[Q] Firewater/rumrunner s-off not working/crashing

Search This thread

Jimzoaar

Nov 18, 2013
So I have just got my device, please see details below. I have unlocked on HTCDEV and have rooted but Rumrunner runs through 8 bottles and advises to try again. Firewater seems to run through and the CMD process ends ands allow you to enter a new command but the phone is then stuck with a black screen until I hard reboot.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.62.771.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON

(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: H3G__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4238mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-1a757b8b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

James.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
So I have just got my device, please see details below. I have unlocked on HTCDEV and have rooted but Rumrunner runs through 8 bottles and advises to try again. Firewater seems to run through and the CMD process ends ands allow you to enter a new command but the phone is then stuck with a black screen until I hard reboot.

Many thanks,

James.

Flash an unsecured kernel (elemtalx or bulletproof) or flash ARHD rom then retry

Reactions: Jimzoaar

Jimzoaar

Nov 18, 2013
Flash an unsecured kernel (elemtalx or bulletproof) or flash ARHD rom then retry

Thanks for the prompt reply, I was flashing ARHD as I read your post....

ARHD 6.1 GPE is now in a bootloop where it loads the setting to set your language briefly before rebooting....

Is this because I have not changed my CID yet? Do I need to flash the Sense version of ARHD?

Many thanks.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012

ARHD 6.1 GPE is now in a bootloop where it loads the setting to set your language briefly before rebooting....

Is this because I have not changed my CID yet? Do I need to flash the Sense version of ARHD?

Many thanks.

flash a sense based arhd not gpe! gpe arhd need s-off

try arhd 31.6 first

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Many thanks.

and use twrp 2.6.3.3 to flash arhd

Jimzoaar

Nov 18, 2013

try arhd 31.6 first

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Thanks again, unfortunately, (flashed with TWRP 2.6.3.3) both ARDH 31.6 and 52.0 still fail when trying to S-Off.

Do you have any other ideas?

Jimzoaar

Nov 18, 2013

try arhd 31.6 first

Don't use firewater. Use rumrunner. My One was HBOOT 1.55, ARHD 31.6, TWRP 2.6.3.3
Rumrunner worked on first shot

firewater could have better success, but it looks like many 3.6x.xxx.3 versions have "issues", maybe try this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50781300&postcount=43
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50798663&postcount=48

I have noticed my Superuser is being very funny.

It won't let me update the binaries, which is bizarre because I would expect the latest would come with the ROM?

Also, when I open Root explorer system is mounted as r/o not r/w, I can change this in root explorer but does it have the same affect and it seems it does not apply on boot, could this be my problem?

Many thanks.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

It won't let me update the binaries, which is bizarre because I would expect the latest would come with the ROM?
To update superuser (koush) in TWRP, choose "recovery install", then in TWRP select install and go to
/data/data/com.koushikdutta.superuser/files/
and install superuser.zip
reboot and it will be updated.

Also, when I open Root explorer system is mounted as r/o not r/w, I can change this in root explorer but does it have the same affect and it seems it does not apply on boot, could this be my problem?
Root Explorer won't matter, what you need to have is adb su privileges, ARHD already is rooted and unsecured kernel, but if you want to test it, just open an adb shell:
Code:
C:\ADB3>[B][COLOR="Blue"]adb shell[/COLOR][/B]

root@m7:/ # [B][COLOR="Blue"]su[/COLOR][/B]
su

root@m7:/ # 

root@m7:/ # [B][COLOR="Blue"]exit[/COLOR][/B]
exit

exit

C:\ADB3>

^^ the # indicates su privileges, otherwise the prompt would be $

Jimzoaar

Nov 18, 2013

try arhd 31.6 first

Don't use firewater. Use rumrunner. My One was HBOOT 1.55, ARHD 31.6, TWRP 2.6.3.3

firewater could have better success, but it looks like many 3.6x.xxx.3 versions have "issues", maybe try this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50781300&postcount=43

To update superuser (koush) in TWRP, choose "recovery install", then in TWRP select install and go to

Root Explorer won't matter, what you need to have is adb su privileges, ARHD already is rooted and unsecured kernel, but if you want to test it, just open an adb shell:
Code:

su

exit

exit

Thanks very much, it seems that is not my problem as I have the # appearing.

Any ideas?

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Thanks very much, it seems that is not my problem as I have the # appearing.

Any ideas?

unfortunately not really :(

for some reason it seems rumrunner and firewater have some issues with 3.6x.xxx.3 and/or 3.6x.xxx.6, if the OTA to 4.xx is out, maybe update and try firewater on 4.xx. firmware with ARHD 52.0

Jimzoaar

Nov 18, 2013
unfortunately not really :(

for some reason it seems rumrunner and firewater have some issues with 3.6x.xxx.3 and/or 3.6x.xxx.6, if the OTA to 4.xx is out, maybe update and try firewater on 4.xx. firmware with ARHD 52.0

Thanks again.

I know this sounds a bit stupid, but could I shoot myself in the foot doing an OTA? (and I presume you mean return to stock and update?) Where a fix for my current version could be out any day, where one for 4.xx might take longer?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the ARHD 52 bit on the end, I did try that yesterday with no success, and I also had it flashed this morning but it would only bootloop.

I will try again now, thanks.

Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Thanks again.

I know this sounds a bit stupid, but could I shoot myself in the foot doing an OTA? (and I presume you mean return to stock and update?) Where a fix for my current version could be out any day, where one for 4.xx might take longer?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the ARHD 52 bit on the end, I did try that yesterday with no success, and I also had it flashed this morning but it would only bootloop.

I will try again now, thanks.

looks like it is out, the file is called OTA_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_H3G_UK_4.20.771.17-3.62.771.3_release_3536491kghgv33dtz4m18n
(couldn't find the download link, you'll have to search)

you only need the firmware from the OTA (ie inside the OTA, there's a file called "firmware.zip"), to flash that:

you need to lock bootloader (because you're s-on): fastboot oem lock

then flash the new firmware:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
<- yes twice!!
fastboot reboot-bootloader

then unlock again, install TWRP 2.6.3.3, install ARHD 52.0 and try firewater.... no guarantees though!!!

PS: the reason I'm suggesting 52.0 (or any other custom rom) is because 52.0 is based on 4.19.401.9 whereas 31.6 is based on 3.62.401.1... it's best to have the ROM and firmware matching as close as possible.

Jimzoaar

Nov 18, 2013
looks like it is out, the file is called OTA_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_H3G_UK_4.20.771.17-3.62.771.3_release_3536491kghgv33dtz4m18n
(couldn't find the download link, you'll have to search)

you only need the firmware from the OTA (ie inside the OTA, there's a file called "firmware.zip"), to flash that:

you need to lock bootloader (because you're s-on): fastboot oem lock

then flash the new firmware:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
<- yes twice!!
fastboot reboot-bootloader

then unlock again, install TWRP 2.6.3.3, install ARHD 52.0 and try firewater.... no guarantees though!!!

PS: the reason I'm suggesting 52.0 (or any other custom rom) is because 52.0 is based on 4.19.401.9 whereas 31.6 is based on 3.62.401.1... it's best to have the ROM and firmware matching as close as possible.

I hate to be a noob but could do with some help just finding that zip......

I ave had a look on XDA and done a google but can only fine the following link:

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/m7-cwm-nandroid-backup-cid-h3g__001-1-28-771-x-2013-04-09-zip/

This is where I found what looks to me to be a collection.....

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
I hate to be a noob but could do with some help just finding that zip......

I ave had a look on XDA and done a google but can only fine the following link:

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/m7-cwm-nandroid-backup-cid-h3g__001-1-28-771-x-2013-04-09-zip/

This is where I found what looks to me to be a collection.....

that's a nandroid backup, it won't help. Guru's OTA downloads are here: http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/ota-downloads/

but the 4.20.771.17 is not there. I'll look and let you know if I find it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Many thanks,

James.

Many thanks.

try arhd 31.6 first

Many thanks.

Thanks again, unfortunately, (flashed with TWRP 2.6.3.3) both ARDH 31.6 and 52.0 still fail when trying to S-Off.

Do you have any other ideas?

Same result I am afraid, went through 8 bottles and then get told to pray.....

Code:

su

exit

exit