De-TW ROM.

Search This thread

WeThePeople13

Jan 5, 2012
So long story short I came from a long line of HTC phones and one of the big things I miss about the ROMs is when the developers would take a stock OTA and debloat everything down to just the basic elements and throw a launcher on it. You would get all of the benefits of the OTA (better camera, better reception, etc) but still have the slimmed down fast OS. AI still have not seen that here. I was wondering if any dev would mind stripping a ROM down or if anyone just feels like I do?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mygraine

Aug 4, 2008
Why not aosp or cm or any of the other source built roms? Seems like a waste to de touch wiz a rom when those are available. .

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
I just want the better camera and reception really.

I know what you're talking about. Its not quite the same, but you could take one of the already debloated ROMs and go through and remove as many system apps as possible before affecting stability and performance.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

tfly212

Dec 1, 2011
New York
I know what you're talking about. Its not quite the same, but you could take one of the already debloated ROMs and go through and remove as many system apps as possible before affecting stability and performance.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Just pick a nicely debloated ROM and then use a launcher like Holo HD. You can customize the heck out of it...you will never know TW is even there.

kude87

Jan 2, 2013
Denver, CO
The reception is up to the radio which we can flash separately from any of the roms if we like. Camera I belive you could just pull the app from the new image of the update. Glad the script got you the right set up.

Not sure how exactly the note 2 is compared to the S3 that I had, but this isn't necessarily true. CM based roms have to reverse engineer the radio resulting in worse signal and data handoffs relative to touchwiz. As far as I know, there has never been a fully functioning touchwiz camera ported to CM. Correct me if I am wrong.

If you want better signal and camera, touchwiz is your only option. I've flashed dozens of CM based roms, and all have the similar data and csmera issues. Remember, your experience may vary, but this is all relative to touchwiz, which has the proprietary drivers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

WeThePeople13

Jan 5, 2012
I used a flashable zip. And I also came from a samsung galaxy s 3 and I assume that the camera and radios like you said are reverse engineered. I have a four month old baby so to me I need the camera or my wife will kill me

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

MunkinDrunky

Feb 25, 2012
Not sure how exactly the note 2 is compared to the S3 that I had, but this isn't necessarily true. CM based roms have to reverse engineer the radio resulting in worse signal and data handoffs relative to touchwiz. As far as I know, there has never been a fully functioning touchwiz camera ported to CM. Correct me if I am wrong.

If you want better signal and camera, touchwiz is your only option. I've flashed dozens of CM based roms, and all have the similar data and csmera issues. Remember, your experience may vary, but this is all relative to touchwiz, which has the proprietary drivers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Ahh yeah I've only used tw roms I didn't think about CM