[Info] Relocking Bootloader to update, then re unlocking

Search This thread

killster

Sep 20, 2010
Pennsylvania
www.celltraderonline.com
I've worked with over 75 phones and the lock. Unlock bootloader stuff is always in the quote bible in the dev section.

Getting upset seems childish. I agree with whoever said different people learn different way and having more info is better.

Someone should make a video because to many people read and.skip lines but when they follow a video they do it as the video goes and pause when needed

Just my thoughts.

Also thanks to both guys who wrote up the how to. I'm certainly not an adb.noob. but that is why I read this. I had to do it and wanted.to make.sure there was nothing I.was missing. I never look in general. Maybe that force of habit. Eh.

:)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
No reason to be sorry, you're only trying to help

I also agree.

The person is trying to help and we have jerk-offs bashing him. Move on to the next thread and let Red/Kenneth decide what goes where. I've never understood why people feel the need to play moderator. If you're not trying to help, go away.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I see a lot of people having problems and lost how to relock bootloader to update via RUU. This is a quick little tutorial. This works with AT&T that I've tested but should work with.others :) Mods I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place...but it feels right here.

If you are relocking make sure you have SuperCid.....

Open command where your SDK tools are....quick way is to hold shift and right click and choose open command line here. Make sure debugging is checked on. Plug device in charge mode, and type adb command as followed below.

"fastboot oem lock"

Now you should be relocked on bootloader. While in bootloader run the RUU 1.85 exe file and follow instructions....takes about 15 min or so to complete. Once done the phone will reboot. Enable debugging once again under developer options. Got to the HTC dev page to unlock bootloader....follow instructions to unlock....use option all other supported devices..... obtain token to unlock bootloader...I hear you can use the old token but this is how you obtain new one just incase.

Place the token bin file inside your SDK tools folder....fire up command prompt once again, go reboot into your bootloader on phone, connect phone to pc, and type adb command as followed...

"fastboot oem get_identifier_token"

Then select yes on phone....blah blah...phone will reboot...once rebooted enable debugging again, go to power options and turn off fastboot....then power off phone......go into bootloader by holding volume down and power and make sure bootloader says unlocked...if not run token identifier command again...took me two trys to get it.....I've heard others take more tries.....if it says unlocked....reboot phone....flash cwr...you can use the one click recovery on this forum..... Then reboot into recovery and go happy flashing on your now updated device. I'll update later, I was just typing this up real quick at work. I might make a bat tool to make things easier.
    Well that wasn't offensive.
    No reason to be sorry, you're only trying to help

I agree.
    When I get home tonight, gonna write up a .bat tool

I actually have the entire process scripted I just didint post it because I dont want to take on that responsibility... I like to focus on ROMS.

If you need help you have my email.

I posted this guide in GENERAL a few days ago because I felt like there was NOTHING developmental happening here. It is a general how-to on locking and unlocking your bootloader. Nothing new, in a development sense, is happening in this post.

I'm not saying he's wrong, but it's how I felt when I posted this guide in the general section. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as people are finding the help they need.

He also delves into custom recovery and that falls under Development. That is not General. With your line of thought the entire "Unlock Bootloader" thread should be in General too because its not technically development?

Sorry not trying to get into a pissing contest I am just trying to show you a alternative point of view.

But we can agree that the that info is useful regarldess of its location...

My thread got hammered with this question when people were updating my ROM. I wish someone made this thread earlier or at least I knew about it. I rarely look at General. Had I seen your thread I could have sent people over there instead of derailing my thread. Oh well. At least I know where to send them now!

And as far as being duplicates, that's a good! Look at any big sub forum and you will see lots of guides on the exact same subject. Each thread explaining it a little different and some threads putting in videos, others with screenshot. There is nothing wrong with too much info. People learn different ways and with different methods / styles of communication.

-Scott
    This totally belongs in this sub-forum. This is related to modifying boot loaders and working around HTC patching the root exploits in 1.85. This is not "General" material.

As far as it being redundant to what is posted in General, how was one to know? Come one guys.

Also OP, You can use the same token that you initially got when you unlocked on 1.82. You dont need to gen a new one. Just throwing that out there.