[Q]HELP - Gmail & Play Store Not syncing :(

Search This thread

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
Hello. So gmail and the play store stopped syncing over LTE and HSPA randomly this morning.

I restored a backup from 5/9 earlier today and no luck - same issue persists.

I am on the stock rom, with root. No busybox or other mods like xposed. Twrp recovery.

Any suggestions? Syncs over wifi just fine, but not on Tmobile's lte or hspa even with full service. Other people in my office are not having this issue with their android devices and are also tmobile users.

Thanks in advance!!

Zepius

Mar 29, 2011
Hello. So gmail and the play store stopped syncing over LTE and HSPA randomly this morning.

I am on the stock rom, with root. No busybox or other mods like xposed. Twrp recovery.

Any suggestions? Syncs over wifi just fine, but not on Tmobile's lte or hspa even with full service. Other people in my office are not having this issue with their android devices and are also tmobile users.

Thanks in advance!!

i think its to do with tmobile. i have the same issue currently and ive not made any rom/kernel changes in months.

Reactions: k0lega and _jordan_

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
i had it happen to me, for about 90 minutes. i had data, everything else worked. a few minutes ago i connected to wifi, and it started working. i went off wifi back to mobile, and it stayed working. i think it was purely a google issue :)

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

it seems that my "fix" of connecting to wifi, check if working, then going back to network works for others as well.

Reactions: k0lega

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
i had it happen to me, for about 90 minutes. i had data, everything else worked. a few minutes ago i connected to wifi, and it started working. i went off wifi back to mobile, and it stayed working. i think it was purely a google issue :)

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

it seems that my "fix" of connecting to wifi, check if working, then going back to network works for others as well.

Hmm i cant get that fix to work. Its like as soon as Im off wifi, gmail and the store dont sync.

I can get drive to sync over data tho.

Odd problem.

Burata

Mar 11, 2012
I'm on tmobile also and am currently having this same issue. I am also noticing I'm having my data connection drop out quite frequently at the present time. Very strange.

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
^ I have seen that as well on my end.

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. I guess it looks network related so far.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

marblesmike

Feb 26, 2011
Same thing on Verizon on my Note 3. I can get into Gmail via my browser but the app is stuck in sync mode and I can't log into any Google accounts (Play Store, Google+, etc).

Reactions: _jordan_

mikemmva

Dec 5, 2012
Same problem here in Va, DC, MD

Here in DC, VA, and MD. All services not working, maps, google play, viber. Only works on wifi. Tmobile seems to be down everywhere I've driven today. Internet works and gmail works from within the browser, but the apps just hang.

Reactions: _jordan_

Rafoolik

Jan 5, 2011
Google apps not working

I own a Nexus 5 not rooted. Randomly today all the major Google apps have stopped loading completely. It happened after I was talking on the phone.

I have a internet connection and all other non Google apps work.
Google will not sync. Maps won't load. Gmail won't load. Drive won't sync. I cleared cache. Cleared data. Reverted the updates. Restarted the phone.
Nothing is working.

Try

I own a Nexus 5 not rooted. Randomly today all the major Google apps have stopped loading completely. It happened after I was talking on the phone.

I have a internet connection and all other non Google apps work.
Google will not sync. Maps won't load. Gmail won't load. Drive won't sync. I cleared cache. Cleared data. Reverted the updates. Restarted the phone.
Nothing is working.

Maybe you should separately install google apps (try to search for google apk files)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!!

i think its to do with tmobile. i have the same issue currently and ive not made any rom/kernel changes in months.

Same thing on Verizon on my Note 3. I can get into Gmail via my browser but the app is stuck in sync mode and I can't log into any Google accounts (Play Store, Google+, etc).
    Same problem here in Va, DC, MD

Here in DC, VA, and MD. All services not working, maps, google play, viber. Only works on wifi. Tmobile seems to be down everywhere I've driven today. Internet works and gmail works from within the browser, but the apps just hang.