Plz Help! HTC One Stuck On Start Up Screen

Search This thread

foreveryours117

Mar 25, 2014
I went to install the most recent up date. When it got done installing it started to reboot. It then got stuck on the HTC start up screen. I do not know a whole bunch on phones but did a little research and tried to recover and reboot the phone and neither worked. I would really like to find a fix that does not involve erasing all my data. I have all the pictures of my baby from the past year, from the time that he was born until now, and I would really hate to lose those. Thank you!

hooover

Aug 3, 2008
State of VA
I went to install the most recent up date. When it got done installing it started to reboot. It then got stuck on the HTC start up screen. I do not know a whole bunch on phones but did a little research and tried to recover and reboot the phone and neither worked. I would really like to find a fix that does not involve erasing all my data. I have all the pictures of my baby from the past year, from the time that he was born until now, and I would really hate to lose those. Thank you!

Maybe some more information... what ROM, was this a stock OTA? If you have custom recovery and are attempting to flash a custom ROM, then try to reflash...if you have lost your data already or to avoid data loss;try side-loading a ROM...can't tell you much from what I've read, but if you can hold power+ volume down simultaneously for about 15 secs you should end up in recovery, if you installed a custom recovery; e.g.Philz, TWRP, CWM...then you'll pop up there....

It is safe to say that if you don't have any of these custom recoveries then you'll need to use the RUU found in the Dev section....

Devilish_Angel

Nov 15, 2012

... by the look of you message, it feels you havent unlocked your bootloader and here i will be happy to be wrong. if you have already then you got a bright chance of flashing a custom recovery via fastboot and retrieving your data mounting the storage from recovery ...

foreveryours117

Mar 25, 2014
... by the look of you message, it feels you havent unlocked your bootloader and here i will be happy to be wrong. if you have already then you got a bright chance of flashing a custom recovery via fastboot and retrieving your data mounting the storage from recovery ...

No I have not done this. I am assuming there is no way to do that at this point?

foreveryours117

Mar 25, 2014
Maybe some more information... what ROM, was this a stock OTA? If you have custom recovery and are attempting to flash a custom ROM, then try to reflash...if you have lost your data already or to avoid data loss;try side-loading a ROM...can't tell you much from what I've read, but if you can hold power+ volume down simultaneously for about 15 secs you should end up in recovery, if you installed a custom recovery; e.g.Philz, TWRP, CWM...then you'll pop up there....

It is safe to say that if you don't have any of these custom recoveries then you'll need to use the RUU found in the Dev section....

I am sorry, I am completely stupid when it comes to phone. I know that I have not done any customizations. It is not rooted and would not have a custom ROM, not quite sure what that is. Everything should be stock. So what would I have to do to do the option that you have stated? I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

playonword

Oct 14, 2013
does your pc recognize the the phone when you plug it in? you could try extracting the data like stated before, but you're not rooted so that'd be a problem. an ruu would be your best bet, even though you'll lose your data. I HIGHLY suggest creating a dropbox and backing up your photos, it has done wonders for me.

foreveryours117

Mar 25, 2014
does your pc recognize the the phone when you plug it in? you could try extracting the data like stated before, but you're not rooted so that'd be a problem. an ruu would be your best bet, even though you'll lose your data. I HIGHLY suggest creating a dropbox and backing up your photos, it has done wonders for me.

It recognizes it to an extent. My computer will ding recognizing that it is plugged in but since it does not go past the start up screen you can't get into the phone storage. I do have a dropbox but with the thousands of pictures on my phone it unfortunately only stored a month or so of pictures. I am not so much worried about the phone, as I have insurance on it and can get it replaced. Just really want the pictures. When looking online I had read something about unlocking the boot menu and downloading a ROM I believe. Do you know anything about that and if it would work for me? Or is that the same thing as the RUU?

shizzel1211

Jan 17, 2013
Mine gets stuck on boot screen occasionally. Sounds weird but hold the phone drectly up to a light bulb and try to reboot the phone. This works for my particular problem. Not sure why but it does.

tdhite

Dec 4, 2012
DFW
It recognizes it to an extent. My computer will ding recognizing that it is plugged in but since it does not go past the start up screen you can't get into the phone storage. I do have a dropbox but with the thousands of pictures on my phone it unfortunately only stored a month or so of pictures. I am not so much worried about the phone, as I have insurance on it and can get it replaced. Just really want the pictures. When looking online I had read something about unlocking the boot menu and downloading a ROM I believe. Do you know anything about that and if it would work for me? Or is that the same thing as the RUU?

Hold power and vol-down together until it reboots into bootloader. Connect to USB and select 'fastboot' on the bootloader menu. That should get you to fastboot. From there, you can HTCDEV unlock the thing (in all likelihood).