[ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (3.19.2013) (WIFI ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Heh, i thought maybe you had an xbox360 Rom. :)

So i have it flashed and when trying to add my google acct, it tells me I dont have a reliable data connection or my device isnt provisioned properly.

Is that one of those things to be patient about for the next release?

Thank you for doing this...

not at all. ive never seen what you are talking about. it asked me to connect to my wifi, then my google account. you have to have a wifi connection when you;re setting up. ;)

Trv06kviper

Thanks Task!
I was patiently waiting for a stable ICS build (with cameras) and you have delivered.
It works well with recovery 5.8.3.1 :) (that's right touch recovery...no frills no skins...yet).

Sent from my HTC Sensation DR using XDA Premium App

badogg

Mar 11, 2011
not at all. ive never seen what you are talking about. it asked me to connect to my wifi, then my google account. you have to have a wifi connection when you;re setting up. ;)

Oh yeah man, it makes you do that before asking for you acct info during initial setup.

Also, I am typing on the tab right now, and if i go to accts and add it for google it tells me the same thing. My wifi connection shows as excellent as im only about 6 feet from my access point.

LVNona

Sep 17, 2007
Vancouver
you obviously did something wrong considering you are the only one to report the issue. i have no clue about that recovery that you are using but it could be the culprit. the issue you're having doesn't happen with this rom.
I have the same issue - and I did everything by instruction.

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

Going from Task14 I followed these instructions and seemed all was okay after reboot but when I pressed power off and then on again the screen was scrambled and flickering. Had to get back to Restore by holding all 3 buttons.. Fortunately I had done a Nandroid BU so am back to Task14. I remember a similar problem with someone else's ROM. Am using TWRP to flash - should I have reflashed to stock first?

Me too - the same sh... ;) Need help

R2142

Sep 29, 2011
Oak Harbor, WA
I am getting the Same flickering screen after the tablet sleeps. I can press and hold the power button and restart the tab and I can see the screen again but it will again start to flicker from waking up.

I have flashed teh rom twice now with wiping the cache and davlik and still the same results

Any ideas?

R2142

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Oh yeah man, it makes you do that before asking for you acct info during initial setup.

Also, I am typing on the tab right now, and if i go to accts and add it for google it tells me the same thing. My wifi connection shows as excellent as im only about 6 feet from my access point.

I have the same issue - and I did everything by instruction.

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

Me too - the same sh... ;) Need help

I am getting the Same flickering screen after the tablet sleeps. I can press and hold the power button and restart the tab and I can see the screen again but it will again start to flicker from waking up.

I have flashed teh rom twice now with wiping the cache and davlik and still the same results

Any ideas?

R2142

Im really not sure why you guys would be having these issues. Ive flashed this rom over 30 times while testing tonight and i havent personally seen it. Weird.

R2142

Sep 29, 2011
Oak Harbor, WA
I am using the USB connected to PC to transfer the data but I charge using the Power supply that I got from the factory. I have been disconnecting the USB during the flash.

badogg

Mar 11, 2011
Im really not sure why you guys would be having these issues. Ive flashed this rom over 30 times while testing tonight and i havent personally seen it. Weird.

Omg dude, i am a freakin moronic idiot. I found that the date in settings was 7/31/2005. So i updated it to the current date in year 2012 and it worked fine and i was able to set up my account.

It must have defaulted to 2005 during initial setup and i didnt notice.

Sorry for the false alarm...

Reactions: safariking

kuldaoo

Aug 12, 2010
I dont want any alternate download links or mirrors at this time. i want to keep track for now. sorry.

i will provide mirrors at a later point in time.

OK, I understand. So, could you get the download link from the first post working please? There is an error 500 :)

bkastel1

Oct 21, 2010
HW decoding for video

Hi,

I heard that 4.0.x had some issues with HW decoding for video - some threads says it is not working. Is this true? When I loaded Galaxy Task 14 I had problems playing some xvid video. after replacing the kernel with the one from Droid basement this was fixed. Any ideas on this? I had CM9 on my tab but xvid and avi files were not playing. Only after going back to TASK 14 and replacing the Kernel was I able to get this working again.

Thanks, Borut

corei7qm

Jan 24, 2011
Salzburg
Hey Task,

Can you please add:
-the option to kill an app with long press back button like in cm,
-an permantenly enabled menu button in the navigation bar,
-and a screenshot-button in the Advanced-Power-Menu instead in the navigationbar.

please!????

thanks in advance.:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

mobileguynz

Oct 22, 2011
Auckland

Any ideas?

R2142

Unlucky one my tab has that scrolling issue.

I got this as well its got to do with the recovery or previous installs. I was on CM 10. I tried both recovery roms from http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/ still same issue.

So went back to basics and used odin to install United Kingdom / Ireland 2012 July 4.0.4 P7510XXLPH P7510XEULPH from http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-P7510&pcode=XEU&os=1&type=3#firmware

Did the default setup with out signing in.

next root the device see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1807219

That didn't work still rolling screen

tried ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4_P75xx.tar and that worked

Booted back into recovery and re installed this rom.

Now all good again. Can turn off reboot etc and no scrolling.

Yes this was after wipes and no logging in etc as per OP

Note be very careful how you wipe with stock rom re brick issues>> (this may be not an issue but be careful)

This rom seems just as smmoth as JB CM 10 thanks for this.

Reactions: mirskym

Rogoshin

Jul 22, 2011
Århus
Unlucky one my tab has that scrolling issue.

I got this as well its got to do with the recovery or previous installs. I was on CM 10. I tried both recovery roms from http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/ still same issue.

So went back to basics and used odin to install United Kingdom / Ireland 2012 July 4.0.4 P7510XXLPH P7510XEULPH from http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-P7510&pcode=XEU&os=1&type=3#firmware

Did the default setup with out signing in.

next root the device see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1807219

That didn't work still rolling screen

tried ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4_P75xx.tar and that worked

Booted back into recovery and re installed this rom.

Now all good again. Can turn off reboot etc and no scrolling.

Yes this was after wipes and no logging in etc as per OP

Note be very careful how you wipe with stock rom re brick issues>> (this may be not an issue but be careful)

This rom seems just as smmoth as JB CM 10 thanks for this.

Any ideas on doing this whitout Odin, i am on linux.

Joe T

Nov 18, 2010
Fingerlakes, NY
Task, any chance incorporating Google Now into your future builds? I followed the instructions here last night and it works great except for voice search, but I didn't mess around with it too much. Thanks for your work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes to the Galaxy Tab 10.1.​
    wurd2.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP then GTFO.​

screenshot2013031918222.png

screenshot2013031918195.png

screenshot2013031918201.png

RULES​

1.) You must read the Installation Instructions before installing this ROM or posting in this thread.

2.) If you don't like how I run this thread. Leave. You do not have to be here and you are not forced to read it. You are doing so on your own free will.

3.) If you don't like something that someone has to say. DO NOT RESPOND!!! It's that simple. Your personal opinions DO NOT BELONG HERE! Please leave them out of this thread. I will do the responding and so will the Moderators.

4.)This is not a "captain save a hoe" thread. It's not your job to stand up or fight for what you believe in here. This is a development thread! Leave it at that!

5.) Search before posting here. You are most likely not the only one to have the question/issue.

6.) Have fun in this thread. I don't mind if we have some fun, joke around, or whatever. As long as it's fun. ;)

7.) If you're going to post here, keep it to this ROM and this ROM only (unless its fun as mentioned above). It is useless to compare to Stock ROMs, CM10 ROMS, ect...

changelog2.png

Code:
    [B][U][I]AOKP 4.2.2 Jellybean 3.19.2013[/I][/U][/B]
    Initial release...
    I've disabled the bootanimation for now as I don't like how sh$tty the standard bootanimations looked on this device. So it will just be a black screen on boot up for now. I will be creating a custom one for future releases. ;)
    OTA Updating will not be activated for a couple releases. I want to test the waters here first.
    This has the latest kernel from pershoot
    I forgot to fix the dimensions in the Lockscreen Target Setup so I will be fixing those for next release. You will have to set them up while in Portrait Mode. ;)

installation1.png

Make sure you have CWM or TWRP Recovery
    MAKE A NANDROID
    Boot into recovery
    Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache, then go into mounts & storage and format system (if using CWM). To format system w/TWRP, select Wipe then System!!!(If already on AOKP 4.2.2 you should be able to just wipe cache & dalvik. If you have ANY ISSUES, FULLY WIPE BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!!!)
    Flash ROM
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot

downloads4.png

You have to flash Gapps every time you flash an update!

Jellybean
    NEW!!!
    AOKP 4.2.2 Jellybean Build 3.19.2013
    Download HERE

Mirror
    Download HERE

NEW!Gapps for Jellybean (4.2.2) 3.4.2013
    Download HERE
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kernels
    Underwear Kernel (My rendition of the stock CM Kernel. It's the one packaged with this ROM.)
    Coming Soon...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Releases
    None yet...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

contribute1.png

If you want to donate to me just click the "Donate to me button" under my avatar or click the PayPal Button ---->

These guys spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage them, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Roman
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to Sethyx
    Donate to SteveSpear
    Donate to MarcLandis
    Donate to Sixstringsg
    Donate to AdamtheCashew
    Donate to Xoomdev
    Donate to Birdman
    Donate to Khas'Mek
    Donate to Kwes1020
    Donate to JustReboot

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.
    ---->

source2m.png

Check out the ROM source ( https://github.com/AOKP ) on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
    Thread has taken on a huge change. No more TW threads for me. Welcome to my AOKP. New release available in the OP for download. ;)
    This is a Dev thread - not the Off-Topic section, Facebook or Twitter

No-one cares that you're downloading the ROM or that you can't wait to flash it or that you just saw this thread and wet yourself with excitement.

If you have a genuine question or bug, then post here.
    If all you want to do is express your excitement or thanks, then do so by clicking the
    thank.png
    THANKS button on the OP or by donating some money to Task650, not by filling this thread up with crap.
    Just a little question what's the hate about p7500? I mean it's the same device with a modem and 1 extra icon and 1 extra menu for 3g options and thetering

I know you only own a p7510 but also does pershoot and Maple syrup but they supports 3G as well... How hard could it be for you to support it too

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

i dont want to support 3G
    This thread is going to change in the future.

screenshot2013010620042.png

sent from my AT&T SGS3