ROOT on new FW .62

Search This thread

ijorlo

Apr 10, 2011
Flahs only kernel of .62 to .58

check this thread for download links of these stock roms...

Thank you!

I just want to flash my sk17a of .62 to .58, not the entire system. If you can do this with the Xperia MiniPro (SK17i) _4.0.2.A.0.42_HU.ftf What should I do?.

Thanks in advance, sorry for my English, I use the google translator.

Spanish translate
Gracias,!!

Yo solo quiero flashear mi sk17a de .62 a la .58, no todo el sistema. Si se puede hacer esto con la Xperia MiniPro (SK17i)_4.0.2.A.0.42_HU.ftf, que debo hacer?.

Gracias de antemano, disculpen mi ingles, utilizo el traductor de google.

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Thank you!

I just want to flash my sk17a of .62 to .58, not the entire system. If you can do this with the Xperia MiniPro (SK17i) _4.0.2.A.0.42_HU.ftf What should I do?.

Spanish translate
Gracias,!!

Yo solo quiero flashear mi sk17a de .62 a la .58, no todo el sistema. Si se puede hacer esto con la Xperia MiniPro (SK17i)_4.0.2.A.0.42_HU.ftf, que debo hacer?.

These ROM files are for i models only, SK17i models. But you have SK17a and unfortunately, we do not have those ROM files, nor has someone tested these on a models, if works or not.

Reactions: ijorlo

ijorlo

Apr 10, 2011
SK17i_4.0.2.A.0.58_GLOBAL.ftf for two models?

These ROM files are for i models only, SK17i models. But you have SK17a and unfortunately, we do not have those ROM files, nor has someone tested these on a models, if works or not.

h t t p : //communities-origin.sonyericsson.com/message/139944

In this post I referred to this forum, says the SK17i_4.0.2.A.0.58_GLOBAL.ftf works for both models. If that information is secure?

En este post que hace referencia este foro, dice que la SK17i_4.0.2.A.0.58_GLOBAL.ftf funciona para los dos modelos. Si es segura esa informacion?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Detailed instructions for those that might need it:

what do you mean? if you update to .62 using the update feature on the phone itself, it lets you update and keep it rooted?

For this method to work you have to use the “SE Update Center” in your mobile to upgrade from your already rooted .42 frimware, this will not work if you use the WotanClient or other methods.

------------
    I was first unable to upgrade from my already rooted .42 firmware to .62 by using the SE UPDATE CENTER, it showed: “installation failed” after the reboot, but that was because I had removed all the SE bloatware and customized the firmware to my likings.

-----------

These steps worked perfectly for me:

1. Backup all you data/apps etc.
    2. Use “WotanClient” to flash to .42 firmware
    3. After the installation: do a full factory reset (Privacy settings/Factory data reset)
    4. Root your phone with: (SuperOneClickv2.3.3)
    5. Reboot and upgrade to 0.62 by using SE UPDATE CENTER (settings/about/update…)

After the reboot you will notice that your phone is still rooted with all the administrator privileges still there along with SuperUser in your AppDrawer =)

WARNING: Do not do a factory reset on 0.62 after the firmware update process.

Cheers
    Hi,
    Im successfully root .62 firwmare (Locked BL, Xperia PRO, well not really .62)
    the method is:
    1. downgrading to .58
    2. boot into old firmware
    3. Root it using zerg rush method (only root! do not alter /system or OTA update will failed)
    4. wait a few minutes,
    5. Update (OTA) says there is a new update .62
    6. Download
    7. Install update (IMPORTANT: unplug usb cable or install will failed)
    8. after installed, phone remain root-ed, root is not gone

and no data is gone during the process
    dont understand. it's need to unlocked bootloader?

if zergrush exploit working on erlier kernel,it should give us a way to gain root access.

We don't need to unlock bootloader in order to flash kernel files that originally come from SEUS.
    Thank you!

Spanish translate
    Gracias,!!