GT i9505 weird service problem

Search This thread

dorian2kx

Sep 24, 2012
Ever since I got this phone i never once get any service i thought maybe the bored was done for but today I went into the town area and was surprised to see 3 to 4 signal bars on it i tried making a call and it worked, even sent an text message and it worked, funny thing now when I came back home I then again have no service bars whatsoever so I went back into town to see if I would get back signal again and i did..... Went back home for the second time and now no signal again, anyone know what might be the problem, I'm on slim rom 4.4.2 baseband XXUFNA5

richard-droid

May 22, 2014
Ever since I got this phone i never once get any service i thought maybe the bored was done for but today I went into the town area and was surprised to see 3 to 4 signal bars on it i tried making a call and it worked, even sent an text message and it worked, funny thing now when I came back home I then again have no service bars whatsoever so I went back into town to see if I would get back signal again and i did..... Went back home for the second time and now no signal again, anyone know what might be the problem, I'm on slim rom 4.4.2 baseband XXUFNA5

Do you have a bad signal inside your home? Signal inside a house can never be guaranteed as there are many factors that affect signal strength - especially indoors.

dorian2kx

Sep 24, 2012
I have an S3 and I get very good signal on that at home it's just something wrong with the S4 but i just don't know what... I get not one bar on it any else where, only when I go into town area

dorian2kx

Sep 24, 2012
Yes their both on the same provider and network, my imei is fine also... Wifi works fine also

dorian2kx

Sep 24, 2012
So I tried different modems and I flashed stock rom twice and still no luck, any other suggestions please

okty2k

Apr 24, 2010
We might have a very similar issue, I also don't have a solution (yet).
My phone does not connect to 3G, only 2G and LTE.
To check if you are in the same situation:
*#2263#
then play a little with the settings there... (for example try 3G only).
see if you get any positive things out of this.
(as a note: in some of the options I can connect to 3G, BUT I cannot make or receive any calls - internet is working though). You can choose a single option only (try each 2G, 3G, LTE and see what happens). However, I strongly suggest to keep a combination of 2, see the note above).

dorian2kx

Sep 24, 2012
Is it possible to download and flash a different stock rom, different regions or will it brick my phone?

dorian2kx

Sep 24, 2012

This is when I'm in town today, full signal

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-29-14-36-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-29-14-36-59.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 21

dorian2kx

Sep 24, 2012

And now I'm out of town, what could possibly be the problem, gosh this one is hard to figure, I don't think anything is wrong with the main board

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 20