DIY Acer a500 Cases, Sleeves & Covers

Search This thread

gammaRascal

Apr 21, 2011
SoCal
I know I'm not the only one to reapropriate some old leather.

attachment.php

Are you working on your own DIY cover or case? Or maybe a frame?

Maybe you have some ideas but not sure how to start? Or maybe you already made one :)

Post'em if you got'em.

Attachments

• gammaRascals_cover.jpg
    gammaRascals_cover.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 5,444
Last edited:

gammaRascal

Apr 21, 2011
SoCal

It only took a few hours to do. While it's not protective like a hard-case, it'll keep the dust off it as a place to store. It feels nice in the hand, has a better grip than just the tablet alone and looks classy. The tablet slips in and out easily and the added moleskin elastic band helps the flap from flopping around.

jessec

Aug 23, 2008
Love the knit sleeve - I had a sleeve by Rogue Theory via Etsy for my iPad, it wasn't knit but it fit really snug which I liked.. Can't find anything like it for the Iconia, so this knit one would likely be just about perfect! I don't want a hassle with zippers or velcro!

Thanks for the great idea!

SoHaunted

Oct 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Not self made but I recycled a 10.2 inch netbook sleeping bag for my a500. I don't really care for skins, folio cases or silicon covers as I like the look and feel of my tablet so the bag works perfect for me, it's not a super snug fit but i welcome the extra space for my cleaning cloth and earbuds.

I got it for like 6 bucks at Ross ;)

rsz1092811095756.jpg

P.S.

That knitted sleeve is pretty creative but I wonder how well it would protect the tab if dropped.

Last edited:

Biologos

Sep 23, 2010
Well, if it's going to get carried on the train or something like that, I put it in a netbook case, for the extra protection. But, to be honest, I don't think it makes much of a difference, so I try not to drop it at all :)

jodokus77

Oct 5, 2011
My DIY sleeve and Stand

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my DIY sleeve and stand with you.

The sleeve is nothing fancy but the cloth / foam / cloth sandwich construction makes it highly shock-absorbing. I used wrapping foam found in bubble wrap envelopes

the stand is a PU foam core with cloth cover. I used the official stand as a model, so the 70° "film watching" and 20° "reading" angles are the same.

Attachments

• sleeve.jpg
    sleeve.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 301
  • sleeve2.jpg
    sleeve2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 239
  • stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 266
  • stand1.jpg
    stand1.jpg