[Q] GPS never really gets fixed

Search This thread

DiGtal

Feb 13, 2012
Hyderabad
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 10 Pro
Of all the roms that I've tried, most boasted of a fast GPS lock. It was anything but. Heck, even my old Samsung Galaxy Y gets faster GPS lock. Is it a software problem or a hardware one? Also, does this phone even include a compass? When I DO finally get a lock or use my wifi, I notice that the phone has no sense of direction. Is there an alternative?

I'm never buying from Micromax again.

sierrarohan

Feb 11, 2013
Talegaon Dabhade
Of all the roms that I've tried, most boasted of a fast GPS lock. It was anything but. Heck, even my old Samsung Galaxy Y gets faster GPS lock. Is it a software problem or a hardware one? Also, does this phone even include a compass? When I DO finally get a lock or use my wifi, I notice that the phone has no sense of direction. Is there an alternative?

I'm never buying from Micromax again.

First of all, Trying new ROM's involves risk! Do not blame Micromax, it's you who made the modifications! if you don't like the ROM's, Go back to Stock JB 4.1! Problem is with your knowledge, and unawareness, not Hardware nor Software.
As for your GPS issue, there are various patches for GPS, you can try that, I'm running UltrimSLIM ROM and having no such problem whatsoever, after flashing a GPS patch!
And our phone does not include compass so there will be no 'Sense of direction'!

DiGtal

Feb 13, 2012
Hyderabad
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 10 Pro
First of all, Trying new ROM's involves risk! Do not blame Micromax, it's you who made the modifications! if you don't like the ROM's, Go back to Stock JB 4.1! Problem is with your knowledge, and unawareness, not Hardware nor Software.
As for your GPS issue, there are various patches for GPS, you can try that, I'm running UltrimSLIM ROM and having no such problem whatsoever, after flashing a GPS patch!
And our phone does not include compass so there will be no 'Sense of direction'!

I think it was implied that I moved from a stock ROM none of which have fixed the GPS. Its not that I don't like the custom ROMs. I love some of them. I've been trying many to see which one is able to get a lock as fast as most other phones do. Hence, my question.
Is there a problem with the drivers or any part of the software that the devs haven't modded yet? I'm not a very advanced coder so I can't really help yet. Yes, I've flashed patches. To no avail. I have to wait for over 2 minutes with turbo GPS 2 installed.

Another big question is: Why did micromax release a very buggy firmware and not take steps to fix it? 4.1 has memory issues AND GPS lock problem. 4.0 was alright with memory but not GPS. Who knows how 4.4 will be once they FINALLY release it?

sierrarohan

Feb 11, 2013
Talegaon Dabhade
I think it was implied that I moved from a stock ROM none of which have fixed the GPS. Its not that I don't like the custom ROMs. I love some of them. I've been trying many to see which one is able to get a lock as fast as most other phones do. Hence, my question.
Is there a problem with the drivers or any part of the software that the devs haven't modded yet? I'm not a very advanced coder so I can't really help yet. Yes, I've flashed patches. To no avail. I have to wait for over 2 minutes with turbo GPS 2 installed.

Another big question is: Why did micromax release a very buggy firmware and not take steps to fix it? 4.1 has memory issues AND GPS lock problem. 4.0 was alright with memory but not GPS. Who knows how 4.4 will be once they FINALLY release it?

Ah, that's what troubling me too!! Read lots of news, posts still no sight of KK. Some fake Firmwares are out there and that's all! And yes, Memory Issues were present in stock firmware!!
But I have to admit that I used Stock JB for 2-3 months and GPS was working fine for me! I even downloaded Sygic Maps that time and since, it became my favorite!:eek:
Why don't you try that app and also see YGPS from Engg. mode to see if you are getting a weak signal or no signal at all!

Reactions: DiGtal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ah, that's what troubling me too!! Read lots of news, posts still no sight of KK. Some fake Firmwares are out there and that's all! And yes, Memory Issues were present in stock firmware!!
    But I have to admit that I used Stock JB for 2-3 months and GPS was working fine for me! I even downloaded Sygic Maps that time and since, it became my favorite!:eek:
    Why don't you try that app and also see YGPS from Engg. mode to see if you are getting a weak signal or no signal at all!