[ROM] HTC Droid Incredible Stock ROMs w/malware patch(NOV OTA) (UPDATED 3/14/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dbow32

Dec 13, 2010
I'm so glad you posted this. I am going to upgrade and this is exactly what I needed.
Thanks

m411b

Jan 13, 2011
www.avoa.us
I don't understand why this hasn't been made a sticky yet! This is great for everyone, and everyone will need it at one time or another. I know I've used it several times.

Sticky this thread, sticky this thread, sticky this thread!!!

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
I don't understand why this hasn't been made a sticky yet! This is great for everyone, and everyone will need it at one time or another. I know I've used it several times.

It's linked in the Incredible Roms sticky. Stickying this thread would be a bit redundant :)

Just keep a backup copy, and then come here after the OTA (Gingerbread) hits for the updated versions. I'll have them uploaded after they land as quickly as possible.

Reactions: m411b

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
FYI, the "patch" against malware that is included with the two stock ROMs provided is still relevant. The new batch of malware caught today is based on the same DroidDream attack from March.

Mar 17, 2011
I installed using option 1 and now my phone just keeps rebooting on the HTC Incredible Screen. I pulled the battery out and pressed the power and volume down buttons, tried pressing recovery and factory reset to see if anything would happen but i get a phone with a triangle and ! on it. Any ideas?

nyterage

Feb 7, 2010
Somewhere
I installed using option 1 and now my phone just keeps rebooting on the HTC Incredible Screen. I pulled the battery out and pressed the power and volume down buttons, tried pressing recovery and factory reset to see if anything would happen but i get a phone with a triangle and ! on it. Any ideas?

try again. doing factory reset in recovery will only delete all your data, it will not restore your phone to stock.

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010

NOTE: with the phone off, fully charge your battery before doing the following.

Remove the SD card from the phone and hook it up to your PC. Borrow a card reader from someone if you must. Follow the directions in option 2 by placing the file on the SD card and renaming it as directed. Place the SD card back into the phone and hold the volume DOWN and power buttons at the same time until you get into the HBOOT menu. Do absolutely nothing, just let it run. After a minute or two, it will ask you if you want to update. Select yes (volume rocker changes your choice, power button accepts your choice), put the phone down, and leave it alone for 15-20 minutes.

At this point, you'll have the stock ROM, but I don't know if you will have S-ON or S-OFF. That depends on how well you followed the directions prior to the RUU w/HTC Sync.

ls1norcal

Aug 29, 2009
NOTE: with the phone off, fully charge your battery before doing the following.

Remove the SD card from the phone and hook it up to your PC. Borrow a card reader from someone if you must. Follow the directions in option 2 by placing the file on the SD card and renaming it as directed. Place the SD card back into the phone and hold the volume DOWN and power buttons at the same time until you get into the HBOOT menu. Do absolutely nothing, just let it run. After a minute or two, it will ask you if you want to update. Select yes (volume rocker changes your choice, power button accepts your choice), put the phone down, and leave it alone for 15-20 minutes.

At this point, you'll have the stock ROM, but I don't know if you will have S-ON or S-OFF. That depends on how well you followed the directions prior to the RUU w/HTC Sync.

What are you supposed to rename the image to? I dont see it in original post.

NVM, found it a few posts up.

Last edited:

KKellett

Oct 29, 2009
Downloaded from dougpiston twice and it's not working. Says file corupted. Anyone else have a mirror or link for the pm31img?
Thanks

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
Downloaded from dougpiston twice and it's not working. Says file corupted. Anyone else have a mirror or link for the pm31img?
Thanks

It's zipped in a weird way. You need 7-zip to open it. However, HBOOT opens it just find. Simply rename it as indicated, put it on your SD card, and run it as the directions state.

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
Just wanted to post an update here with my intentions regarding this thread;

Until the official OTA hits, and a root/s-off method is confirmed, I will not be posting the 2.3 OTA here for reverting. Reverting back to stock has some uses even for regular root users. Going to an unrootable OTA would take that benefit away.

So, if you want the 2.3 OTA after it hits, the way to revert to that is as follows;

1. follow the directions in the first post of this thread
2. wait for your reverted phone to download the 2.3 OTA

Again, after the official OTA lands, and someone finds a way to root/s-off it (maybe Unrevoked), I'll update the revert process for 2.3.

jayram1408

Mar 25, 2012
Denver
Bad Link

When attempting to download first I am redirected to a "Final Torrent" downloader program. I reluctantly download this program I do not want. I will just uninstall it after I download the desired file right? WRONG. You are just redirected to a Hollywood political sign up sheet, not the file I was attempting to download. I do not believe the person who posted this blog was responsible for this, how ever it is what it is. I am forced to download junk software then denied the file I wanted. Can you fix this. I wish more people on XDA would use a Torrent website to store files. As these only require A torrent downloader which is tried, tested and proven. Does not require some bloat filled crap program that is not very useful. Then the files would more readily available and download a lot faster. Without the bloatware and monitored by the torrent web service file storage company. USE TORRENTS people. Saves a lot of hassle. Thanks.:mad:

Reactions: tbwong

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
When attempting to download first I am redirected to a "Final Torrent" downloader program. I reluctantly download this program I do not want. I will just uninstall it after I download the desired file right? WRONG. You are just redirected to a Hollywood political sign up sheet, not the file I was attempting to download. I do not believe the person who posted this blog was responsible for this, how ever it is what it is. I am forced to download junk software then denied the file I wanted. Can you fix this. I wish more people on XDA would use a Torrent website to store files. As these only require A torrent downloader which is tried, tested and proven. Does not require some bloat filled crap program that is not very useful. Then the files would more readily available and download a lot faster. Without the bloatware and monitored by the torrent web service file storage company. USE TORRENTS people. Saves a lot of hassle. Thanks.:mad:

This was an old dead thread. Content has been superseded and the links were over 18 months old. It used to be Megaupload (hence the new referrals). I've removed the links and original content, and will request a moderator close this thread.

Reactions: Pons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original content was outdated. Many ROMS have superseded this, and there have been several official releases since. Removing links and content to prevent further confusion.
    D
    Deleted member 2776902
    Welcome to XDA! I'll be looking out for your rom, gotta try em all :)

I'd thank you, but the XDA app doesn't do that yet.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    Thank god

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    That could very well be .. I stopped using Virtuous before then as he had gone crazy adding stuff to the rom. I took his Oct. release and, much like you, I put it in the HTC kitchen and made it like I want. I still run it today .. still going strong.

I did not mean to take anything from what you have done/are doing .. i was just trying to correct that one statement.

I'm not quite sure that the October leak and the November OTA are exactly the same, but there's an easy enough test for that. Open up your music player and have it start playing. Then, open up navigation and try to get directions. If Music quiets down for nav, but then fails to resume, then the October leak doesn't contain the app fixes. If it does work properly (music resumes after nav speaks), then RMK screwed something up when he copied the apps over.

If it turns out that the OCT/NOV releases are the same, then the only advantage to my uploaded version is the use of edify script to allow for CW3 support. Otherwise, they're the same.

Still linked to multiupload. Still not down loading. Option 2 still yes not fixed in op
    I'm not understanding you. If you mean the option 2 for reverting to stock, then it was updated. I'll even copy paste the link here;

http://dougpiston.com/files/RUU/bui...and-2.15.00.07.28-hboot-0.92.0000_PB31IMG.zip

If the links aren't updated for you on the first post, try refreshing your browser. I've just checked, and the only files still tied to multiupload from the OP are two ROMs I uploaded.

It's linked in the Incredible Roms sticky. Stickying this thread would be a bit redundant :)

Just keep a backup copy, and then come here after the OTA (Gingerbread) hits for the updated versions. I'll have them uploaded after they land as quickly as possible.