Note 3 Battery Drain ( sloution worked for me )

Search This thread

anthon

Apr 11, 2008
This is how I have set my phone. I get around 6 hours of screen on in 24 hours of use. Auto brightness is On

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389086568554.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389086568554.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 897

Hacmemet

May 23, 2010
Turn it all off. Simpel as it is..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
battery saving tips

Here's a few good tips that have worked for me:

set email to push and not fetch every whatever.

Under google settings/location- disable location services and do the same under Settings/connections/location services.

Turn off auto update apps under play store settings.

Wifi/advanced settings(press menu key)- keep wifi on during sleep set to always, and make sure scanning always available is unchecked.

If your rooted download greenify, Xprivacy* and wake lock detector. Use xprivacy as a firewall and block internet and location access to apps that dont need it. And use wakelock detector and greenify to stop apps from preventing the phone from going into deep sleep.
Couple of obvious ones:
set the screen off time to something under 5 mins 1-2 mins is best and does work surprisingly well.
Reduce the amount of widgets on the homescreens.
If these didnt help sometimes just a restart does wonders.

Atm im using smart launcher pro, but havent noticed a huge bump in battery over touchwiz, im averaging 9 hr screen on. Thats with the screen always below half(only up it for outdoors, movies or pictures). Heres some screens.

*App Ops Starter- non root alternative to Xprivacy

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-17-14-34-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-17-14-34-41.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 767
  • Screenshot_2013-12-17-14-34-50.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-17-14-34-50.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:

SAMERKAD

Nov 4, 2013
Montreal

Under google settings/location- disable location services and do the same under Settings/connections/location services.

Wifi/advanced settings(press menu key)- keep wifi on during sleep set to always, and make sure scanning always available is unchecked.

If your rooted download greenify, Xprivacy* and wake lock detector. Use xprivacy as a firewall and block internet and location access to apps that dont need it. And use wakelock detector and greenify to stop apps from preventing the phone from going into deep sleep.
Couple of obvious ones:
set the screen off time to something under 5 mins 1-2 mins is best and does work surprisingly well.

Atm im using smart launcher pro, but havent noticed a huge bump in battery over touchwiz, im averaging 9 hr screen on. Thats with the screen always below half(only up it for outdoors, movies or pictures). Heres some screens.

how do you manage 10 hours of screen time? how many percent per hour you lose ?

Reactions: denski101

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
how do you manage 10 hours of screen time? how many percent per hour you lose ?
Dude you could of worked it out from the screenshots lol. 10% an hour*.

Download battery drain analyser from the play store get the pro version. It'll tell you what apps are using the most battery and it will give you a discharge rate every 1%. Once identified what is chewin up your battery then either uninstall it, freeze it or block certain permissions with xprivacy(Root) or App Ops Starter to the said app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.msd.battery.indicator
* my discharge rate obviously changes depending on what I'm doing. E.g I've been streaming music for most of the day and this charge ill get about 6 1/2 hours screen on time.

edit
under Xprivacy theres an option to check usage data and this will give you real time feedback of what permissions are being granted in the background. You can then tap the process and block it(or spoof it- not 100% what xprivacy does with permissions). I credit my battery life to this and the fact that I mostly use Wi-Fi and always keep the screen brightness quite low.

Is your phone rooted?

Last edited:

SAMERKAD

Nov 4, 2013
Montreal
Dude you could of worked it out from the screenshots lol. 10% an hour*.

Download battery drain analyser from the play store get the pro version. It'll tell you what apps are using the most battery and it will give you a discharge rate every 1%. Once identified what is chewin up your battery then either uninstall it, freeze it or block certain permissions with xprivacy(Root) or App Ops Starter to the said app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.msd.battery.indicator
* my discharge rate obviously changes depending on what I'm doing. E.g I've been streaming music for most of the day and this charge ill get about 6 1/2 hours screen on time.

edit
under Xprivacy theres an option to check usage data and this will give you real time feedback of what permissions are being granted in the background. You can then tap the process and block it(or spoof it- not 100% what xprivacy does with permissions). I credit my battery life to this and the fact that I mostly use Wi-Fi and always keep the screen brightness quite low.

Is your phone rooted?

i meant how many percent you loose per hour while screen is on.. i loose 8 percent per 1 hour screen on for for using Facebook for instant... so i am thinking if 10 hours of screen time gets your battery down to 20 how could it last 1 day??

thanks ill try that app. i already have Xprivacy... ill check that option... yes my Note 3 rooted.. recently installed Xnote Rom.

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
i meant how many percent you loose per hour while screen is on.. i loose 8 percent per 1 hour screen on for for using Facebook for instant... so i am thinking if 10 hours of screen time gets your battery down to 20 how could it last 1 day??

thanks ill try that app. i already have Xprivacy... ill check that option... yes my Note 3 rooted.. recently installed Xnote Rom.

By the sounds of it you've got your battery under control. 8 % per hour is excellent! Nothing to complain about there.

So your screen on time is good but you want better standby time? You could have some wakelocks from your IM or social apps.

Post some screenshots of your next battery(normal usage, no need to impress), dont forget "history details" the graph of your battery life with the bars on the bottom with mobile data, wifi, awake and charging.

Heres my excellent battery life whilst gaming. Lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389523137260.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389523137260.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 498
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389523167964.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389523167964.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 447
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389523195368.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389523195368.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 428
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389523223268.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389523223268.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 431

SAMERKAD

Nov 4, 2013
Montreal
By the sounds of it you've got your battery under control. 8 % per hour is excellent! Nothing to complain about there.

So your screen on time is good but you want better standby time? You could have some wakelocks from your IM or social apps.

Post some screenshots of your next battery(normal usage, no need to impress), dont forget "history details" the graph of your battery life with the bars on the bottom with mobile data, wifi, awake and charging.

Heres my excellent battery life whilst gaming. Lol

sill 8% per hour screen time wont be enough to give full day battery usage right?
my stand by percentage is 1 % per hour , is that ok ? or it could be better, some guys have a rate of 0.25% per hour stand by ...

check out this guy 2 days and 5 hours. with screen time of 7 hours 52mnts ( is that possible? ) or he is bluffing..... lool
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1175366_349800688492792_236746160_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1017655_349802645159263_973387385_n.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-12-14-28-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-12-14-28-58.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Screenshot_2014-01-12-14-29-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-12-14-29-10.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 345
  • Screenshot_2014-01-12-14-34-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-12-14-34-36.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 345

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
sill 8% per hour screen time wont be enough to give full day battery usage right?
my stand by percentage is 1 % per hour , is that ok ? or it could be better, some guys have a rate of 0.25% per hour stand by ...

check out this guy 2 days and 5 hours. with screen time of 7 hours 52mnts ( is that possible? ) or he is bluffing..... lool
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1175366_349800688492792_236746160_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1017655_349802645159263_973387385_n.jpg
Going by your screenshots your usage is 14.3% /hr screen on = 7 hours total. That's not bad considering your bad phone reception. A full days battery(I'm assuming you meant to get you through the day and not a full 24hours screen on :] )to me is 8 hours screen on or 12.5% /hr. So going by your stats I would try squeeze out one more hour. Couple things I noticed was that:

Your wifi is going on and off a lot and sometimes is turning on when the screen is off. Is that because either your moving out of an environment without wifi access, or are you turning it on and off again? Or, is the wifi set to sleep when the screen is off?(check that “scanning always available” set to off in WIFI advanced settings.)
There's quite a few things going on in the top left hand of the status bar. I recognise only two icons, battery drain analyser and juice defender. Try force closing those apps when your finished with them, even juice defender.

Another question, do you use mobile data a lot? And did you use mobile data this charge to do any music or video streaming? (youtube etc).

As far as those other screenshots, I definitely think its possible and I'm going to try and replicate it. But if you look at the graph, the guy charged his phone twice, so yeah he was bluffing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

SAMERKAD

Nov 4, 2013
Montreal
Going by your screenshots your usage is 14.3% /hr screen on = 7 hours total. That's not bad considering your bad phone reception. A full days battery(I'm assuming you meant to get you through the day and not a full 24hours screen on :] ) but 14.3% is considered a lot no? i meant 24 hours.

to me is 8 hours screen on or 12.5% /hr. So going by your stats I would try squeeze out one more hour. Couple things I noticed was that:

Your wifi is going on and off a lot and sometimes is turning on when the screen is off. Is that because either your moving out of an environment without wifi access, or are you turning it on and off again? Or, is the wifi set to sleep when the screen is off?

its juice defender setting when the screen is off shuts all connection and reconnect automatically every 10 mnts.... ( is this consuming more juice?

(check that “scanning always available” set to off in WIFI advanced settings.) yes its OFF

There's quite a few things going on in the top left hand of the status bar. I recognise only two icons, battery drain analyser and juice defender. Try force closing those apps when your finished with them, even juice defender. the other ones are BBM and screen Gravity icon.. ill check that

Another question, do you use mobile data a lot? no And did you use mobile data this charge to do any music or video streaming? (youtube etc). nope rarely

As far as those other screenshots, I definitely think its possible and I'm going to try and replicate it. But if you look at the graph, the guy charged his phone twice, so yeah he was bluffing. thought So...

Thanks for your Info...

but 14.3% is considered a lot no?i meant 24 hours.

its juice defender setting when the screen is off shuts all connection and reconnect automatically every 10 mnts.... ( is this consuming more juice?

the other ones are BBM and screen Gravity icon.. ill check that..

i don't use mobile data a lot and rarely use it for streaming.

thanks for the info.

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
but 14.3% is considered a lot no?i meant 24 hours.
It's all relative to what your doin. If your playing gta then thats out of this world, but if phones sitting there doing nothing then thats terrible.

I cant say for certain but I think it would and if it were me I'd stop juice defender from doing that. But its best you make your own judgements, try it and if it doesnt work change it back.

This is the ultimate solution: http://www.mugenbattery.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/
Even with this I dont think you'll reach your ambitious target of 24 hours screen on.

Last edited:

SAMERKAD

Nov 4, 2013
Montreal
It's all relative to what your doin. If your playing gta then thats out of this world, but if phones sitting there doing nothing then thats terrible.

I cant say for certain but I think it would and if it were me I'd stop juice defender from doing that. But its best you make your own judgements, try it and if it doesnt work change it back.

This is the ultimate solution: http://www.mugenbattery.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/
Even with this I dont think you'll reach your ambitious target of 24 hours screen on.

see that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PbLhTgwftM&feature=player_detailpage

riccardoPolaris

Oct 3, 2011
thanks to alegu for his great job! I (MavattelaapiànderculoteEalegu)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Extended181

May 5, 2013
Germany
My Battery is just horrible..when my battery get under 30% the battery drains so fast that you can look the % going down

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-17-00-18-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-17-00-18-21.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot_2014-01-17-00-18-34.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-17-00-18-34.png
    150 KB · Views: 167

marcusmt

Feb 25, 2012
cuiaba
for me 7 hrs screentime with all features on sync on 3g all time great deep sleep gmail whats app facebook(greenify)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    battery saving tips

Couple of obvious ones:

amazing battery performance after dong the following...
    1- turn off smart stay
    2- turn off smart pause
    3- turn off smart scroll
    4- turn off smart air gesture
    5- turn off Air View
    6-turn off NFC
    7- turn off Sbeam

if you don't use them make sure they are off.
    only turn them on when needed.

running rooted note 3 Official ROM.

Peace
    I keep all of the above on aswell as Bluetooth and manage the following

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Shall I also turn off my handset?

Shall I also turn off my handset?

I know right, turning off the features of the actual phone seems a tad foolish to me.