MIUI.us 3.2.8 For TMobile Galaxy S-III

Search This thread

silverton

Jun 7, 2007
Seattle, WA
I had figured so but the one time it alarmed me was when I thought had to accept all the prompts to get Gmail working (part of the reboot-to-fix-fc issue I posted about previously)

Why would Gmail trigger the root permission manager too? I had assumed it was for SDcard access and Widget access, but I really wasn't sure

Probably either SD card access or contact access. It should have told you during the prompts.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

xfusejc

Aug 24, 2010
I had been waiting for a properly working MIUI ROM and boy did this deliver in spades.

Thank you so much!

Everything works and it works well and it's a pleasure to be back on this.

I'm getting about 9 hours or so on the battery life with moderate usage, which isn't too good considering I was getting over a day with stock but I can go through a day at work and still have a bit to come home to, so I'm sticking with it. Here's to hoping for alternate kernels with better battery life.

G1Master

Feb 1, 2009
H-Town
Loving the rom so far. Runs really well for being a port. Mad props to you on that.

Any way to get some mods working on here? Example is the 4 way reboot I do see that someone mentioned it before in this thread and the OP said its been implented but I dont see it. Holding the power down, Power menu only shows reboot by itslef even when selecting reboot nothing more comes up just reboots.

Also does 4G work? Or in my case with T-Mobile its 3.5G but I just dont see any indications for 4G or H or H+ showing in the status bar.

Some games come up on the Play Store as not compatible for this device regardless of what Dpi was set or what Play Store was installed (NFL Pro 2013, Tiki Kart 3D, etc...Im sure there are more.)

Themes work, Camera works, BT works (Paired it up with My New Moga Controller Fully Works!), GPS Works, Data just seems slower to me and seems to hang at times.

Battery life is decent, Ive only managed to get out 6 hours but thats cause I was using BT and Data for gaming with the Moga Controller so makes sense.

xfusejc

Aug 24, 2010
Also does 4G work? Or in my case with T-Mobile its 3.5G but I just dont see any indications for 4G or H or H+ showing in the status bar.

It works, but it needs a very specific speed to show you H+ instead of 3G. I'm in 3G constantly but I'll get the H+ in a few spots. I think T-Mobile overestimates what they consider 4G and MIUI is probably more down to earth about it.

Anyone tested the JB Leankernel? It's for CM10, so I'm just wondering if it'll translate well with MIUI.

ETA; It wreaks havoc with the camera and the launcher. Nevermind.

Last edited:

GhostIsBaked

Aug 21, 2012
Dallas, Tx
That happens to me sometimes, what I've sort of pinned it to, is miui being so intent on you using wifi instead of data for absolutely everything.
Disabling the download size limit in the download app doesn't really fix this either..
Because every now and again when you download stuff, a dialog box will pop up asking to queue it or cancel it, (this is different from the 'set up wifi' box that appears) and I find that sometimes it just disappears and will leave your download, and all subsequent downloads, in limbo.

What sort of helps is raising the limit miui thinks your data allotment is per month from their data monitor app (called 'network assistant') .
Also, in the settings in that app, there an option three down from the top, as seen in the screen shot, (the "disconnect from the Internet...'" option) that helped out when I disabled it..
I was having download problems and after Disabling it, the problem seemed to be fixed...

This might be unrelated to your problem, But I figured it might help..

Unchecked that option but I still get the problem, it just acts up whenever it wants, sometimes it works for hours on end and then it won't budge. :(

Also, how do I manually install icons? The icon pack I got is in Mtz format and I got it to show up on the Themes app. When I hit Apply after choosing it, a pop says "The theme is not downloaded from
official the market, please download similar from official market."

Last edited:

theminigame

Feb 14, 2011
Albuquerque
Unchecked that option but I still get the problem, it just acts up whenever it wants, sometimes it works for hours on end and then it won't budge. :(

Dang.. Well I haven't had the problem that bad... Have you tried wiping caches and fixing permissions? Or checking your apn settings? Stabbing in the dark at this point.. Besides that all I can think of is either wait for the next update or start from a fresh install..
Sorry i'm not much help..

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill

Also, how do I manually install icons? The icon pack I got is in Mtz format and I got it to show up on the Themes app. When I hit Apply after choosing it, a pop says "The theme is not downloaded from
official the market, please download similar from official market."

Did you set up an account with Xiaomi....

garymachete

Mar 2, 2011
Issaquah
Yea thats one of the things I love about miui. They had things like this way before touchwiz had their gestures and whatnot.
Also

*holding home on lockscreen will access flashlight

ahoslc

Mar 30, 2010
salt lake city
Loving the rom so far. Runs really well for being a port. Mad props to you on that.

Any way to get some mods working on here? Example is the 4 way reboot I do see that someone mentioned it before in this thread and the OP said its been implented but I dont see it. Holding the power down, Power menu only shows reboot by itslef even when selecting reboot nothing more comes up just reboots.

Some games come up on the Play Store as not compatible for this device regardless of what Dpi was set or what Play Store was installed (NFL Pro 2013, Tiki Kart 3D, etc...Im sure there are more.)

Themes work, Camera works, BT works (Paired it up with My New Moga Controller Fully Works!), GPS Works, Data just seems slower to me and seems to hang at times.

Battery life is decent, Ive only managed to get out 6 hours but thats cause I was using BT and Data for gaming with the Moga Controller so makes sense.

Download the latest Tmobile modem and you will not be seeing H and H+ !!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 JB 3.2.8 For TMobile Samsung Galaxy S-III

Installation Instructions
    Boot into recovery
    Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    Create a backup
    Factory reset device and wipe caches
    Install zip from SD card
    Reboot and enjoy!

What Works
    Everything as far as I know. You tell me!
    I changed the build.prop and updater script to reflect T Mobile from my AT&T build.
    If you have any issues let me know just encase I missed something

3.2.8 Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m73lhljpctelok5

GApps

http://www.mediafire.com/?hk2q9g3m6y0o9b1

Thanks To
    Chairface
    MIUI.us Team and IRC
    iBotPeaches

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for your bricked units if you do not install properly...if you are not sure what MiUi US is please search it and you will find a vast amount of info...

Change Log
    Update highlights of MIUI ROM 3.1.11

Not much has changed

Hello Ppl.

Take a moment and read this. :) MIUIv5 For your Phone Coming SOON :)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41056649&postcount=87
    So..................this is where I'm at. I ported Miui 3.2.8 over, works nice. As for the other options...
    I got toolbox working for hiding the status bar and removing icon labels, so I'm happy here. I can't get it working yet for the center clock, but I have control panel suite working which does the same thing with other options so not a bad alternative. I'm going to see if I can roll all of this into one package before I release, but I will release something over the next few days....
    Will you be continuing to port for us?

Probably....I really do like MIUI.....
    Hopefully I will have an update out by tomorrow...Just waiting on the toolbox....