[Q] Right Side of Screen Unresponsive to touch

Search This thread

T_ADD

Sep 7, 2011
Hi guys, I need some help with my dinc. Recently the right vertical side of the screen about 10mm wide top to bottom is unresponsive to touch. I cannot use all the keys on the keyboard at right. This has become quite a problem now. It sort of renders my dinc useless when it comes to emails and internet browsing.

Can anyone please help me to fix this? I would most appreciate. So far I've searched the net found threads but nothing regarding a fix. The glass isn't cracked and the phone was never dropped. The search key at the bottom works together with back, menu, and home.

Please help.:crying:

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
It may be the touch panel going bad. Nothing short of a repair will take care of this issue. Hardware repair is not in my realm of knowledge but that seems to be the cause. Google droid incredible panel or droid incredible digitizer is all I can really recommend.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: T_ADD

T_ADD

Sep 7, 2011
Thank you. I will order one through ebay. Probably the one from US is better than the one from China, right?
It may be the touch panel going bad. Nothing short of a repair will take care of this issue. Hardware repair is not in my realm of knowledge but that seems to be the cause. Google droid incredible panel or droid incredible digitizer is all I can really recommend.

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Thank you. I will order one through ebay. Probably the one from US is better than the one from China, right?

The parts are internationally made anyway. If your phone is AMOLED, you'd need to order AMOLED and the same for SLCD. I can't guarantee this will help as I don't mess with hardware but the lack of response is directly related to the touchscreen under the glass.

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012

...you'll get it faster if ordered from the US. That's the only advantage.

On the incredible, the digitizer is fused to the glass, the display is a separate piece so you shouldn't have to worry about AMOLED vs. SLCD. One possible other problem though is the socket on the motherboard that the flex cable plugs in to. If that socket is broken the phone is essentially toast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The parts are internationally made anyway. If your phone is AMOLED, you'd need to order AMOLED and the same for SLCD. I can't guarantee this will help as I don't mess with hardware but the lack of response is directly related to the touchscreen under the glass.

...you'll get it faster if ordered from the US. That's the only advantage.

On the incredible, the digitizer is fused to the glass, the display is a separate piece so you shouldn't have to worry about AMOLED vs. SLCD. One possible other problem though is the socket on the motherboard that the flex cable plugs in to. If that socket is broken the phone is essentially toast.