Nexus S wont boot up or even charge

Search This thread

anantpatro

May 13, 2013
I have a Nexus S(I9020) which is rooted and has a unlocked bootloader,with custom recovery installed. I am running CM 10.2.1.
My phone slipped from my hand and fell, I connected the battery and the back panel,then I booted into the fastboot mode by mistake and selected reboot. Now my phone wont even turn up or charge. Nor is it displaying anything on the screen when connected to a computer/charger.
Connecting it to a charger just makes it go hot.:crying::crying::crying:
Please help!!:crying::crying::crying:

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
I have a Nexus S(I9020) which is rooted and has a unlocked bootloader,with custom recovery installed. I am running CM 10.2.1.
My phone slipped from my hand and fell, I connected the battery and the back panel,then I booted into the fastboot mode by mistake and selected reboot. Now my phone wont even turn up or charge. Nor is it displaying anything on the screen when connected to a computer/charger.
Connecting it to a charger just makes it go hot.:crying::crying::crying:
Please help!!:crying::crying::crying:

When the charger is connected, do the capacitive buttons light up?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

anantpatro

May 13, 2013
Found a JTAG repair shop

Go to a nearby phone technician and have them try doing a JTAG. If it doesn't work, contact someone you know who is an electronics/computer engineer and have them do this for you: http://xdaforums.com/nexus-s/development/i9020t-nexus-s-development-platform-aka-t1566475

Those are your only options. This is a hard brick.

Found a JTAG repair shop nearby.Will check it out this Saturday.
It's hard to live without a phone:crying::crying:

Last edited: