Wifi Speed on HD+

Search This thread

andtron

Aug 14, 2011
I am currently running cm10.1.3.2 on my nook color and the max I could get is 5.6 mbps, my isp speed is capped at 25 mbps.

I am thinking of getting a used HD+ locally and I would like to know the wifi performance on this model.

I used speedtest.net to measure the speed.

TIA.

P.S. My son's Nexus 7 could hit 22 mpbs.

wellersl

Feb 15, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I saw 25Mbps in Tucson over the holidays visiting family. Here at home I'm lucky to get 4Mbps. SIL wants to get a new fruit phone because, "It's 4G!" I told him if I had his bandwidth, I'd throw mine away!

Is that with a naked NC? Are you holding it?

All rather meaningless and usually considered pointless since RF is so fickle.

Reactions: andtron

rhyang

May 16, 2013
SJC
My HD+ is running CM 10.2 on emmc and the speedtest.net app reports typically above 35M on my home network (my desktop/wired connection maxes out around 57M). I think the HD+ actually does a bit better in that department than my 2012 Nexus 7. It's no slouch on the wifi.

andtron

Aug 14, 2011
I saw 25Mbps in Tucson over the holidays visiting family. Here at home I'm lucky to get 4Mbps. SIL wants to get a new fruit phone because, "It's 4G!" I told him if I had his bandwidth, I'd throw mine away!

Not sure what did you mean by "naked", and yes, I am holding it when I browse the web and it is slow.

FirePsych

Apr 28, 2012
Roswell, GA
Getting about 18-20 Mbps down right now.
My phone is getting almost twice as fast right next to it.
CM11 and cases on both.

Sent from my Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 4

wellersl

Feb 15, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Not sure what did you mean by "naked", and yes, I am holding it when I browse the web and it is slow.
Naked being without a case or sleeve.

Try setting it down on a counter or table before invoking the test.Your body is mostly water, and water is notorious for interfering with RF. As are microwaves, fluorescent lights, clouds, sunspots, electric motors, ... And in my case, a metal roof. Which is why I'm lucky to get 4Mbps

Seriously though. RF is fickle.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My HD+ is running CM 10.2 on emmc and the speedtest.net app reports typically above 35M on my home network (my desktop/wired connection maxes out around 57M). I think the HD+ actually does a bit better in that department than my 2012 Nexus 7. It's no slouch on the wifi.
    Getting about 18-20 Mbps down right now.
    My phone is getting almost twice as fast right next to it.
    CM11 and cases on both.

Sent from my Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 4
    Naked being without a case or sleeve.

Try setting it down on a counter or table before invoking the test.Your body is mostly water, and water is notorious for interfering with RF. As are microwaves, fluorescent lights, clouds, sunspots, electric motors, ... And in my case, a metal roof. Which is why I'm lucky to get 4Mbps

Seriously though. RF is fickle.