[ROM] 08/19/10 | Franken v1.1 +Goodies

Search This thread

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Could you please specify in the OP which version of A2SD you're using, and if DarchKernel has memory management or not? Also, I thought removing IM would break the market app, am I wrong?

theresthatguy

Retired Forum Mod
Nov 9, 2009
Could you please specify in the OP which version of A2SD you're using, and if DarchKernel has memory management or not? Also, I thought removing IM would break the market app, am I wrong?

It will break Google voice

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

The A2SD that you're using (from you sig) listed as 2.7.5 pf4a.

The kernel is the Standard 710mhz non-memkiller for nfinitefx and fresh

I have not heard of removing IM as breaking google voice. I just made a call with GV and sent and received texts...so?

Last edited:

feefeeboomboom

Jan 17, 2010
Fargo
Dude TTG was better then Fresh IMO. I only used your rom in 1.5 and I hope you start deving again. Very nice ;)

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
I have not heard of removing IM as breaking google voice. I just made a call with GV and sent and received texts...so?

He said GV, I said the market. I've read about it in various "how to remove unwanted apk's" threads so I never tried.
Edit: I searched and found the answer. Removing IM.apk doesn't break the market, removing IMProvider.apk does

Last edited:

theresthatguy

Retired Forum Mod
Nov 9, 2009
I have installed several apps from the market. I can personally verify the market works. I tested over wifi and evdo.

edit: looking at your sig again. unless you're wanting the droid x ime or 270 rotation, this is pretty much the same rom.

someonenewhere

Dec 27, 2009
welcome back TTG! i remember you made a nice 1.5 ROM in which I used for quite sometime...

I just seen you added Flash 10.1 ...Lite or full?

theresthatguy

Retired Forum Mod
Nov 9, 2009
welcome back TTG! i remember you made a nice 1.5 ROM in which I used for quite sometime...

I just seen you added Flash 10.1 ...Lite or full?

full flash. flash lite only goes up to version 3.1. although as reflected in post 1 edit it's not currently working in the beta. i do however have a version working on my own personal version of the beta. might be able to upload new beta tonight or early tomorrow.

ItsDon

Mar 29, 2008
Dripping Springs, Texas
Thought I'd give this a whirl. First of all, this goes from initial flash to usable phone faster than any rom I've seen, nice!

I downloaded all my Market apps and then nandroided, wiped dalvick and then flashed JIT - boot loop city. Had to do a battery pull and have just rebooted after running the JIT uninstall. Any help in getting it to install and run?

Couple other questions for ya.

How do I get Facebook for HTC sense back on it?

Is it compatible with Collin_ph's battery tweak?

I'll keep plugging away on it for a bit, it's an intriguing little rom ;)

Last edited:

theresthatguy

Retired Forum Mod
Nov 9, 2009
Thought I'd give this a whirl. First of all, this goes from initial flash to usable phone faster than any rom I've seen, nice!

I downloaded all my Market apps and then nandroided, wiped dalvick and then flashed JIT - boot loop city. Had to do a battery pull and have just rebooted after running the JIT uninstall. Any help in getting it to install and run?

Couple other questions for ya.

How do I get Facebook for HTC sense back on it?

Is it compatible with Collin_ph's battery tweak?

I'll keep plugging away on it for a bit, it's an intriguing little rom ;)

from my own personal experience JIT is just super finicky. i've only gotten to to work a handful of times myself. i got jit working and then my phone did a random reboot and started boot looping cause of jit.

htc facebook should be located sdcard/deleted apps, as well as all the other deleted apps

i have not tested collin_ph's battery tweak but there's no reason it shouldn't be.

edit: got a heads up from nfinitefx45 that he reworked JIT and is very stable. I will post update soon.

Last edited:

Rizzo19

Feb 18, 2010
Columbus OH
Ok not having any problems with the rom.

I am however trying to push the HtcFacebook.apk so i can sync up the pictures with contacts but I cant get it to work.

adb remount

adb push HtcFacebook.apk /system/app/

adb reboot

am i missing something??

theresthatguy

Retired Forum Mod
Nov 9, 2009
Ok not having any problems with the rom.

I am however trying to push the HtcFacebook.apk so i can sync up the pictures with contacts but I cant get it to work.

adb remount

adb push HtcFacebook.apk /system/app/

adb reboot

am i missing something??

Go to settings-applications-manage app-clear sense cache

Rivas123

Jul 6, 2010
Perth Amboy
Flashed the Rom so far so good. Will keep going at it till someone comes out with a ported 2.2. Thanks for the great Rom!