Need help for my bricked Captivate

Search This thread

istef

Nov 28, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I believe I just bricked my captivate by flashing Congnition 2.3b6 ROM. I've already tried all methods mentioned in this forum (key combinations, usb jig...) but no way can put my phone into download mode. Now my phone has become a brick, no boot, only black screen no matter what I do to it. I think the only way to recover it is JTAG.

So I need help from someone (better in CA) who have RIFF Box (or some other JTAG devices) and have some experiences on rescue a dead Captivate. If you can help me recover it, I'm glad to pay for your help.

PM me if you can do it. Thanks a lot!

norcal einstein

Jan 19, 2009
Bay Area
Have you confirmed that your JIG is working properly? (~300kohms of resistance) And that you aren't touching any exposed metal on the JIG when using it? (since that will change the resistance)

istef

Nov 28, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not sure because I don't have a solder in hand so I have to twist the wires together. But I'm sure my hand has no way to touch the exposed part because I'm wearing latex gloves when pluggin it in.
I heard that it is really easy to brick the captivate if you flash cognition without reverting to JF6. Maybe I use the wrong PDA file in accident when I flash JF6 with odin before flashing the Cognition.

Still looking for some help from a riff-box user....

goob1284

Nov 24, 2010
Search odin3 I believe its jh6. Its a one click. Make sure you have all the drivers. And don't use the stock 2.2 those suck. Get a froyo rom. Anyways put your phone into download mode. Take out battery plug in the usb open the odin3. Press volume up and down and power. Insert the battery and release the power button. let the drivers install and a com 4 or com 5 doesn't matter what number it is after the com. Press download now. works like a charm.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

istef

Nov 28, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
yes, it should be jh6. I've downloaded that one-click package but right now there is not any response when I connect my phone with computer and no way to enter download mode as I described before. I believe JTAG is the only choice for me. So anybody know someone who can provide these kind of services? I appreciate for your help.

dirtbagg

Oct 9, 2010
Got a similar situation was flashin back to stock my sis phone and odin was almost done and went to a blue screen aftrer thirty mins pulled batt and now dead wtf

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App