572&postcount=2910

That's something useful for users and the dev

I ask ALL to stop comparing and report their tastes

Keep it a dev thread

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I appreciate your words
However, I think starting comparison between recoveries in a dev thread is not a good idea and not allowed. It should go in General section.
Each recovery has its up and downs. Some are better for specific devices, others for specific roms/needs, some are faster for specific hardware, others slower... A comparison should include those elements not some subjective statements that depend on user tastes.

Also, I prefer that people report bugs, provide logs on issues, missing features...
You can also report about a working feature you tested if you think it is important and interesting (nandroid under specific roms...)

Keep it a dev thread

No problem. It was all in good fun. I'll edit my previous posts accordingly.

Thanks for the input!
@Phil3759, I think I got the one that had some negative info. Let me know and I'll update accordingly.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:

CollinsB

Aug 13, 2012
West Roxbury
That is the device's code name (device's board name). Every device has one, the Note 3 is the general name for our device. But as there are multiple variants of the note 3 (Verizon, at&t, developer editions, etc...) and most other devices, this "code name" is a more precise means of identifying which actual device it is.

Noted to self thrice via tapatalk

Aha! thats good to know thanks! You learn something new every day here on XDA!
(do I get a prize for coming up with XDA's new slogan ;) )

Reactions: micmars

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Pardon my simplistic question but I will ask it anyway:

Is there any FUNCTIONAL difference between using this recovery and TWRP? I'm usually of the mindset that if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Just want to know if there are any features that this has that may entice a content TWRP user.

Also, is it safe to say that backups made using TWRP cannot be used by Phil's and vice versa

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: micmars and mhutton

FLBoy1991

Jun 8, 2012
west palm beach
Pardon my simplistic question but I will ask it anyway:

Is there any FUNCTIONAL difference between using this recovery and TWRP? I'm usually of the mindset that if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Just want to know if there are any features that this has that may entice a content TWRP user.

Also, is it safe to say that backups made using TWRP cannot be used by Phil's and vice versa

I'd like to know this also... Because I like both

Reactions: micmars and mhutton

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
I have a question:
If you use the jfltexx version, all is fine (except flashing some files giving device assert error obviously)?
Also, do you need an updated recovery to Kitkat new bootloader or you do not have a stock kitkat samsung rom yet?

Reactions: LMMT

LMMT

Apr 23, 2009
Houston area

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Last edited:

pitcherj

May 9, 2011
Hey Phil,

Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work on this!

It really shows!

Started on a recovery that ended up making all NANDroid backups have a date at the beginning of the unix epoch - so glad that your recovery supports talking to the Qualcomm chipset for time sync!

pitcherj

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
It does??

I've been trying to convince a twrp guy to add at least some kind of hack similar to openrecoveryscript, or a slight enhancement to open recovery script, so I can insert my own script that twrp will run. Open recovery script is no good for this because it's a single static file name that too many other things overwrite. On top of that the date command does not actually work on twrp 2.6.3.7 for setting the system time. Forget writing rtc that is blocked in kernel code for apoarently good reason, I mean it can't even set the regular transient system time. If the date command worked, and if I could get a script of my own executed, I had several simple ideas for setting the system time to at least the shutdown time. That would be good enough for backup and log filenames. But this would be great!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Galaxy Note 3 LTE Sprint
    Now: one common recovery for all: hlte
    http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition

The below specific variants are no more updated, use hlte common variant
    - hltetspr

For older bootloader, use versions before 6.12.9

fixes the mount usb storage + many other fixes
    download from unified device folder: hlte

Only for new bootloaders though
    @Phil3759, we have some early results. Our n-size is low, so I would recommend using this only on a directional basis.

At the moment, it looks like your recovery tool is 10x f'n greater than just f'n great. Again, these are preliminary, but they look quite good.

Others using this tool, please take the survey, as I wish to provide this awesome dev that for which he impatiently awaits, so we need a higher sample size.

Remember, we wish to magnitude of f'ng in relation to awesomeness.

[As previously noted, please refrain from negative comments about tools that others have worked hard to provide this community.]

I appreciate your words

Keep it a dev thread
    1. Have you used other recoveries for this device?
    Answer-Y/N
    [If Yes, go to Q2, if No, go to Q3]
    2. Compared with other recoveries you have used, using a scale of 1-10, where 1=somewhat f'n great, and 10=completely f'n awesome, how f'n great is this recovery?
    Answer-__
    3. Using a scale of 1-10, where 1=somewhat f'n great, and 10=completely f'n awesome, how f'n great is this recovery?
    Answer-__

Thank you for your time!

I came from twrp. The first twrp was garbage, the 2.3.6.7 fixed alot but still not that great imho. this I give a 10. And also on a side note i flash phones on the side for money, and probably do about 10 - 15 phones a week and everyone wants the same thing kit kat, and if you are flashing cm or kit kat roms philz recovery is a must bottom line. this really is an incredible recovery guys I cant say enough really.
    I haven't seen any references to Knox. Does this trip the Knox counter like TWRP does? I am stock rooted but have been waiting for a Knox-proof recovery before installing one.

Any recovery for our devices trips Knox. I couldn't imagine this being any different.