[Project] [15-Nov-2009] Linux Android on Blackstone by #htc-linux team

Search This thread

wickedazz

Aug 5, 2008
ok thanks
ill give it a shot^^
i will tell you in about 15 mins how it has worked...
anyway - ive just ordered my sandisk 8gb class2 3 minutes ago :)

cu in a few mins

mcdull

Feb 15, 2007
Hong Kong
Can anyone please confirm...
I found auto backlight works even if my winmo set to auto with my Energy 6.5 ROM. (latest kernel and package)

wickedazz

Aug 5, 2008
after a first run, i can say: I didnt work for me :-(
but maybe ive been waiting too less...
now its plugged for about 12 minutes - next try

hopefully, wickedazz

______________edit:

ok - NO CHANCE...
just waiting for the postman's ringing on my door....
i hope latest date will be on wednesday :-(

Good night evryone

Last edited:

mitikos

Sep 24, 2008
Can anyone please confirm...
I found auto backlight works even if my winmo set to auto with my Energy 6.5 ROM. (latest kernel and package)

Actually u have NOT to set it auto in WiMo, anyway we know the screen is not turning completly off, but still is a good step forward to have it like this, it surely uses less battery :)
We are trying to fix it better

Enjoy :)

mcdull

Feb 15, 2007
Hong Kong
Actually u have NOT to set it auto in WiMo, anyway we know the screen is not turning completly off, but still is a good step forward to have it like this, it surely uses less battery :)
We are trying to fix it better

Enjoy :)

What I mean it whether I set auto or not in winmo doesn't really matter, it behaves he same in Android, which controls the backlight based on the light sensor.

I suggest next priority would be the power management. (It still can't be charged right now)

roxz

Feb 2, 2009
Hey looking pretty good i am just getting stuck after running haret, I get a screen saying:

"Launch a script file. Default path is the same where the executable lives."

In the text box is default.exe and when I click run I get:

"Cannot open script file\storage card\default.txt"

all the icons such as start my battery etc are at the bottom of the screen along with the keyboard icon and it will not let me click the keyboard icon to change "default.txt", I have carried out the instructions as followed and retried. I would really like to help out on this project as many attempts have failed in the past.

Thanks you so much!

mcdull

Feb 15, 2007
Hong Kong
I have tried starting camera app in Android. Greendish screen with noise in the preview area. And I were able to quite and continue use the android.
After 20mins, I reset it to winmo. No issue at all.
I am using WM6.5 Energy ROM

kendalfung

Oct 19, 2009
tried. when screen off, seems can't on again, is it the power button bug?
And the rom can support chinese? or any app can plugin for chinese?

riri22

Jul 17, 2007
tried. when screen off, seems can't on again, is it the power button bug?
And the rom can support chinese? or any app can plugin for chinese?

you have to insist. Press the power button several times, during ten seconds or so and try to push the hardware buttons at the bottom of the phone too.

Be patient, after a while, they start to react and then the screen turn back on again.

I have the name of some songs in Chinese or Japanese that are displayed correctly, so I guess the ROM support Asian language fonts.

mcdull

Feb 15, 2007
Hong Kong
Hey looking pretty good i am just getting stuck after running haret, I get a screen saying:

"Launch a script file. Default path is the same where the executable lives."

In the text box is default.exe and when I click run I get:

"Cannot open script file\storage card\default.txt"

all the icons such as start my battery etc are at the bottom of the screen along with the keyboard icon and it will not let me click the keyboard icon to change "default.txt", I have carried out the instructions as followed and retried. I would really like to help out on this project as many attempts have failed in the past.

Thanks you so much!

copy blackstone.txt from startup folder to startup.txt

kendalfung

Oct 19, 2009
which version you are using? I can't show any chinese or Japanese in my folders.
have 2 versions??

you have to insist. Press the power button several times, during ten seconds or so and try to push the hardware buttons at the bottom of the phone too.

Be patient, after a while, they start to react and then the screen turn back on again.

I have the name of some songs in Chinese or Japanese that are displayed correctly, so I guess the ROM support Asian language fonts.

Zaza le Nounours

Dec 22, 2008
Paris
Too bad it's still not working with my Transcend 8GB µSD card. I tried to run haret.exe after a ten minutes charge like suggested in post #120, but no luck, I still have the "Waiting for SD Card" message during boot.

I guess I now have to wait for my mom to get her new Tattoo to play with an Android phone...

auss81

Dec 28, 2008
Brolo (ME)
Good morning! Latest report about testing latest release:

No problems about camera and vol buttons in WinMo 6.5

LCD turn on, but you have to keep pressing "LCD off" button and menu button for about 8 seconds to turn it on again. It seems that the system react slowly when it is in sleep mode, that is a "deep" sleep mode.

Data working, but: to keep it working I had to turn on the "data on when roaming" option in "Network settings". Data icon in home title bar is static but data works perfectly.

Bluetooth is working.

Battery recharge is working.

Accelerometer and screen rotation is working.

No problem booting Haret on WinMo 6.5. (obviously using the right startup file).

Sandisk 8 GB sd card is working.

No audio problems.

This release seems to me smoother and faster than previous ones.

WiFi still not working. It turn on, but after few seconds it turn off again

I'm using the latest updated release, You can find all files in the first post. WinMo 6.5 is XannyTech GRID 2.1

Sebastiano

auss81

Dec 28, 2008
Brolo (ME)
1.wifi stops working always, have to renable it.
2.when we can get Android 2.0 for HD?

thanks for hardwork.

Uhm :rolleyes: phhusson said that Android 2.0 source code is not yet available, it will be released but not immediately, so we have to wait....

BTW phhusson is doing a great job with Android 1.6, I think it will be enough at the moment that 1.6 can run consistently and with all features enabled :)

I'm so happy that this project is going well and right...... the only "unexplainable mistery" is what happened to bairro's blackstone.....because all other blackstones are working well in WinMo after Android installation :confused:

Sebastiano

Top Liked Posts