Let's see how many of us has the p605

Search This thread

atlan0815

Jul 2, 2014
I have it for about three weeks and love it so far. Will love it even more with usable Cyanogenmod on it :fingers-crossed:

harris.graham

Aug 3, 2014
P605 and still struggling to get a Permissive kernel

P605 Hong Kong version, Kitkat, baseband P605ZSUCNE1/ build P605ZSUCNF1

Rooted by Towelroot, with SuperSU.

I need linux, and installed Debian through LinuxDeploy. Stuffed by SEandroid being in Enforcing mode- I can install linux, but within that Linux I can't get root so I can't install packages.

Any clue gratefully accepted!

Graham

dmunjal

Dec 2, 2006
Rooted, unlocked, p607t here (same as 605). Stock ROM but looking into CM11 when L is available. KitKat TW working well for me so far.

freaksamael

Apr 16, 2008
Bucharest
P605 Hong Kong version, Kitkat, baseband P605ZSUCNE1/ build P605ZSUCNF1

Rooted by Towelroot, with SuperSU.

I need linux, and installed Debian through LinuxDeploy. Stuffed by SEandroid being in Enforcing mode- I can install linux, but within that Linux I can't get root so I can't install packages.

Any clue gratefully accepted!

Graham

Use selinux permissive stock kernel.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2790917

But...will trigger Knox, so no warranty.

parcou

Jun 7, 2008
TN
+1 for the US Verizon P605 LTE. Anyone came with 4.4.2 tell me in pm how to get a custom recovery if possible? I am rooted been told twrp not possible.

Sent from mobile...excuse typos!

dwny

May 25, 2006
CLT / BKLYN
+1
1 week old
Completely stock and want to stay that way

Its, really, really hard tho.....
All I want is Sony Sketch fonts but "permissions" and not being able to install from "unknown sources" is getting in my way. :(

Sent from my TMo Galaxy Note LTE 10.1_2014

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For all those who have the p605 I suggest that we all come forward and see how many we are. IF there are plenty of us, we can join our forces to get more development in ROMs and kernels and whatever else there might be. I am following the thread on hyperdrive Rom where the p600 owners have almost reached the amount they needed to get a tablet to the developer, and I only show one of the p605 owners post something.

So I am one.
    Thank you very much.. :sly::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Ok, so here we are :

SM-P605 Kernel CNF2 : https://mega.co.nz/#!jxhXgIpZ!_nB7Ujdy1KEPL5kUpDVYN4ZeFThCPvREWeqMyLMxa78

SM-P605 Kernel CNJ1 : https://mega.co.nz/#!ex5RHYaR!vs_qrmu7ATcI4jRg4IcQ0n4KcVhoz10MZ6NXCKJl4dg

Unzip each file in a separate directory as the file inside the zip have the same name , don't mix them !!
    Files are ready for Odin.
    I too own the SM-P605, or as I like to call it, "the forgotten tablet".
    It's still the greatest. I had had the SM-P600, but had it accidentally destroyed. I bought the SM-P605 just a month ago, and if you just keep your memory and caches reasonably clean this is still one of the fastest tablets on the market. Also, if you transfer your programs and most of your data over to a reasonably large Sdcard (i use a128 gig card) this leaves your main memory free to do large computational tasks. Further, if you know how to use the S Pen properly you can have as many as 7 different Windows on screen at once running concurrently(though I don't recommend this since it just clutters the screen). Besides which, the S Pen is nothing sorry of amazing. No, I honestly don't know another tablet on the market that has the capabilities of the SM-P605, even down to connectivity issues. For crying out loud,I don't even need to look for a secure Wi-Fi tower anymore. T-Mobile offers a tablet plan that is pretty good for 35.00 a month. Just need to unlock your tablet.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Got mine a few months ago and love it is a big step up from Motorola xoom!
    Yep! The Xoom was very good rooted using Omnirom or Cyanogen mod Roms till the release of Android 5.0. Now, it's slow and so very inadequate compared to the SM-P600, or, more importantly, the SM-P605. Have you found a reasonably easy way to root the SM-P605 where you don't lose any of it's capabilities?

Rob