Asus new Padfone

Search This thread

cty.stuart

Jun 13, 2009
The fairly sure comes from the official keynote from asus chairman in mwc barcelona, the official asus website, and the user experience (it's bright but under sunlight, it is not as bright as the super amoled plus devices).

The video u have is a 3rd party review vs asus official statement.

I am thus fairly sure. If padfone has a plus screen, why would they market /advertise it to be something lower?

Do you still need to ask me how sure am i?

Sent from my PadFone using XDA Premium HD app

paciotti

May 30, 2009
No. I'm good!
I missed the "user experience" part of the thread (I only search for "amoled" didn't read the whole thread).
If you are SO sure, I think you can spend a "I AM SURE"!
Thanks!

cty.stuart

Jun 13, 2009
No. I'm good!
I missed the "user experience" part of the thread (I only search for "amoled" didn't read the whole thread).
If you are SO sure, I think you can spend a "I AM SURE"!
Thanks!

Simply because i don't know whether to believe asus adverts or not.

See attached. Right is the official asus padfone video. You can find this video on YouTube.

But look at what i actually get on the left? no ips selection or anything. Whether they just change the name if ips or wat? i don't know. Not sure

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339154027912.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339154027912.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 96

cty.stuart

Jun 13, 2009
I completely missed this line of your post. I apologize for my insolence!
After buying your PadFone, you'll buy it again?

If they deliver on time, maybe (u don't wanna know how much trouble i have been through while communicating with the telco that sells it officially in taiwan. massive delay).

However see this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-HahPUu908&feature=youtube_gdata_player

there are so many new and cool stuff being announced in computex 2012 past few days. Hence maybe

zer0day

Oct 29, 2007
For those ordering from overseas, how's the phone holding up on UK networks, specifically T-Mobile?

cty.stuart

Jun 13, 2009
For those ordering from overseas, how's the phone holding up on UK networks, specifically T-Mobile?

worked perfectly fine on Vodafone UK. Does T-mob run the same bandwidth with voda? if yes, rest assured. all the way up to hspda+ speed. perfect.

Florian-s

Jun 6, 2012
Damn if it would be the 32 gb version I have paid the high price... but thanks for the information! If anyone find a ebay seller in eu with the 32 gb version please inform me... :D

SparkyRih

Jan 19, 2011
Roermond
So a 16GB version is not available yet?
I would've bought the 16GB version, I don't understand, not even 1%, why those storage size differences always make the pirce 100 euros higher...

And since I have my own private servers setup, I'm able to store everything there :D And if I run out of storage, I just pop in another TB disk XD

cty.stuart

Jun 13, 2009
So a 16GB version is not available yet?
I would've bought the 16GB version, I don't understand, not even 1%, why those storage size differences always make the pirce 100 euros higher...

And since I have my own private servers setup, I'm able to store everything there :D And if I run out of storage, I just pop in another TB disk XD

Apparently there's an ebayer in Estonia selling 16GB. Surprisingly the price for it seemed to be abt the same as the 32GB sold by the ebayer in taiwan (1150USD)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the new Padfone plus a couple other new products

The Padfone looks interesting but no real specs as of yet

http://www.pcworld.com/article/229101/asus_announces_padfone_tabletphone_and_199_netbook.html

or here is their promo link

http://event.asus.com/mobile/padfone/

Check it out
    Just a quick heads up that i'm in the process of creating one of my 'Superboot' auto-root images for the Padfone 2 (it's already working!), then i'll do a tweaked ROM. I'll be posting them both here and in the new MoDaCo Padfone 2 forum.

P

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

And here it is.

Superboot for the Padfone 2!

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360416-superboot-padfone-2-root-solution/

P
    HDMI

i talked to asus sweden on facebook, they told me that microHDMI to TV should not be any problems. They told me that the microHDMI cable is the problem.

Because of the design of the phone the HDMI cable is not getting to the bottom of the microHDMI hole, so hey said i could try to cut away a little of plastic from the microHDMI cable so it get longer into the connector on the padfone.

can anyone confirm this?

im getting my padfone tonight :D so i'll try it then if i manage to get a microHDMI to HDMI cable.

i dont know hot deep the connector input on the phone is, but im guessing is should be enough to cut away 2-3mm of the plastic around the cable so the connector get the whole way in :p

It's like trying to get to wonderland with only putting the key to the door halfway in.
    Hi,

I just modify a way to root Padfone 4.0.4 without lost data.

You need download 3 firmware file (1 full firmware CHT-PadFone-9.18.8.41_CHT and 2 OTA firmware Firmware 9.18.8.41 to 9.20.1.22(CHT), Firmware 9.20.1.22 to 9.20.2.14(CHT)).

Take it here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Mobile_Phone/PadFone/CHT_PadFoneuser9_18_8_41UpdateLauncher.zip (this file must be extract and copy zip file under ASUS folder)
    AND OTA firmware: http://www.padfoneclub.com/pl/content/content.php?content.15

Copy 3 zip file to a SD Card, put SD Card to your phone.

Enable setting first:
    "Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources"
    "Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging"
    OR
    "Settings > Security > Unknown Sources"
    "Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging"

Go to recovery and install CHT-PadFone-9.18.8.41_CHT then boot, while your phone booting put your phone to pc usb and run RootDebugfs.bat and chose steep Root. When you receive mes "Keep here, install 2 OTA Firmware at recovery. Once 2 OTA Firmware install completed and your devices has finished restarting".

Keep it here and keep usb pc connected padfone. Go to recovery and install 2 OTA (install at one Firmware 9.18.8.41 to 9.20.1.22(CHT) first, then Firmware 9.20.1.22 to 9.20.2.14(CHT), don't need reboot). After install completed, reboot and complete step at root cmd on your PC.

All done!

If got error on root chmod script, try it by your self: Run CMD, type "adb shell" enter, then type list command bellow:

su
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 /system
    chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
    rm /data/local/tmp
    mv /data/local/tmp.bak /data/local/tmp
    rm /data/local/su
    rm /data/local/debugfs
    rm /data/local/debugfsinput
    exit
    exit

----

Thanks to sparkym3 for root tools: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1706588

Sorry for my bad English :(
    Supersu working on padfone 2 A68

Tonite I'm trying to replace adbd In ramdisk with an insecure version.

I'|| report results.

Inviato dal mio PadFone 2 con Tapatalk 2

..... TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!!!

you might wanna look at the below screenshots

we gooooooot da root!!! :D