[ODIN] SGH-I777 Build UCLD4 - Android 4.0.3

Search This thread

kennethpenn

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com
No need to have the device to pull a one click apart. A hex editor will take care of it. :D

Are the devs in this section really that lazy? You all need someone who doesn't even have the device to do your grunt work for you? :p

Lazy_baby_eating.gif
<----- this is you... bein' lazy

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Are the devs in this section really that lazy? You all need someone who doesn't even have the device to do your grunt work for you? :p

Lazy_baby_eating.gif

nope. pulled the last few apart. leaks just aren't that popular i guess with all the BS ATT has been throwing out lately. Not sure why you said you would have to have the device in order to pull it apart though??? i think i might be on to something here. lol. :p :D :p

P.S.- Something has been going around in the last leaks with bricking phones. not just this device. but some others i guess. people are probably just scared.

kennethpenn

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com
nope. pulled the last few apart. leaks just aren't that popular i guess with all the BS ATT has been throwing out lately. Not sure why you said you would have to have the device in order to pull it apart though??? i think i might be on to something here. lol. :p :D :p

P.S.- Something has been going around in the last leaks with bricking phones. not just this device. but some others i guess. people are probably just scared.

When I said I didn't have the device, I was referring to actually flashing it. I'm not going to pull apart every leak and spoon-feed it to people in the community. You guys are big boys. I think you can handle it.

When I create something (very rarely), it's because I want to use it on my own device. Since I don't have this device, I have no desire to spend time pulling apart a leak for it.

Reactions: jdbeitz and K Rich

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
When I said I didn't have the device, I was referring to actually flashing it. I'm not going to pull apart every leak and spoon-feed it to people in the community. You guys are big boys. I think you can handle it.

When I create something (very rarely), it's because I want to use it on my own device. Since I don't have this device, I have no desire to spend time pulling apart a leak for it.

cool. by the way. i thought it was pretty obvious the we have been messing around with you considering the fact that are moderators in this forum are pretty light hearted. have a good one. :D

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

Lazy_baby_eating.gif

No - thanks to the Superbrick fiasco (See stickies in the Note section), no one is touching ICS leaks for any Exynos device any more. Well, at least not the kernels.

Also, Touchjizz on ICS drove a lot of people over to AOSP firmwares even before it became evident that I777 leaks were affected by Superbrick too. Once I reverse engineered the microphone swapping to allow us to use I9100 sources and firmwares without even dropping in libaudio, I777 leaks basically became irrelevant except for NFC - and hell, on AOSP firmwares, it turns out we didn't even need the leaks for NFC. (CM9 for I777 uses Maguro PN544 firmware, not I777 leak firmware.)

I'm helping Shoman with the modem though.

Last edited:

shoman94

Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2009
Maine
no need. i just posted it for you . :D

lol... I know but I wanna know what I'm doing wrong:

k

opened in hex... searched for modem.bin.... took offset(23728CA8) from M and converted to decimal(594709672) and typed this in terminal.

dd if=leak.exe of=modem.tar bs=568123730 skip=1

My output and some garbage files from withing the exe and CSC and customer.xml etc....

Help me obe task kenobe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is an Android 4.0.3 Odin One Click file for the AT&T Galaxy S II (SGH-I777). Take a crack at it!

Heres the Modem for you guys that want to try it. Dont ask me for the rest of the leak. I've already trashed it and emptied my trash bin. Its gone. I refuse to touch these leaks anymore.

UCLD4 Modem
    http://www.mediafire.com/?i9s2vuvry1efr4u

Mirror
    http://d-h.st/CKo
    Oh God, I was lol'ing so hard.

Also, where have you been? You used to be extremely active here, now I hardly see you post here. Makes me sad. :(

This needs to be Task's new Title.

I've got a Note now - I do still have the I777 and I will continue work on it - the nice thing about the Note is that it's 90% identical - both my own kernels and the CM kernels target Note and I777 using the same source tree, so any "core" improvements for Note also benefit I777/I9100.

I'm planning to do a Hellraiser update this weekend.
    I understand you do, it's why that puzzles me but whatever it doesn't matter to me lol

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

uhm... at some point in time you used a ROM that was Samsung based - and used the banner in your sig.

This Samsung vs AOxP thing has been done & redone way too much.

This thread is about the UCLD4 leak.

I think it is the best i777 leak thus far. The modem is working nicely in my area as well. For a kernel, I compiled the latest Entropy512 ICS sources without mic swapping. It works very well.
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's only if you do a wipe/restore with that kernel on. I probably would stay away from making a nandroid with it too. Just flash a new kernel over it without wiping anything, then do your nandroid and go from there.
    Correct - Don't wipe (not even from stock recovery or Settings - Note users have gotten nailed that way), don't flash anything (most packages format system before flashing), don't Nandroid restore (partitions get formatted before restore)

Are you using windows or linux?

Factoryfs.img is not the first file to extract in this build. If you search the file with ghex in linux, you'll see zImage is first. So find zImage and get the hex code. Change hex to decimal and type in

dd if=leak.exe of=(name you give for the archive it creates) bs=(the decimal #) skip=1

It will extract the zImage and hidden,cache,factoryfs. Then search for modem.bin and extract.

I uploaded the one I put together. Its ODIN flash withOUT bootloaders. Waiting for AJ Newkirk to give me the greenlight to post it with his kernel.
    The structure of tar lets you start midway through the file. factoryfs is the first file we actually want, since we absolutely don't want the zImage.

WARNING: Even if I777 ICS goes official, there is a VERY good chance the kernel will still be affected by Superbrick. It just happened to the Note community - XXLPY has been killing at least 1-2 devices/day since it was released last week.

GT-N7000 XXLPY needs a theme song: "Let the Bodies Hit The Floor" by Drowning Pool.