ICS Code Released...waiting for a new ROM with it!

Search This thread
Finally released the code for Ice Cream Sandwich!

The source code for Ice Cream Sandwich has finally been released, and already ahead of its predecessor, this Honeycomb. This Android 4.0 will operate as barriers accounted for 3.0 ROMs for developers and manufacturers of different products. Welcome to a new era.

In fact, the version released and available for download is 4.0.1, so that it is new face of which we have seen in some Galaxy Nexus surely debuggers or solution to a silly bug.

Currently this version is only available as a ready-made settings included, and settings for other devices will still have to wait. Needless to say, if you know what we talked about then is best to wait until they are released versions "for all", this is for high skills and developers.

It is a version almost embryonic but complete, for some technical problems they have had with your server, but also functional. You only have to download it (link is below) and in the source tree will have to find "full_maguro" that you can use to create a system image for Galaxy Nexus.

Just follow the instructions you will have once the download page (again, at the end of post), and for this use the following GIT:

repo init-u-b android-https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest 4.0.1_r1

We sure will be a long download and have patience, do not synchronize until we are sure it is fully completed or will have an unusable version.

This release includes all updates Android tree, including all of Honeycomb (care tablets manufacturers or rosemary), but insist that "everyone wants to focus on Ice Cream Sandwich" (words).

This discovery has published Jean-Baptiste Queru, Android Software Engineer in the Building Android group of AOSP. For questions, go to the source that we put down at all and do not hesitate to ask. Ice Cream Sandwich!

adi4motion

May 23, 2010
We have a great community of developers working on this phone, it just hope it will last at least for another year. I've previously had a Samsung Galaxy Spica with great support from Samdroid but after some time they had some problems and stopped development till some while ago when tom3q started releasing GB for it (cm7). I've moved to LG p500 with also great support from XDA, but also the progress is kinda slow now, i have motorola defy (well not now, it's been a year) and i just love what progress is being made. I just hope it will last most than the two other devices mentioned.
I think after we have fully working ICS (if we encounter no major problems with the kernel <or maybe we'll have an unlocked bootloader to play with---fingers crossed>) maybe then the development can stop:p
I know this is a lot to ask the developers, since everyone moves to dual-core devices (and quad core soon)...but please stay with us on this one. You already have our deepest respect but we still need you guys:)

Reactions: espaciosalter20

cardozclive

Nov 30, 2010
Mumbai
We have a great community of developers working on this phone, it just hope it will last at least for another year. I've previously had a Samsung Galaxy Spica with great support from Samdroid but after some time they had some problems and stopped development till some while ago when tom3q started releasing GB for it (cm7). I've moved to LG p500 with also great support from XDA, but also the progress is kinda slow now, i have motorola defy (well not now, it's been a year) and i just love what progress is being made. I just hope it will last most than the two other devices mentioned.
I think after we have fully working ICS (if we encounter no major problems with the kernel <or maybe we'll have an unlocked bootloader to play with---fingers crossed>) maybe then the development can stop:p
I know this is a lot to ask the developers, since everyone moves to dual-core devices (and quad core soon)...but please stay with us on this one. You already have our deepest respect but we still need you guys:)

Yeah I remember you. Even I was a member on samdroid forum and leshak made lot of development for spica but then he disappeared and then came tom3q. Now Tom3q is working on new kernel for spica. I remember even you had made some contribution for in making froyo possible for spica. And you know what even antibyte owns a defy. Hope he still owns it and helps the other devs develop ICS for defy.

Last edited:

iaio72

Jul 16, 2009
Rome
im started to compiled for my nexus-s with 237.driver, for now we have the correct driver only for galaxy nexus, but if someone have an idea what driver for defy we can used i can try to porting to defy!

iaio72

Jul 16, 2009
Rome
heck! my pc is 4 hours, which is downloading the various repo, now I read on the forum dev-google that are prerequisites hardware to compile ics :
24GB of ram / ​​cpu intel xeon or dual i7, ADSL broadband or fiber optic ......:D

adi4motion

May 23, 2010
Yeah I remember you. Even I was a member on samdroid forum and leshak made lot of development for spica but then he disappeared and then came tom3q. Now Tom3q is working on new kernel for spica. I remember even you had made some contribution for in making froyo possible for spica. And you know what even antibyte owns a defy. Hope he still owns it and helps the other devs develop ICS for defy.

my contribution on spica was very small... insignificant:p (a lock key fix and the 315x315 mod) not "really" contributing but thanks for remembering:)

Reactions: cardozclive

adi4motion

May 23, 2010
heck! my pc is 4 hours, which is downloading the various repo, now I read on the forum dev-google that are prerequisites hardware to compile ics :
24GB of ram / ​​cpu intel xeon or dual i7, ADSL broadband or fiber optic ......:D

i think those are exaggerated:p like they sai that in order to run Battlefield 3 you need minimum Core 2 Duo at 3GHz and i run it on my Laptop (Pentium Dual Core 2GHz (sandy brigde)) with most settings on ULTRA)

keep up the good work:)

Zerobarat1

Feb 1, 2011
Those pre-requisites are to ensure you compile in a reasonable ammount of time :p

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

What the hell...???? Maybe someone with a supercomputer can do it... really???

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk

adi4motion

May 23, 2010
my GOD! what's with that?! why?:( this is not good news. That means there will be less developers working on it:(

but really... why does it need that much ram?

crakeron

Jul 27, 2011
Paris

24Gb of RAM.....bullsh*t that doesn't even exist xD. You may have meant 2,4Gb..or else your sources are wrong ;).
Honestly people, just stop and think....does 24Gb of Ram even SOUND believable?! NO x)

Sent from my CM7 Defy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally released the code for Ice Cream Sandwich!

The source code for Ice Cream Sandwich has finally been released, and already ahead of its predecessor, this Honeycomb. This Android 4.0 will operate as barriers accounted for 3.0 ROMs for developers and manufacturers of different products. Welcome to a new era.

In fact, the version released and available for download is 4.0.1, so that it is new face of which we have seen in some Galaxy Nexus surely debuggers or solution to a silly bug.

Currently this version is only available as a ready-made settings included, and settings for other devices will still have to wait. Needless to say, if you know what we talked about then is best to wait until they are released versions "for all", this is for high skills and developers.

It is a version almost embryonic but complete, for some technical problems they have had with your server, but also functional. You only have to download it (link is below) and in the source tree will have to find "full_maguro" that you can use to create a system image for Galaxy Nexus.

Just follow the instructions you will have once the download page (again, at the end of post), and for this use the following GIT:

repo init-u-b android-https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest 4.0.1_r1

We sure will be a long download and have patience, do not synchronize until we are sure it is fully completed or will have an unusable version.

This release includes all updates Android tree, including all of Honeycomb (care tablets manufacturers or rosemary), but insist that "everyone wants to focus on Ice Cream Sandwich" (words).

This discovery has published Jean-Baptiste Queru, Android Software Engineer in the Building Android group of AOSP. For questions, go to the source that we put down at all and do not hesitate to ask. Ice Cream Sandwich!
    im started to compiled for my nexus-s with 237.driver, for now we have the correct driver only for galaxy nexus, but if someone have an idea what driver for defy we can used i can try to porting to defy!

my contribution on spica was very small... insignificant:p (a lock key fix and the 315x315 mod) not "really" contributing but thanks for remembering:)

What the hell...???? Maybe someone with a supercomputer can do it... really???

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk