[Q] HTC One M8 : Unable to update to 4.4.3

Search This thread

iWinDroid

Aug 4, 2014
I have downloaded the full update of about 650 MB. But now I'm unable to install the update. When I go to Install now option, it ends up on the Bootloader menu. It shows Tampered Locked Security warning (see pictures). I neither tried to root the device nor tried to unlock the bootloader . I don't know what to do now. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20140731_222104683.jpg
    IMG_20140731_222104683.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 155

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Was the phone purchased new from a reputable seller? Meaning, is it possible a previous owner unlocked the bootloader (root, s-off, etc.), than changed the LOCKED and S-ON flags?

If not, its very odd indeed to have TAMPERED if it was purchased new from your carrier or similar reliable source.

What happens if you select HBOOT from the menu and go into recovery?

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
The top line says tempered... Might be unlocked or the recovery is not stock... Try doing whats written in the Post above mine...

I have downloaded the full update of about 650 MB. But now I'm unable to install the update. When I go to Install now option, it ends up on the Bootloader menu. It shows Tampered Locked Security warning (see pictures). I neither tried to root the device nor tried to unlock the bootloader . I don't know what to do now. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

IDK how I got the tampered banner off mine. I do not have S-off so I couldn't do any of the tricks, I think Locking the bootloader, flashing stock recovery, and flashing the stock ruu must of done the trick.