Um where did my CWM recovery go?!?!?

Search This thread

Xplay21

Jan 23, 2014
So i installed the xperia nxt r1 rom and everything went well, but all of a sudden now whenever i try to reboot into recovery it just reboots my system??? can someone help me fix this since i need recovery to install new adds ons for my status bar

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
So i installed the xperia nxt r1 rom and everything went well, but all of a sudden now whenever i try to reboot into recovery it just reboots my system??? can someone help me fix this since i need recovery to install new adds ons for my status bar

Are you using Doomlord kernel? As i recall, "reboot to recovery" doesn't work on Doomlord kernel (but you can keep pressing "back" button when powering on to enter recovery). If you are using lupus kernel, use "volume -" button

Xplay21

Jan 23, 2014
Are you using Doomlord kernel? As i recall, "reboot to recovery" doesn't work on Doomlord kernel (but you can keep pressing "back" button when powering on to enter recovery). If you are using lupus kernel, use "volume -" button

Um.. both of them don't work.

I don't know if this is related but if i try to connect my phone to the pc, it recognises my phone but when i open flashtool i get the following messages "Checking root access" and then "root access denied" however i'm pretty sure i'm rooted, i mean my superuser app allows other apps such as link2sd and rom toolboxpro access

Last edited:

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
Um.. both of them don't work.

I don't know if this is related but if i try to connect my phone to the pc, it recognises my phone but when i open flashtool i get the following messages "Checking root access" and then "root access denied" however i'm pretty sure i'm rooted, i mean my superuser app allows other apps such as link2sd and rom toolboxpro access

Your back/volume- button don't work or you are pressing it in wrong way.

As for flashtool, try to update busybox in phone

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Free mobile app

Xplay21

Jan 23, 2014
The both work, how am i meant to press it?? And on start up theres no lupus kernel logo. On start up there is a sony ericcsson logo followed up by the xperia logo and then the xperia z boot animation

Last edited:

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
The both work, how am i meant to press it?? And on start up theres no lupus kernel logo. On start up there is a sony ericcsson logo followed up by the xperia logo and then the xperia z boot animation

SE logo? Are you on locked bootloader? With stock kernel?
If answer is yes, i can't help you much, because i don't remember anymore how to install recovery on locked bootloader :rolleyes:

Xplay21

Jan 23, 2014
SE logo? Are you on locked bootloader? With stock kernel?
If answer is yes, i can't help you much, because i don't remember anymore how to install recovery on locked bootloader :rolleyes:

My bootloaders unlocked though :l and i remember entering recovery any times. it's just now it doesn't work :(

EDIT: FIXED! Just reinstalled CWM with 'CW Auto-Installer'

Last edited: