Himalaya WM2005 AKU3.2 page pool size 16MB

Search This thread

c_shekhar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2005
hai logout!
I have managed to cook the AKU3.2 for Hima with 16MB page pool and 48MB RAMDisk. It looks great. But somhow I feel that it has not improved even a bit in device speed. It is same as it used to be with default pool size(5MB) and 64MB RAMDisk.
Can you elaborate a bit what role this page pool plays in the device ???

Attachments

• pc_capture1.jpg
    pc_capture1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 134
  • pc_capture2.jpg
    pc_capture2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 91
  • pc_capture3.jpg
    pc_capture3.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

logout

Apr 15, 2005
Hà Noi
As I posted in buzzdev, Ramdisk 48MB and Paging pool 16MB are OK, but Ram still don't reduce for Ramdisk. It is reason of speed not improved.
Try to reduce Ram from 72MB to 64MB, hex value in nk.nba not correct or not suitable.
Ram 72 + Ramdisk 48 + Paging pool 16 = 136MB instead of 128MB -> Conflict

c_shekhar

Jun 7, 2005
you seem to be right bro. It never struck me. I feel the 16MB page pool has not taken place correctly. I shall have to try once again after checking for the error...

c_shekhar

Jun 7, 2005
I have managed to cook AKU3.2 Hima ROM with 16MB pagepool and 48MB RAMDisk. It really works great and atleast 30% faster than the default page pool (5MB) and 64MB RAMDisk. It is simply great...Thanks to logout and bepe.......

1. Download nk.nba (Uncooked) for ROM Cooking
2. Download OS folder for ROM cooking
3. Download DEV folder for ROM Cooking
4. Download LOC folder for ROM Cooking
5. Download OEM folder for ROM Cooking

6. Download cooked ROM with 16MB PgPool and 48MB RAMDisk for HIMALAYA

Attachments

• pc_capture1.jpg
    pc_capture1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 183
  • pc_capture2.jpg
    pc_capture2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 167
  • pc_capture3.jpg
    pc_capture3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Kap6oHaT

Jan 10, 2006
I miss for one thing that was in MS bluetooth stack: when I was starting navigation soft (Igo , Destinator) or Phone , also bluetooth was starting up. in this one I should do that manually. Can you make it work in widdcom?

emay

Dec 10, 2003
Logout, thank you very much for this ROM. Sofar everything works very good. Just one question: is there a tweak to improve the startup time. Currently I need to wait about 5 seconds after turning on before I can start using it.
Thanks!

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
Logout, thank you very much for this ROM. Sofar everything works very good. Just one question: is there a tweak to improve the startup time. Currently I need to wait about 5 seconds after turning on before I can start using it.
Thanks!

This is a common problem with AKU 3 roms. They are sloooooowww. That's why today I returned to AKU 2.3. It's the fastest.

chiragpatwa

Jun 18, 2005
Mumbai
hi c_shekhar i m using tofclock 2.01a 64 wwe
i want to upgrade to the new one which rom u suggest ?

how abt u r new one its working fine ? any problem ?

Last edited:

c_shekhar

Jun 7, 2005
hi c_shekhar i m using tofclock 2.01a 64 wwe
i want to upgrade to the new one which rom u suggest ?

how abt u r new one its working fine ? any problem ?

Nowadays the AKU 3.2 is the latest. The one I have posted is also a naked ROM for AKU cooking. What you have is pre cooked ROM by tofclock. Whare as if you go for AKU series (either 2.3 or 3.0 or 3.2) you can cook the ROM with the progs of your choice and taste. You can try cooking your own. Get the more information from here--> http://buzzdev.net/component/option...view/id,25309/catid,64/limit,15/limitstart,0/ . If you wish to use my ROM you have to simply replace the \ROM\nk.nba from bepe's package by mine. It is not very difficult. You can give it a try. In case you face any difficulty/confusion you can PM me.

The_hesham

Jul 18, 2006
OK Page pool size 12MB only for test.

After test page pool size 16MB, rom work fast and can install all programs

Some features of this Rom:

- AKU3.2
- Page pool size 16MB
- Ram 77MB, Ramdisk 32MB
- Other softs are the same Tofclock's Rom v2.03a.32:
+ Smart Dialing
+ ZoomSMS, Missed call on today screen
+ GB-Soft Tweak
+ Camera + Record Fix
+ SMS alert fix
+ Sim manager
+ BT tray
+ Phone Scenarios
+ Phone recorder
+ Call filter
+ Data backup
+ Task manager
+ WM5 Mass Storage

pc_capture6.jpg
pc_capture1-4.jpg

DOWNLOAD

(Difficult to upload this Rom to FTP, some one download and help me upload it to FTP)

The link is not working???

phoebuz

Sep 2, 2006
For the rom in reply #15 is it really 16Mb of page pool size? because after unzip the file, the folder name is "Logout_Hima_WM2k5_3.20.32.16.WWE" but i read in the text file. It show:

Info:
==================================================
2.01a.32WWE
96 MB RAM
32 MB "Storage" Folder

sorry for my English
Thank you ^^

StarK_ppc

Mar 31, 2006
mobile4arab.com
logout :)

download

No download ????

Originally Posted by logout
OK Page pool size 12MB only for test.

After test page pool size 16MB, rom work fast and can install all programs

ahmedkom

Oct 15, 2005
Thank you very much guys for your work spicialy toLOGOUT and c_shekhar in this thread ,i think that it will be th best and the fastest rom if you can put
32MB Page pool
32MB Ramdisk
64MB Ram
they could get 32page pool and 16ramdisk on blueangel so i think it will not be so dificul to get that and i wish that you can post the dev file to give us the opretunity to modfy the rom and put the pakages that we wishand to exclude the others .
Thank you very much fo this wonderful work
Ahmedkom

logout

Apr 15, 2005
Hà Noi
@ahmedkom: In original WM2005 device: Universal - Page pool size 5MB, Wizard Page pool size 12MB. So Himalaya & Blue Angel page pool size 16MB are so much

@phoebuz: All features I posted in this thread.

c_shekhar

Jun 7, 2005
Thank you very much guys for your work spicialy toLOGOUT and c_shekhar in this thread ,i think that it will be th best and the fastest rom if you can put
32MB Page pool
32MB Ramdisk
64MB Ram
they could get 32page pool and 16ramdisk on blueangel so i think it will not be so dificul to get that and i wish that you can post the dev file to give us the opretunity to modfy the rom and put the pakages that we wishand to exclude the others .
Thank you very much fo this wonderful work
Ahmedkom

1. My dear 32MB page pool shall be sheer wastage of the precious resources available in your device.
2. I feel if we have 32MB RAMDisk and 70+ MB of program memory then also most of program memory remains idle and un-utilized.
3. I feel that if we not in the habit keeping open too many progs (8 and more) and are using any task manager then 30+ MB of program memory is more than sufficient.
4. Therefore 16MB pagepool with 48MBRAMDisk and 61MB program memory(RAM) seems to be an ideal combination.

mwilmar

Apr 22, 2004
Jakarta
fail to initial camera hardware....

This for test only.

- Page pool size 12MB
- Ramdisk 32MB
- AKU 3.2 extract From Uni & BA
- Some soft extract from Hima 2.03a.32

Thanks to Mamaich, Bepe, Tofclock, Ivan, Helmi for Tools & Rom

DOWNLOAD WM2005 V3.20.32.WWE

+ The AKU 3.2 is very good but this have
- No MMS
- it's often fail to initial camera hardware....
- a litle slow than before...