" let's bring CM to EXYNOS " - any help is welcomed

Search This thread

DON AMIGO

Oct 12, 2012
Riyadh
hello everyone

i've opened this thread in attempt with members in XDA to port cyanogenmod to note 3 EXYNOS version. i'm hoping

with the help from others to achieve this goal to bring CM to SM-n900 version of note 3. any help in this thread is

appreciated to reach the goal. :good:

P.S. ; hope this thread doesn't break any rules, IF so please remove it.

Last edited:

DON AMIGO

Oct 12, 2012
Riyadh
Look at the device's current /system/build.prop

need help after this coz it kinda confusing to me.

uv.mrcool

May 31, 2011
NewDelhi
Look at the device's current /system/build.prop

need help after this coz it kinda confusing to me.

Ok, let's do this.
Now we need to find a device similar to note 3 in architecture with Cm port already done. After that we should examine and compare the boot and recovery images of note 3 and said device for the requisites. S4 can be a pretty good base for the purpose. Remember, this step is crucial to get boot.

I'm busy for tomorrow. I will setup the environment day after tomm. and examine the images myself.

Last edited:

DON AMIGO

Oct 12, 2012
Riyadh
Ok, let's do this.
Now we need to find a device similar to note 3 in architecture with Cm port already done. After that we should examine and compare the boot and recovery images of note 3 and said device for the requisites. S4 can be a pretty good base for the purpose. Remember, this step is crucial to get boot.

I'm busy for tomorrow. I will setup the environment day after tomm. and examine the images myself.

OK - what you've said is consistent with what i've read about this. waiting for you friend, will try to read more and maybe look

for CM rom for s4 exynos.

NaoRemiX

Jul 26, 2012
Haifa
Hope that CM version will come very soon..
I have N900 and I would like to help and test any Alpha/Beta/AnyThing.
At this week I dont have time to even eat but from the next week I'll be free to test anything :)

Spitwista

Mar 23, 2013
Bloemfontein
We would be needing a kernel developer. Try to find one. I did a rough port of S4's Cm11 but the device is bootlooping. That is expected as the kernel i'm using is stock one.
@halaszk88 mentioned he would make one if miui could be ported...Maybe he will help with this cm project
@codexc could help with port of rom! ( King of AOSB )

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: codexc

dhruva7

Apr 11, 2012
Why to waste time for CM when touch wiz is awesome. I have used CM before I didn't like it. Camera is not good enough, also pen is having less support...

uv.mrcool

May 31, 2011
NewDelhi
These zip problems aren't letting me go forward... Changes are done... Zips are giving errors... Tried four different zips to no avail.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Success

Video Link

You're welcome :)
    Okay I'll will give it try tonight , add me on hangout

Sent from my GT-N7100

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

I've unpacked boot.img's of note 3's stock and S4's Cm11. I can see some init file differences of both the architectures. Let's see if my modified boot.img is booting the device or not. :good:

You can just take the cmd command line from original kernel then rep-pack it , as I remember there shell script tool can do this

Sent from my GT-N7100
    hello everyone

i've opened this thread in attempt with members in XDA to port cyanogenmod to note 3 EXYNOS version. i'm hoping

with the help from others to achieve this goal to bring CM to SM-n900 version of note 3. any help in this thread is

appreciated to reach the goal. :good:

P.S. ; hope this thread doesn't break any rules, IF so please remove it.
    info about the PHONE ' hope it helps '

ro.product.device=ha3g

manufacturer : SAMSUNG

major minor #blocks name

8 0 488386584 sda
    8 1 524288 sda1
    8 2 483776512 sda2
    8 3 4083712 sda3
    11 0 1048575 sr0

build prop " got it through ADB '

helpful link : How To Port CyanogenMod Android To Your Own Device
    Progress !!!!:good::good::good:
    Zip fixed.. Took Dr.Ketan Rom's zip and aroma to install the modified cm...:good::good:
    It is now booting but it boot's into a black screen. :confused:
    If anyone is interested ... I can upload the zip so that everyone can have a look into it.:good: