Failed Flash?

Search This thread

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
I was trying to go back to stock before testing out eduardog131's deodexed rom. I tried my backup boot.img and it failed, so I grabbed the default from here, ADB console says the write is successfulm but it hangs at the splash screen when I try to boot:( I can get into the bootloader and recovery, and have the PLlIMG.zip I saved long ago (from which I extracted the same boot.img I've used before), but can't copy it over without booting. What on Earth could I have done?

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
I was trying to go back to stock before testing out eduardog131's deodexed rom. I tried my backup boot.img and it failed, so I grabbed the default from here, ADB console says the write is successfulm but it hangs at the splash screen when I try to boot:( I can get into the bootloader and recovery, and have the PLlIMG.zip I saved long ago (from which I extracted the same boot.img I've used before), but can't copy it over without booting. What on Earth could I have done?

I bet the 'PL80IMG.zip' that you have is for 4.1.2

And you updated to 4.2.2

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
It's 4.2.2

I made it after upgrading so I'd be able to restore system.img , boot.img , and android-info.txt easily

M

Modding.MyMind

It's 4.2.2

I made it after upgrading so I'd be able to restore system.img , boot.img , and android-info.txt easily

You are aware that when you go to restore your device with your backup that you don't have to restore everything, right? You can uncheck everything and just leave the boot.img checked. Then swipe to restore in your custom recovery. The boot.img will be put back.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
It's 4.2.2

So the system.img that you have in the PL80IMG.zip is from a TWRP/CWM backup....it won't flash through bootloader unless you used dd to pull the system.img.....

Other words, you will not be able to flash PL80IMG.zip with a TWRP and or CWM backup of the system.img.....it's not the correct format

Only recovery.img and boot.img from TWRP/CWM backup will flash through bootloader PL80IMG.zip style......

Why not just click 'restore'? While in recovery...

M

Modding.MyMind

You didn't have to go stock to flash his Rom. Its a Rom lol. Its not like an OTA where it does checks on the system files and then patches them. ;)

Take note of that for any future roms down the road.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk