[Q] Home button doesn't work

Search This thread

RossPeterson

Dec 13, 2013
I'm using Amazon Tate CM11 on my Kindle Fire and everything was going smoothly. After a few of the official updates, I don't recall which one, my home button stopped working. Everything else works fine. When I downgrade to previous updates, nothing gets fixed. Thank you for the help.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Hashcode did say this next update would not be for the faint of heart. Might want to jump back an update or two.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: RossPeterson

RossPeterson

Dec 13, 2013
Where did Hashcode say that? And I'm sorry, it's been a long time, I rooted and flashed using a youtube video back in March, so I'm not famiiar with anything. How do I do the fix?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Reboot into recovery and hit wipe, choose advanced, only check cache and dalvik cache.if you want a easy way to get into recovery you can use "adb reboot recovery" or enable developer menu and check off advanced reboot and your reboot menu in cm will give you the option. There's always the normal waybas well, hood volume up as soon as you turn the kindle on until you see the twrp logo. I think it is volume up, might be volume down, I don't do it that way much so it is hard to remember.

Also to refer to the question about hashcode, he said it on the cm 11 thread as a heads up on the latest nightly that he would be rolling out.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

RossPeterson

Dec 13, 2013
Reboot into recovery and hit wipe, choose advanced, only check cache and dalvik cache.if you want a easy way to get into recovery you can use "adb reboot recovery" or enable developer menu and check off advanced reboot and your reboot menu in cm will give you the option. There's always the normal waybas well, hood volume up as soon as you turn the kindle on until you see the twrp logo. I think it is volume up, might be volume down, I don't do it that way much so it is hard to remember.

Also to refer to the question about hashcode, he said it on the cm 11 thread as a heads up on the latest nightly that he would be rolling out.

It was the volume up button. I followed your instructions, didn't work. Also, the top right menu doesn't pull down, which was a problem I had from the start of the home button problem as well.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I hate to reccomend a factory reset but you might want to go into twrp and factory reset it under wipe. Just backup any appdata for apps you want to save the data off of like games, I think you can do it with titanium backup, I just do it manually myself.

RossPeterson

Dec 13, 2013
I hate to reccomend a factory reset but you might want to go into twrp and factory reset it under wipe. Just backup any appdata for apps you want to save the data off of like games, I think you can do it with titanium backup, I just do it manually myself.

I really appreciate the help. I've gone into twrp, wiped system, data, and both the cache, factory reset, and tried installing the latest zip. It says "unable to open zip file," even after doing it through adb sideload.

RossPeterson

Dec 13, 2013
FIXED

FIXED. I did a complete factory reset, I installed Flash Fire and reset through there. For some reason, THAT worked. Reboot into recovery after flash fire wipe and twrp did the rest. TWRP alone couldn't do it, I guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you try wiping cache and dalvik cache from twrp after downgrading?

Hashcode did say this next update would not be for the faint of heart. Might want to jump back an update or two.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app