LG G3 Port (All Variants) -CloudyFa (Discussion)

Search This thread

Artifesto

Nov 7, 2010
Fort Walton Beach, FL
This is an amazing port of the stock LG G3 rom to our G2 devices by CloudyFa, for more information the original thread is HERE.

Features
Ported from LG G3 official ROM
CloudyKernel (linaro)
Odexed, zipaligned
Aroma installer
SuperSU
Busybox + runparts
init.d support
Debloated
AdAway host file
Latest GApps
LG G3 Camera (4k + MF + SloMo)
Buttons Combination
Brightness and Volume toggle
Split View
Calling Recorder
ART support
Knock Code support
Recovery support for KitKat

Changelogs
Initial Release

Requirements
Already had the kitkat baseband
Already read this post

Installation
Backup your ROM (if needed)
Full Wipe (Dalvik, Cache, System & Data)
Install the CloudyG3
Choose your variant in Aroma
Enjoy

Download Link and Screenshots are in the Original Thread

Last edited by a moderator:

hooover

Aug 3, 2008
State of VA
Sprint Users Be Aware

This is an amazing port of the stock LG G3 rom to our G2 devices by CloudyFa, for more information the original thread is HERE.

Features
CloudyKernel (linaro)
Odexed, zipaligned
Aroma installer
SuperSU
Busybox + runparts
init.d support
Debloated
AdAway host file
Latest GApps
Buttons Combination
Split View
Calling Recorder
ART support
Knock Code support

Changelogs
Initial Release

Requirements
Already read this post

Installation
Install the CloudyG3
Enjoy

Are you going to run support for this ROM over here, because the Sprint variant has large list of bugs that should be addressed?

To send SMS all Sprint users will need a 3rd party app.
JDI Panels or people with white lines need to flash Cloudy's kernel from the 2nd post.
FC throughout system settings...
GSM icons for networks are in status bar, data roam is not on, mobile data will not reflect usage, but is working.

What I Posted in the Original Thread:

Thanks for you hard work Cloudyfa, Happy Bday and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

I ran this for the LS980...JDI panel, White line issue, and all kernels threw a Security Error...Stand corrected the second post has compatible kernel mods for each varant in the FAQ...
USIM Toast is still present for stock messaging, but can use hangouts or w.e. and my phone ran hot as hell of initial boot, so I restored back up, and I made a back of the current setup, upon restoring CloudyG3 I applied his kernel fix, after about 15mins the kernel settled and device is cool again...
This is a beautiful UI and I cannot wait until some more details get ironed out...:
Mobile Networks menu still grayed out..
Roaming options, System Updates in settings menu throws FC
SIM not ready on Smart Notice app and clock app
Remote isn't setting up fully
Persistent GSM signal in Status bar- build prop change on ro.build.target_operator from, "your carrier", to, "Global", changes the icons, but also removes a few options under settings.
Only certain settings work for G2 tweakbox on Xposed Modules (Only Module I use) will report back on Gravity box later.

Just a heads up on the Sprint variant and JDI panels, thanks again for hard work @Cloudyfa
"This is what I have found, this is a port, so some things are broken or unfixed, I'll keep adding Sprint bugs here, logs even if someone would like them, but I do not have the knowledge to fix any of these issues".

Last edited:
Reactions: siggey

Artifesto

Nov 7, 2010
Fort Walton Beach, FL
I actually placed the Sprint kernel in the Tmo settings then installed as a tmobile variant because i use gsm service on my phone and have had no issues except NFC. Ill see if i can come up with some fixes for the Sprint variant though after fathers day is done

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
You can fix the SMS issue by changing the network operator from 'spr' to 'SPR' in the build.prop. However, I cannot make phone calls. In the pulldown menu, the device is stuck at downloading numerous languages and if you hold on it to open up app details, settings immediately FC. MMS doesn't work and I got off the wrong before testing anything else.

It's a shame that every single one of his ROMs aren't very compatible with Sprint. It's one of the times that being CDMA based really sucks.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Artifesto

Nov 7, 2010
Fort Walton Beach, FL
You can fix the SMS issue by changing the network operator from 'spr' to 'SPR' in the build.prop. However, I cannot make phone calls. In the pulldown menu, the device is stuck at downloading numerous languages and if you hold on it to open up app details, settings immediately FC. MMS doesn't work and I got off the wrong before testing anything else.

It's a shame that every single one of his ROMs aren't very compatible with Sprint. It's one of the times that being CDMA based really sucks.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I've incorporated the SPR you suggested into the build.prop, changed the kernel and a couple other things, I'm building it now and about to test it so hopefully things work. I have not gotten any message back from Cloudyfa if I can tweak and upload a version specifically for the Sprint variant but I think with the list of issues it needs to be done since he wants to support the Sprint variant but does not have a device to test on.

Artifesto

Nov 7, 2010
Fort Walton Beach, FL
I've incorporated the SPR you suggested into the build.prop, changed the kernel and a couple other things, I'm building it now and about to test it so hopefully things work. I have not gotten any message back from Cloudyfa if I can tweak and upload a version specifically for the Sprint variant but I think with the list of issues it needs to be done since he wants to support the Sprint variant but does not have a device to test on.

Everything was going great until..

4X0w8uRl.jpg

this Rom WAS awesome. I used the fix to build prop to SPR to fix messaging. I used messaging plus to send and receive MMS. I just could not find a way to get around dialer FC's upon use. I will swiftly flash this back if someone can figure out how to get the dialer to work. Thanks for all the hard work Cloudyfa and Artifesto.

Well just reflashed this port. Settings fc when selecting roaming and system updates. Shows SIM not ready at boot. Found that some app was breaking the dailer.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1402927215338.jpg
    1402927215338.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 460
  • 1402927227934.jpg
    1402927227934.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 444
  • 1402927240654.jpg
    1402927240654.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 428
  • 1402927295336.jpg
    1402927295336.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 425
  • 1402927307194.jpg
    1402927307194.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 410

barleysoda

Jul 1, 2010
NorCal
I was able to use the Dorimanx Kernel with this LG3 port.
I was able to get data working after some build.prop edits but the dialer always forced closed. I could receive calls but I couldn't make them. I have the lgit panel so I didn't have any issues with dorimanx for sprint. I wonder why wont the dorimanx kernel wont work with cloudys port?

hooover

Aug 3, 2008
State of VA
Well just reflashed this port. Settings fc when selecting roaming and system updates. Shows SIM not ready at boot. Found that some app was breaking the dailer.

The settings issues are known many of the features in Settings fc for now...SIM not ready and the dialer have a lot to do with this being a Port from a Korean variant as a base ROM, I read somewhere that it is suggested there needs to be RIL edits done, but I have no knowledge of this kind of stuff...

I was able to use the Dorimanx Kernel with this LG3 port.
I was able to get data working after some build.prop edits but the dialer always forced closed. I could receive calls but I couldn't make them. I have the lgit panel so I didn't have any issues with dorimanx for sprint. I wonder why wont the dorimanx kernel wont work with cloudys port?

I had Data with the stock Kernel, there was no need for a edit of build prop and the dialer worked fine, what edit did you use?

My best guess is that Kernel source hasn't been released yet. This is a Port from a Korean variant, I believe that all of his work comes from the same Base ROM. Which means that there would be a incompatibility between the kernels being built for different base ROMs...being that you have a lgit panel, I would suggest that if you want to run the G3 port you stay on the stock kernels or the ones provided by Cloudy himself...

Let me say, if hangouts is used for sms this can be used as a daily, I used it all day yesterday and today with no hiccups...those toast notifications for the No SIM do not show for sms if you use hangouts and mms works as well. If you are annoyed by the constant GSM notification you can try this

"Persistent GSM signal in Status bar- build prop change on ro.build.target_operator from, "your carrier", to, "Global", changes the icons, but also removes a few options under settings."

But be forewarned even though this particular edit is safe, certain edits can brick your device, so be careful...

Last edited:
Reactions: sclarktay4
For ls980 owners. I found that changing carrier in build prop from spr to TMO and Com to GLOBAL there are minimal issues. Still settings and roaming fc. Will still get sim not ready warning. But dialer works and stock sms works. You will still need a 3rd party mms app for pics and stuff. Just wanted to help as much as i can. Thanks cloudy and everyone else involved.

Spaniard85

Jul 16, 2010
Has anyone had any luck getting a Bluetooth headset to work? My Tone Pros causes Bluetooth to crash.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features
    CloudyKernel (linaro)
    Odexed, zipaligned
    Aroma installer
    SuperSU
    Busybox + runparts
    init.d support
    Debloated
    AdAway host file
    Latest GApps
    Buttons Combination
    Split View
    Calling Recorder
    ART support
    Knock Code support

Changelogs
    Initial Release

Requirements
    Already read this post

Installation
    Install the CloudyG3
    Enjoy

Sent from my LG-LS980

I think I may ditch the Cloudyfa port and start from scratch with a LG G3 .tot file, extract the system partition and start from there, unless somebody has a better idea?
    I actually placed the Sprint kernel in the Tmo settings then installed as a tmobile variant because i use gsm service on my phone and have had no issues except NFC. Ill see if i can come up with some fixes for the Sprint variant though after fathers day is done
    Sprint Users Be Aware

Features
    CloudyKernel (linaro)
    Odexed, zipaligned
    Aroma installer
    SuperSU
    Busybox + runparts
    init.d support
    Debloated
    AdAway host file
    Latest GApps
    Buttons Combination
    Split View
    Calling Recorder
    ART support
    Knock Code support

Changelogs
    Initial Release

Requirements
    Already read this post

Installation
    Install the CloudyG3
    Enjoy

Are you going to run support for this ROM over here, because the Sprint variant has large list of bugs that should be addressed?

To send SMS all Sprint users will need a 3rd party app.
    JDI Panels or people with white lines need to flash Cloudy's kernel from the 2nd post.
    FC throughout system settings...
    GSM icons for networks are in status bar, data roam is not on, mobile data will not reflect usage, but is working.

What I Posted in the Original Thread:

Thanks for you hard work Cloudyfa, Happy Bday and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

I ran this for the LS980...JDI panel, White line issue, and all kernels threw a Security Error...Stand corrected the second post has compatible kernel mods for each varant in the FAQ...
    USIM Toast is still present for stock messaging, but can use hangouts or w.e. and my phone ran hot as hell of initial boot, so I restored back up, and I made a back of the current setup, upon restoring CloudyG3 I applied his kernel fix, after about 15mins the kernel settled and device is cool again...
    This is a beautiful UI and I cannot wait until some more details get ironed out...:
    Mobile Networks menu still grayed out..
    Roaming options, System Updates in settings menu throws FC
    SIM not ready on Smart Notice app and clock app
    Remote isn't setting up fully
    Persistent GSM signal in Status bar- build prop change on ro.build.target_operator from, "your carrier", to, "Global", changes the icons, but also removes a few options under settings.
    Only certain settings work for G2 tweakbox on Xposed Modules (Only Module I use) will report back on Gravity box later.

Just a heads up on the Sprint variant and JDI panels, thanks again for hard work @Cloudyfa
    "This is what I have found, this is a port, so some things are broken or unfixed, I'll keep adding Sprint bugs here, logs even if someone would like them, but I do not have the knowledge to fix any of these issues".