LOCKED BL: Protest Thread. ☆☆PETITION is live!!!☆☆

Search This thread

moehagene

Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville
Original Atrix users had to wait forever for an unlock. It will happened. Keep the pressure up

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bosnazmaj

Feb 24, 2011
World
Damn those that ***** about the phone need to get a life. If u don't like how the phone is, shut up and return it. No sense to post 20 million times about how u gonna return it. Nobody here gives a **** what u gonna do.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

belyle

Aug 9, 2010
Kent, WA
Damn those that ***** about the phone need to get a life. If u don't like how the phone is, shut up and return it. No sense to post 20 million times about how u gonna return it. Nobody here gives a **** what u gonna do.

Damn those that ***** about people *****ing about the people *****ing about the phone need to get a life. If u don't like how the forums are, shut up and gtfo. No sense to post 20 million times about how u don't like the posts. Nobody here gives a **** what u gonna do.

FTFY

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Hey all,
I just got a survey in my email from AT&T asking about my One X. I'm assuming that some of you did and/or will soon. Make sure you do the survey! It takes a few minutes, but there are several questions that you can say why you're dissatisfied with the device and how they can fix it (unlock the bootloader).

austin4913

Mar 30, 2012
College Station, TX

Amen! This forum is for the advancement of the One X...if you don't like the device then go back to your prepaid go phone and continue with your job of asking people if they want their fries supersized...I get on this forum, which is great for most part, and encounter oxygen thieves that should be neutered like a pet so they don't contaminate the rest of the world...the rhetoric of crybabies gets old...get over it...

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

May 9, 2012
well i just got off the phone with someone from AT&T. she claims that the problem is on HTC's side, that if HTC tells them how to unlock it they will do so. I told her that's not what i've been reading and she just said it again. so i don't know. i like the phone enough to keep it anyway now, but i was looking forward to really customizing it fully.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I will say this only once. The name calling and flaming stops. XDA doesn't condone spamming anyone. So take this as a warning OP.

As for ATT laying the blame on HTC. That is not the case. ATT wanted it locked. Or the Dev tools would work. It was to stem the flow of returns due to people messing up their phones by messing with things they had no understanding about. Can't really blame them. Maybe a good compromise would be if users who choose to unlock the boot loader gave up all rights to a warranty. So you could not return it to ATT. Would you be in a rush then for it to be unlocked? This is where things are gonna lead

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
Lol sorry poket post

Sent from my Rooted Hox

I've been pocket dialing and pocket texting a lot more frequently with this phone. never happened with my other android devices....Wonder whats up with that???

Back OT. Is everyone still stopping by the ATT facebook page and leaving your thoughts? We shouldnt give up on that..We need to keep them on their toes!!

Last edited:

davep1982

May 21, 2012
Signed. Love this phone, will love it even more once the BL gets unlocked and modders put their stamp on it.

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon
As for ATT laying the blame on HTC. That is not the case. ATT wanted it locked. Or the Dev tools would work. It was to stem the flow of returns due to people messing up their phones by messing with things they had no understanding about. Can't really blame them. Maybe a good compromise would be if users who choose to unlock the boot loader gave up all rights to a warranty. So you could not return it to ATT. Would you be in a rush then for it to be unlocked? This is where things are gonna lead

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

From what I understand, that is part of the HTCdev unlock process - forfeiting your warranty.

I don't understand how it's any different than allowing the Vivid bootloader to be unlocked. Same manufacturer, same carrier, different phone. But AT&T just said "NO" to HTC for unlocking it.

Also I won't escalate the BBB complaint until May 27th. That will be just a day before the case closes, and 17 days after the customer appeals manager first emailed me. So this would also mean 17 days of no further information. The only promises made by that manager was to "keep my posted" which has been of absolutely no use considering that there have been no updates.

louis.b

Feb 17, 2012
Sydney

Agree. If you dont like it just return and move on w your life. Why keep it just to feel bitter about it? Some are even worse: return it and come back to the forum to bash it. Some people surely have too much time.

Complain is great when you address the issues and then find solutions to them. But complain just for the sake of bashing and trolling is just pathetic.

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
Agree. If you dont like it just return and move on w your life. Why keep it just to feel bitter about it? Some are even worse: return it and come back to the forum to bash it. Some people surely have too much time.

Complain is great when you address the issues and then find solutions to them. But complain just for the sake of bashing and trolling is just pathetic.

BOOTLOADER unlocked.. Lets keep it up for an official unlock also. They will surely fix this exploit soon..

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA
Agreed. We should keep pressure on AT&T for an official unlock this way also future phones wont be treated the same way.

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Mr. Bell,

I have been provided with AT&T's official statement on the HTC One X Bootloader issue.

*To ensure a safe and consistent experience for our wireless customers, AT&T does not support unlocked bootloaders.
*Moving forward, this is AT&T's policy. We cannot guarantee the security of a custom ROM(s).

This is AT&T's formal position on the matter of the HTC One X Bootloader and Bootloaders in general.

Thank you,

Cynthia Markey | Customer Appeals Manager, Executive Response | AT&T Business Solutions | Office: 952-346-5888 | Wireless: 952-956-2145 | Fax: 952-703-2307

E

E.Cadro

I pointed out this thread to those that were talking in the root think tank thread about protesting to get root. I wasn't looking for them to bring it back to life as much as pointing out that it has been tried already and the contact info and links in the first post is still worthwhile to those that wish to continue the endeavour.

Sent from my Nocturnalized One XL using Forum Runner

TonyBoes

Sep 3, 2012
It would probably be about as effective as throwing mud against a brick wall. A few disgruntled emails isn't that much of a headache for these guys.

Top Liked Posts