Charging port door

Search This thread

karmuh

Jan 15, 2014
Orange County, NY
I don't see why it wouldn't last long. Don't man-handle it and it shouldn't be a problem at all. I remember seeing a thread in the main S5 forums a week or so ago...with a handful of people saying they already broke it. It's just a little piece of rubber holding it together, but some people apparently pry it open without any care in the world...lol.

Lostatsea23

Apr 13, 2014
Well I got the device with a tiny miniscule scratch on it. Like a pinhead sized one. I wanted to know if I can replace it in the future just in case it gets worse or whatever. So the value of the phone holds up. I'd swap it but I'd look like an idiot since it's so small lol

risestar2

Jul 31, 2011
It is a replaceable part, assuming that Samsung makes it available (The part). To date, they have not. Some people have broken their already and tried to have the phone replaced and Samsung said no, as they consider it to be a cosmetic damage, like a scratch or crack.

I was worried about this same thing, so i bought one of those aftermarket QI wireless chargers and use that most of the time to charge. Takes longer, but the battery lasts a lot longer than my S3 so I only need to do a charge at night now, as opposed to late afternoon as was on the S3 so I can just let it sit there for 6 hours plus.

I'd be tempted to remove the door entirely - it's a pain having to remember to remove the door every time I want to charge my phone, especially when docking it in my car.

Last edited:

delawaredrew

Dec 13, 2010
Olympia, WA
I'd guess it isn't normal opening and closing that breaks it. I keep grabbing it along with the USB when I unplug the phone, I could easily see ripping it out by carelessness. I'd hope that Samsung tested it for 500+ cycles.
The little flaps on other phones I've had never broke off.