[Q] Where to start? Unlock, root, rom

Search This thread

Vitamin_D

May 13, 2012
My dad used to work for Cellular One and got a Sensation from work. It works with a T-mobile sim so I'm guessing that it's a global type phone since Cell One worked with ATT. He wants to give the phone to my mom but wants to get rid of sense. What is the easiest way to unlock and root and rom is the most stable? Sorry if this has been answered 100 times. I have rooted my Incredible, Rezound and Nexus 4 but that wasa because I did it as soon as I got the phone.

Vitamin_D

May 13, 2012
So the phone has Revolutionary and S-off already. Does this mean the phone is ready for a rom?

v.konvict

Dec 1, 2012
Mwanza
Yepp just make sure u running the latest 4ext recovery and u can install

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

If u using 4ext recovery already use the 4ext updater app to see if its up to date....u can get it at 4ext.net

Vitamin_D

May 13, 2012
Yepp just make sure u running the latest 4ext recovery and u can install

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

If u using 4ext recovery already use the 4ext updater app to see if its up to date....u can get it at 4ext.net

Do you know if I can just use the cyanogemod installer? That's basically all I think he needs. I don't want to get to involved in this project. Thanks.