Verizon update rolling out now: Build VS98012B

Search This thread

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
but i can still flash a custom recovery like TWRP though correct? i just cant flash ROMs.

Yes you can flash a custom recovery via FreeGee in the Playstore, it can flash mods & what not. Although I do say be Extremely Careful with flashing a recovery because I did a backup with TWRP and after it finished it didn't allow me to boot back into the Phone.

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
For those looking to root 12B, ioroot15 works fine. No need to temp unroot with voodoo.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

CtK4949

Aug 6, 2010
I am still getting the Err: 0x1111004 error. I have replaced the HotspotProvision.apk and HotspotProvision.odex with the original. Unfreeze all the apps in Titanium Backup. Put original bootanimation.zip back as well.

Could it be the KitKat launcher??

Can someone help please??

Thanks!!

MakisupaPig

Dec 9, 2011
WY
I am still getting the Err: 0x1111004 error. I have replaced the HotspotProvision.apk and HotspotProvision.odex with the original. Unfreeze all the apps in Titanium Backup. Put original bootanimation.zip back as well.

Could it be the KitKat launcher??

Can someone help please??

Thanks!!

Anything that isn't stock could potentially be the problem. You might want to consider just reverting completely: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448960

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Yes you can flash a custom recovery via FreeGee in the Playstore, it can flash mods & what not. Although I do say be Extremely Careful with flashing a recovery because I did a backup with TWRP and after it finished it didn't allow me to boot back into the Phone.

So....apparently it's not a working recovery

Marcus AI

Dec 24, 2013
Screen %100 non responsive since update

New to the forum. My wife both have VW stock rom, no rooting has ever been done. My update went through flawlessly but hers is now stuck at "Software update complete" but screen does not let you push OK. KNOCK ON OR OFF does not work as screen is 100% inoperable. Tried holding down power and volume down button and was able to restart and power off phone completely,however, after phone when starts up, we are still getting with that screen. Does anyone know what I can do?

onpoint10101

Jan 30, 2012
Hartford, CT
Finially

Well apparently I'm finally able to flash 4.4.2 roms while in 12b. This is what I did and after I successfully installed 4.4.2 and booted. I completely redid the whole process to make sure it really works also.

from stock 10b, updated to 11a, then to 12b. rooted using ioroot15.zip. switched from Superuser to SuperSU. installed freegee from the play store. flashed twrp 2.6.3.3 which after booting into twrp lists 2.6.3.0 (but it must indeed be 2.6.3.3 if it flashes 4.4.2 roms.) booted into twrp wiped Dalvik Cache, data, cache. (I did NOT wipe system) I usually do but I didn't this time. Wiped dalvik cache, data, cache, Three times then flashed my favorite 4.4.2 rom cm-11-20131224-UNOFFICIAL-vs980 which has gapps already included. twrp installed the rom and gapps then I rebooted and it worked. Good luck Thanks for the Great work Dev. Will definitely support. Thanks again especially BreakingVZW and Shelnutt and the whole xda developer community.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year !!!!!!

Last edited:

moosc

Feb 21, 2010
Charlotte NC
So does some one have a stock recovery I can flash? Laptop is fubar so my g2 is my go to device.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
New to the forum. My wife both have VW stock rom, no rooting has ever been done. My update went through flawlessly but hers is now stuck at "Software update complete" but screen does not let you push OK. KNOCK ON OR OFF does not work as screen is 100% inoperable. Tried holding down power and volume down button and was able to restart and power off phone completely,however, after phone when starts up, we are still getting with that screen. Does anyone know what I can do?

Volume up n power, when logo appears let go n press power 2 more times. Factory reset.

So does some one have a stock recovery I can flash? Laptop is fubar so my g2 is my go to device.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Try Freegee from market I see people using.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: rnh

benlane

Aug 1, 2004
Thanks for following up on the ioroot15.zip file - it did the trick. Like many, the main reason to root is use the hotspot mod. I can report that all is well for updating to 12b, rooting with ioroot15 and then installing the hotspot mod. Phone seems a bit quicker - I guess. Biggest difference is the double tap wake up isn't wonkie. Thanks to all again for the tips, advise and file.

Signed: A really old guy that still likes this nerdy stuff. :)

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Thanks for following up on the ioroot15.zip file - it did the trick. Like many, the main reason to root is use the hotspot mod. I can report that all is well for updating to 12b, rooting with ioroot15 and then installing the hotspot mod. Phone seems a bit quicker - I guess. Biggest difference is the double tap wake up isn't wonkie. Thanks to all again for the tips, advise and file.

Signed: A really old guy that still likes this nerdy stuff. :)

AndroJak

Jan 1, 2011
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
I rooted, but am mostly stock, not using a custom recovery or SU. I renamed my modded files back to original, and took the 12b update, went through without a hitch. After, I did have a problem with the LgNfc mod to remove the icon though and I had to revert as it didn't seem to work with the new update, but that is minor.

Marcus AI

Dec 24, 2013
@micromod

Volume up n power, when logo appears let go n press power 2 more times. Factory reset.

Try Freegee from market I see people using.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks Micro, I ended up going to the store and we did a FACTORY RESET, phone screen TOUCH was still completely shot, they are sending us a new one. Wifeys may just not have been built up to par from get go to recv update correctly. Thanks for your response!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finially

Well apparently I'm finally able to flash 4.4.2 roms while in 12b. This is what I did and after I successfully installed 4.4.2 and booted. I completely redid the whole process to make sure it really works also.

from stock 10b, updated to 11a, then to 12b. rooted using ioroot15.zip. switched from Superuser to SuperSU. installed freegee from the play store. flashed twrp 2.6.3.3 which after booting into twrp lists 2.6.3.0 (but it must indeed be 2.6.3.3 if it flashes 4.4.2 roms.) booted into twrp wiped Dalvik Cache, data, cache. (I did NOT wipe system) I usually do but I didn't this time. Wiped dalvik cache, data, cache, Three times then flashed my favorite 4.4.2 rom cm-11-20131224-UNOFFICIAL-vs980 which has gapps already included. twrp installed the rom and gapps then I rebooted and it worked. Good luck Thanks for the Great work Dev. Will definitely support. Thanks again especially BreakingVZW and Shelnutt and the whole xda developer community.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year !!!!!!
    Downloaded the update tonight. Noticed a few more things not mentioned in the change log:

-New Biz theme (pretty sure there was just the two themes before: Basic and Marshmallow)

-File Manager is now a QSlide app

-Black is now an option as the home button background

-Text Link guide in the messaging app

-New analog clock widgets (don't recall seeing these before anyways)

-Camera app quick settings seem like they are a little different

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
    Where does it DL to on the phone??

cache/fota

Hey doublej,

Glad to hear root worked for you on the new OTA 12B. I would like to try what you did but just wanted to make sure I understand.
    I got ioroot14 and looking at it I see.

PHP:
    :VZWRoot
    echo Found VZW phone!
    echo.
    echo Checking OTA version...
    for /f %%i in ('.\adb.exe shell getprop ro.lge.swversion') do set OTAVER=%%i
    if %OTAVER%==VS98010B GOTO VZWStockRoot
    if %OTAVER%==VS98011A GOTO VZWOTARoot
    GOTO VZWNoMatch

So all you did was change it to the below and save then run it and you were rooted?

PHP:
    :VZWRoot
    echo Found VZW phone!
    echo.
    echo Checking OTA version...
    for /f %%i in ('.\adb.exe shell getprop ro.lge.swversion') do set OTAVER=%%i
    if %OTAVER%==VS98010B GOTO VZWStockRoot
    if %OTAVER%==VS98011A GOTO VZWOTARoot
    if %OTAVER%==VS98012B GOTO VZWOTARoot
    GOTO VZWNoMatch

Any help you could provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Hey yup just saw your other post and replied to it above. Take a look and let me know if that looks ok. That is exactly what I want is the tether bypass hahaah.

That is exactly what I did. Took the chance and it paid off. Good luck.

I pulled down the update, scheduled install for later, then moved all the files,to a dummy folder on my sdcard and froze the updater. File itself is 173M & it's a .bin so if someone wants to take a look shoot me a pm