Root or non-root?!

Search This thread

Kenshiro79

Jun 7, 2012
www.outofbit.it
I apologize in advance if I'm wrong to post ..

Good morning everyone. I would like to take off a question? I'm going to buy the Z2, but it is true that once you have root you can not restore the warranty?

Send from my Nexus 5 white 32Gb

Last edited:

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012

Good morning everyone. I would like to take off a question? I'm going to buy the Z2, but it is true that once you have root you can not restore the warranty?

Yes .. as far as i understand, to root you need to unlock the bootloader and at the moment there is no way to back up the DRM keys. so you cant restore back to stock, thus voiding the warranty. there may well be a way around this once the devs get to work, but at the moment in time you cant ! :crying:

Reactions: Kenshiro79

Kenshiro79

Jun 7, 2012
www.outofbit.it
Yes .. as far as i understand, to root you need to unlock the bootloader and at the moment there is no way to back up the DRM keys. so you cant restore back to stock, thus voiding the warranty. there may well be a way around this once the devs get to work, but at the moment in time you cant ! :crying:

Too bad! Then wait for some developer that solves it. Thanks

Maddhouse

Jul 26, 2012
West Sussex
I agree, rooting needs a unlocked bootloader which you can't back up the TA partition this time round like some off the older devices, It has gone though my mind about Sod the warranty and let's unlock it but last week my XZ had to go in for warranty which I backed up my TA before Unlocking (little worried due to it was still in the alpha stage). After relocating and going back to stock Sony didn't say anything

In my eyes I believe the Z2 isn't available in all countries yet ( like USA) where alot of cookers / devs come from. Just wait becuase you will only be kicking yourself down the line in a couple of months time

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Since there is no way to backup TA i will also wait..
    Love my Z2 and don't want to risk anything :p