Omni ROM System updates discussion/bug report

Search This thread

raydha

Jun 30, 2010
omni asylum 4.4 n7000 - add exchange account

Hi,
I just upgrade my n7000 to omni 4.4 asylum kitkat .
I am having a problem to add exchange email account.
There is no option to add account. Please advice. Thanks

xblade002003

Dec 18, 2013
update issue

after the update started automatically i taped on flash but nothing happened so i had to flash it via twrp

mcbotha

Apr 10, 2008
USB device error

First off, great ROM, been using it for a couple of months on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300 international) and loving the cutting edge.

I do want to report an issue with the USB connection on both Windows 8 and Ubuntu (13.10, 14.04 and PearOS 8) where the device is not recognized and it gets very annoying in Windows 8 where the bell keeps on ringing as long as the device is plugged in.

Anyone else noticed this?

thurst306

Apr 7, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I'm being told I'm on the latest version, when I shouldn't be!

First off, here's my information:

MODEL NUMBER
GT-N7100

TWRP VERSION

OMNI VERSION
4.4.2-20140217-n7100-NIGHTLY

BUILD NUMBER
omni_n7100-userdebug 4.4.2 KVT49L 146 test-keys

Checking the Omni version that means I haven't had an update sine Feb. 2, which is weird. I usually get an update every night (even if there are no commits.. it just... updates.) But for a long while I got nothing. Thought that maybe development has just slowed down, but on Monday I decided to check and found there have been updates since, but I've just not got them.

Am I the only person here with that problem?

I tried what @bleggy said to do, but it didn't work (maybe I did something wrong.. I dunno). Other than that the phone runs fine, minus the odd reboot every now and then (not often.. maybe once a week or so).

Also if this is the wrong thread I'm posting please let me know and I'll happily delete this and go to the correct thread.

edit:
Some further information: When I click "Check now ..." in Opendelta it checks, but tells me that my system is up to date. I tried taking off secure and checking, but no dice. I also checked the networks and Wi-Fi & Ethernet are both turned on so that shouldn't be the problem either.

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
First off, here's my information:

MODEL NUMBER
GT-N7100

TWRP VERSION

OMNI VERSION
4.4.2-20140217-n7100-NIGHTLY

BUILD NUMBER
omni_n7100-userdebug 4.4.2 KVT49L 146 test-keys

Checking the Omni version that means I haven't had an update sine Feb. 2, which is weird. I usually get an update every night (even if there are no commits.. it just... updates.) But for a long while I got nothing. Thought that maybe development has just slowed down, but on Monday I decided to check and found there have been updates since, but I've just not got them.

Am I the only person here with that problem?

I tried what @bleggy said to do, but it didn't work (maybe I did something wrong.. I dunno). Other than that the phone runs fine, minus the odd reboot every now and then (not often.. maybe once a week or so).

Also if this is the wrong thread I'm posting please let me know and I'll happily delete this and go to the correct thread.

edit:
Some further information: When I click "Check now ..." in Opendelta it checks, but tells me that my system is up to date. I tried taking off secure and checking, but no dice. I also checked the networks and Wi-Fi & Ethernet are both turned on so that shouldn't be the problem either.
t0lte and I think n7100 feb18 nightlies were removed for various reasons. That broke the opendelta update chain - users of these devices must manually update past feb18.

I think opendelta had a feature to handle situations like this but we forgot to use it. :)

thurst306

Apr 7, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
So.. what happens if I download the latest nightly and flash manually?

t0lte and I think n7100 feb18 nightlies were removed for various reasons. That broke the opendelta update chain - users of these devices must manually update past feb18.

I think opendelta had a feature to handle situations like this but we forgot to use it. :)

So, then, if I flash the latest nightly alone will I get all the updates I missed? Or will I have to go and download each nightly since my updates stopped and flash each one, one after the other?

Also if I update manually will my OTA updates start working again? Or is there no way to know that just yet?

Finally: what was the feature that Opendelta had for this? And how can I use it? :p

Thanks for the quick reply!

edit:
Got it working! ...sort of. I flashed yesterday's nightly then my phone found the latest nightly, but didn't flash it. Had to do that manually after it rebooted into TWRP. I reloaded after setting the default location, though, so tomorrow I hope it works fine.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P.S. is there a site to report bugs? I'll love to bookmark that site and report a bug every other day.

http://jira.omnirom.org/
    Sometimes on my GT-N7000 (which has the latest Omnirom 4.4.2 2014-01-31), when I'm listening to music (either on the buildt in app or the PowerAmp) my phone randomly crashes and reboots. This can occur once a day if I'm listening to music. But the music app themselves can also crash, and to fix it I must stop the processes in the settings menu to be able to play again. Does the occur for anyone else?

Thanks

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2612329
    Hi guys,

New user here. I am not sure if this is the right way to reach the developers for Omni ROM but I hope it is.
    I've recently started using Omni ROM and I absolutely love it. On January 18, 2014 you fixed a major problem I was having; having to re-root my phone manually after each update. However, my other issue is that system updates do not automatically flash itself on my phone.

I originally didn't know why, but I found out after installing Philz recovery and seeing the error log that the ROM was searching for OpenDelta\ROM.zip when it should be searching for sdcard\OpenDelta\ROM.zip in order to flash the update automatically.

I am using a Samsung S3 (i9300), if that makes a difference. I would love to see this issue resolved and I hope I can be of further help in the future.

Use TWRP and everything will be fine....It updates OTA
    TWRP has a 4.4.2 compatible version, I'm using it with OMNI ROM and it's 4.4.2 version. See their site:
    http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
    Can you guide me how to reset the same in TWRP - new to all this.

many thanks,
    Z

its easy.
    just reboot into twrp
    browse to opendelta folder
    or just internal.
    reboot system.
    if the last folder you were in
    was your external or whatever
    the update script wont run.