Google Play Music in Canada

Search This thread

millicent

Apr 25, 2012
Montreal
to my fellow canadians that get their news (or some of them) from xda, the Google play music is finally available here. it comes with one month free subscription to unlimited music..

rock on

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

JLishere

Oct 30, 2010
Montreal
flavors.me
Anyone having the same problem as me?

I originally signed up for All Access using a US credit card.
Now that it's available in Canada, I can't switch.
My Google Wallet seems tied to the US.
I was able to change my home address, add and verify a Canadian credit card, set it as default.
But when I try to re-activate All Access, it won't recognize it, and the currency still shows up as USD.
Isn't there a way to change this ?

millicent

Apr 25, 2012
Montreal
Anyone having the same problem as me?

I originally signed up for All Access using a US credit card.
Now that it's available in Canada, I can't switch.
My Google Wallet seems tied to the US.
I was able to change my home address, add and verify a Canadian credit card, set it as default.
But when I try to re-activate All Access, it won't recognize it, and the currency still shows up as USD.
Isn't there a way to change this ?

I assume you tried already new Google account + new Canadian cc + cc address? Otherwise give the wallet support a call, they should be able to help. good luck

JLishere

Oct 30, 2010
Montreal
flavors.me
I assume you tried already new Google account + new Canadian cc + cc address? Otherwise give the wallet support a call, they should be able to help. good luck

I will contact them. I'd rather have my Wallet account migrated (they can switch currency, but manually).

I use one Google account for everything; including Play Store, Android, Gmail, Google+, Photos, YouTube, etc. so creating a new account just to get music is out of the question.

mumbhai55

Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
I will contact them. I'd rather have my Wallet account migrated (they can switch currency, but manually).

I use one Google account for everything; including Play Store, Android, Gmail, Google+, Photos, YouTube, etc. so creating a new account just to get music is out of the question.

any luck for you?

I think I'm in same boat as you. But I never signed up for All Access before. I simply enabled Google Music while I was in USA and kept using it for uploading music and claim free music.

Now I'm trying to sign up and it just give me USD price, however if I want to buy any music, it works fine as my default cc is selected and Buy button is blue. While signing up for All Access shows no supported method of payment and Buy button is grayed out.

I'll give support call as well.

JLishere

Oct 30, 2010
Montreal
flavors.me
any luck for you?

I think I'm in same boat as you. But I never signed up for All Access before. I simply enabled Google Music while I was in USA and kept using it for uploading music and claim free music.

Now I'm trying to sign up and it just give me USD price, however if I want to buy any music, it works fine as my default cc is selected and Buy button is blue. While signing up for All Access shows no supported method of payment and Buy button is grayed out.

I'll give support call as well.

No resolution yet, but apparently, there are thousands of users with this problem (method of payment is greyed out when attempting to sign up for All Access, and Google Wallet thinks we're trying to buy a US subscription). I got the issue escalated to technical/engineering, and I hear reports of users with the same response. They will manually change our Google Wallet account to CAD currency.

There seems to be another bug with people who have a Google Play balance in USD (from an old Nexus purchase in the US, or a US gift card). Those users can't be switched. But Google is working on a fix to allow them to convert their balance in another currency, and therefore, be able to switch subscriptions to their home country.

mumbhai55

Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
No resolution yet, but apparently, there are thousands of users with this problem (method of payment is greyed out when attempting to sign up for All Access, and Google Wallet thinks we're trying to buy a US subscription). I got the issue escalated to technical/engineering, and I hear reports of users with the same response. They will manually change our Google Wallet account to CAD currency.

There seems to be another bug with people who have a Google Play balance in USD (from an old Nexus purchase in the US, or a US gift card). Those users can't be switched. But Google is working on a fix to allow them to convert their balance in another currency, and therefore, be able to switch subscriptions to their home country.

So I called em too. Got same response, gonna put my name in list of people who have this problem.

JLishere

Oct 30, 2010
Montreal
flavors.me
Just an update for anyone following this :

As of June 11th, Google has issued a fix that prevented users from changing their home address in Wallet if they had a Google Play balance..

We're pushing a fix for one of the issues that was preventing users from updating their Wallet home address. Starting today, having a Google Play balance should no longer prevent you from changing your Google Wallet home address.

I was able to re-subscribe to Google Music All-Access on the Canadian side, and also got the promo price of $7.99, which is good until June 30th.

:good: