[Q] nano sim question

Search This thread

jessbowring

Jul 20, 2012
Saco
You'll go get your m8 and it will come with a new sim. The old one in your iPhone will be burned after they activate the new one and Verizon won't let you use it again. Just swap the new one that comes in your m8. Don't listen to Verizon. I'm using my new sim in my m8, m7, and iPhone 5.

When I got my m8 they activated it, which I didn't know they were going to do. So I asked them to activate my old phone again, which they did on my old SIM.

You won't lose NFC capability when swapping SIMs. NFC is part of the phone's hardware. What you will lose is ISIS capability, since that relies on the SIM.

You can use Google wallet just when swapping SIMs.

Verizon said the SIM is for NFC, without the new SIM you won't have NFC even tho your phone is NFC capable. You will lose ISIS capabilities because you will no longer have an NFC SIM.

Last edited:

meest

Feb 22, 2009
When I got my m8 they activated it, which I didn't know they were going to do. So I asked them to activate my old phone again, which they did on my old SIM.

Verizon said the SIM is for NFC, without the new SIM you won't have NFC even tho your phone is NFC capable. You will lose ISIS capabilities because you will no longer have an NFC SIM.

Impressive that they activated the old SIM. I'm assuming because its a different size that they did that. I've always had one burned. Hopefully their system finally accounts for that.

As for your NFC thing, the new SIM would have to deal with ISIS then, as I used NFC to pay on my M7 and on my GNEX for the last two years. So technically yes you will have NFC and it will work, just ISIS may not work.

levilib

Nov 29, 2011
When upgrading, I asked them about switching back to my old phone, they told me to call them since it's a different size SIM, but I just used an adaptor and there's no problem

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

chriskader

Nov 29, 2009
Malvern
Impressive that they activated the old SIM. I'm assuming because its a different size that they did that. I've always had one burned. Hopefully their system finally accounts for that.

As for your NFC thing, the new SIM would have to deal with ISIS then, as I used NFC to pay on my M7 and on my GNEX for the last two years. So technically yes you will have NFC and it will work, just ISIS may not work.

I have always been able to recycle SIM cards on verizon

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tinaclair

Nov 26, 2016
I have Droid Bionic but just bought a HTC 8 will my Droid sim card work in the HTC 8? If I have to buy a new sim card for the HTC 8, how much are they? Thanks for any help.

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
I have Droid Bionic but just bought a HTC 8 will my Droid sim card work in the HTC 8? If I have to buy a new sim card for the HTC 8, how much are they? Thanks for any help.
The sim card you have won't work as is. You have a micro sim and the M8 uses a nano sim. That said, you can cut the sim you have down to the correct size so you can use it in the M8. There's all kinds of templates out there that you can use to do it. My guess is though, if you go to a Verizon store they'll probably give you a new one. I've done it once before. Got the new one for nothing. I've read where some people had to pay $10 to get a new one but I didn't have any problems getting one for nothing. It can't hurt to try cutting the one you have down to size though. If you mess up on it, then go to a store. Or, do that first and see what they say. Here's a link for you. It's your choice https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=micro sim to nano sim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    there's adapters on amazon to take your new nano sim and put it in phones that require a micro sim or other size. But i switch between my phones all the time and all it takes is putting in your current SIM card